Published on January 28, 2016
1. STEFERI STRATEGIC PLANNING PROCESS THE HAND METHOD STEFERI has come up with an easy way to guide our clients through a strategic planning process, that is easy to remember: “The Hand Method”:
2. 1) The Thumb: Where are you headed? Where do you want to be in the next 5-10 years? What does winning look like for you? How do you deﬁne success? Key products: Vision, Mission, Values and Principles.
3. 2) The Pointer: Identify your target consumer. Are your products/ services aligned with their needs? Do you know your consumer/ clients? Have you selected the right territory? Is it sufﬁcient for your long-term success? Key deliverables: choices made or strategies on where to play. The big idea (aha moment) and the need that is being addressed.
4. 3) The Tallest (or middle ﬁnger): How do you stand out against your competition? What is your point of difference in those attributes you offer? Do you have a winning business model? Is your value proposition sustainable? How fast can the competition match it? Key deliverable: business model, value proposition, competitive analysis, action plans.
5. 4)The Ring. Show me your treasures… what are your company’s core competencies? Are these aligned with the choices you have made? Do you have a training program in place to build & strengthen capabilities in your organization? Key deliverable: people proﬁle required, people diagnostic, training needs, gaps and actions plans.
6. 5)The Pinky. What tools do you have in place to measure progress towards your goals? Apart from the regular accounting systems, do you have speciﬁc ones that help you strengthen your organizational capacities? Key deliverables: identifying system needs, process to work on, benchmarking for best practices.
7. 6)The Handshake: It represents your business relationship with your clients, suppliers, employees and community. Key deliverables: relationship plan.
8. Each step (ﬁnger) consists of the following items: a) Deﬁnitions and support material b) Q&A to trigger conversation c) Exercises d) Review
do a strategic plan. The entire strategic planning ... On the other hand, ... Do you believe the strategic planning process was useful?
... How do I complete my strategic plan? Step 1. ... A strategic plan is a document that ... The strategic planning process includes six steps that ...
Strategic Focus Series 1Series 1 ... Know what the strategic planning process involves: ... ☛Display posters with planning themes. ☛Hand out individual ...
Planning process. Example of planning process framework. ... Site planning; Spatial planning; Strategic planning; Succession planning; Time management;
... The Strategic Process: Strategic Planning and Strategic ... own strengths and ... the data created by a strategic planning process, the CSF method, ...
... strategic planning ... Once a clear picture of the firm and its environment is in hand, specific strategic ... The strategic planning process ...
Strategic teaching is a way of ... The process of planning a course ... Beginning the process of planning a course by doing a strategic analysis is ...
... meaning and success of a strategic planning process: ... into your own strategic planning process. ... hand, strategic planning assumes that ...
... the sophistication of planning processes, with strategic management ... its own processes, ... Strategic planning; Strategic Management Society;