Published on March 7, 2014
COSIDICI SUBMITTED TO : MA’AM DAKSHA PATHAK SUBMITTED BY : BRAJESH RAWAT BBA PT.III SEM VI
* * Council Of State Industrial Development and Investment Corporations Of India (COSIDICI), which act as a catalyst for rendering assistance/guidance through its network of 56 affiliated State Industrial Development and Investment Corporations in respect of : * Availability of loans on soft terms; * Allotment of industrial plot/shed in one of the industrial estates or industrial parks developed by the state level corporation; * Technical assistance for the preparation of project reports; * Availability of special incentives provided by the respective state governments for setting up of industries, etc. * Ex : RIICO In Rajasthan.
* * Established in 1976 as a Society under the Societies Registration Act, 1860, * The Council of State Industrial Development and Investment Corporations of India (COSIDICI) is a national federation of state level financial and investment corporations comprising State Financial Corporations (SFCs), State Industrial Development Corporations (SIDCs) and State Infrastructure Development Corporations engaged in promotion, development and financing of industry in small, medium and large sectors , besides developing industrial infrastructural facilities like industrial estates, industrial parks, industrial townships, etc. * As on 30th September, 1999, COSIDICI has a membership of 56 state level institutions, as indicated below
* * State Financial Corporation (SFCs) - 18 : These corporations have been set up at the state level under State Financial Corporations Act, 1951. * These corporations have been notified as "Public Financial Institutions' under Section 4-A of the Companies Act by the Government of India * State Industrial Development Corporations (SIDCs) - 28 * State Industrial Infrastructure Development and Investment Corporations - 10 . * These corporations were set up under the Companies Act, 1956 and have been functioning as 'Public Limited Companies'.
* * Provide & arrange means and facilities for dissemination of knowledge and information relating to promotion and development of industries. * Promote ,Protect & develop Common interests of the various corporations. member * Establish & maintain at the registered office a commercial and technical library and information center for use of member corporation . * Co-operate with various institutions and organizations in India and abroad in the collection and exchange of information pertaining to industries. * Sponsor professional ,technical, management, marketing and other programs and services for the benefits of the member corporations. * Promote co-ordination, collaboration , joint participation & general understanding among the member corporation. * Organize common service facilities ,course ,seminars ,meetings and study tours for the benefit of the member corporations.
* * Institute awards for outstanding and meritorious performance in the activities connected with development of industries. * Seek representation for the member corporation on govt. sponsored committees ,council , bodies ,term lending institutions ,teams etc. connected with the development of industries . * Render assistance to member corporations in their efforts to improve efficiency of operations of their assisted and sponsored units. * Establish contacts ,relations with trade organizations ,associations ,chambers of industries or commerce of India and abroad in furtherance of the objectives of the COSIDICI. * Liaise with and to represent to the central and state govt. , the term lending and other financial institutions on the common problems and issues of the members corporations.
* * Vastra – An International Textile & Apparel Fair 2012 * Rajasthan State Industrial Development & Investment Corporation Limited (RIICO), Jaipur organized an International Fair from 22nd to 25th November, 2012 at Sitapura Industrial Area, Jaipur titled “VASTRA – An International Textile and Apparel Fair 2012” * which was supported by the Ministry of Textiles, GoI and Government of Rajasthan. Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry was the co-organisers. * VASTRA 2012, a comprehensive trade fair and conference on Textiles and Apparel has been planned to showcase the best and latest in textiles from – Fibre to Fashion, be it technology, machines, products or accessories .
* * Objectives of VASTRA : ♦ Showcasing India as sourcing Hub and Investment destination; ♦ Showcasing the entire value chain – Fibre to Fashion; ♦ Presentation business opportunities. COSIDICI National Award Function, 2013 COSIDICI is set to hold its ‘National Award Function 2013’ on 15th February 2013 for felicitating such units financed by State Level Financial Institutions [SLFIs] which have excelled in various areas. The day would also be celebrated as the ‘Foundation Day’ of COSIDICI. It was also felt that this activity would give exposure to the SLFIs and would serve to highlight their importance in today’s financial scenario. It would also motivate the successful units to continue with their good performance.
* M/s POLYCON INTERNATIONAL LTD. M/s Polycon International Limited, Jaipur is a Proprietary concern of Shri Lal Chand Baid started about 36 years ago. The unit is engaged in manufacture of Pet Bottles and Jars and Water Storage Tanks. The Company is using machines of latest technology i.e. Single Stretch Blow Moulding Machines (Japan Make) for manufacturing of Pet Bottles & Jars. Earlier, the unit used to export to Middle East Countries. However, presently the unit is supplying to MNCs located in India. M/s Polycon International Limited has availed loans aggregating Rs.2,453.65 lacks from Rajasthan Financial Corporation (RFC), Jaipur. It has been awarded SME-3 Rating by CRISIL for the year 2012-2013.