Published on February 23, 2014
3 ’D-man model For analysis of M&A Cell: +972-54-4536568 | Fax: +972-9-7417607 | Email: email@example.com 1
1. Model logic My research and experience have shown that there are a few distinct threats that lead to M&A failure. By taking them into account, you can better manage a transaction, better analyze a deal or better plan M&A execution… Cell: +972-54-4536568 | Fax: +972-9-7417607 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 2
2. Strategic & Organizational Fit Strategic fit is focused on the compatibility between the strategies of the target firm and the acquirer. Organizational fit refers to the compatibility between the target and parent administrative practices, cultural practices, and personnel characteristics. Taken together, these two aspects of fit directly affect how the firms can be integrated as they reflect the corporate match between the parties. Cell: +972-54-4536568 | Fax: +972-9-7417607 | Email: email@example.com 3
3. Human bias Strategic Decisions are made by human beings, and as such, are subject to human predisposition, prejudice and bias. Lack of (acquisition) experience Over-commitment to acquire (Delusional) optimism Overconfidence Greed Stupidity Entrenchment Executive confirmation bias Managerialism Empire building Managerial hubris Cell: +972-54-4536568 | Fax: +972-9-7417607 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 4
4. Faulty decision-making processes are dependent on circumstances, proper process planning etc. • Faulty target selection (looking at only one potential firm…) • Lack of agreement on acquisition goals • Lack of planning and lack of effective process execution • Incorrect risk perceptions and propensities • Poor valuation and analysis decisions Cell: +972-54-4536568 | Fax: +972-9-7417607 | Email: email@example.com 5
5. Faulty integration processes Even if all actions and decisions taken are correct and logical, ineffective post-acquisition integration will negatively influence performance . Cell: +972-54-4536568 | Fax: +972-9-7417607 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 6
6. Financial aspects Wrong price or wrong mode of payment (cash / equity) have been shown to be potential sources of acquisition failure. Cell: +972-54-4536568 | Fax: +972-9-7417607 | Email: email@example.com 7
7. Model utilization Cell: +972-54-4536568 | Fax: +972-9-7417607 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org 8
Find more presentations and information on my website: www.friedman.org.il Copyright 2014 @ Yair Friedman. All Rights Reserved 9
He went on to earn his M.A. from the University of Chicago ... in the field of consumption analysis, ... with Milton Friedman. EconTalk ...
The Social Responsibility of Business is to Increase its Profits by Milton Friedman. ... it is hard for "evil" people to do "evil," especially since one ...
Join the most popular free 3d models site out there, rocking 12877+ 3d models, ... Rubik's Cube 3d model. ADVERTISMENT Rubik's Cube +10. Download.3ds, ...
A 3D or 3-D (three-dimensional) ... an exhibition of live 3D shadows, and M.A.R.S., ... it is possible to return to the models to generate a 3D version.
3D packaging) spart ... der Funktionsblöcke auf die Einzelchips und für die thermische Analyse ... Professor Eby Friedman an der University of ...
Java Graticule 3D (OpenAdjustment) An OpenSource Least-Squares ... the software supports deformation-analysis on the observation ... thanks man, great ...
... but the main draw is likely to be the opportunity to have a bust or full length 3D model ... an Iron Man facemask and a model ... Officers analyse 3D ...
This shift is an outcome of analysis of how to increase management control and ... the stages of growth model assumes straightforward organizational goals ...