Published on May 27, 2014
Presented by Wendy Perry ©Workforce BluePrint©Workforce BluePrint @waperry from @WorkforcePlan The changing nature of workforce development in Australian Agribusiness Building the skills base of Sunraysia 1
Addressing workforce challenges… 2
• City of Onkaparinga beat170 applications nationally • Video link 3 Jamie Oliver’s Ministry of Food
• Business association & council collaboration 4 McLaren Vale Hills Valleys and Beaches Visitor Guide
5 Augusta Margaret River Tourism Association (AMRTA)
• 2009 not really known for anything • 2010 Flavours of Campbelltown Food Trail launched • 2011 Bronze medal SA Tourism Awards • 2012 Moonlight markets + awards • Contact: Ursula Hickey • Manager Ec Development • twitter:@UrsulaHickey • @CampbelltownSA 6 Campbelltown City Council Food Trail
• Santos Tour Down Under • Adelaide Tour Cycling Series • First Tourism Accredited Food Trail • 25 Food Trail members • Most searched Food Trail in Aust. • 1 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze SA Tourism Awards • Economic Development Strategy 7 Campbelltown City Council Food Trail
• Australian Apprenticeships • Entrepreneurs programme • Managing and Maximising your Business Online • School Based Apprenticeships • School Based Programs • Training Needs Analysis • VET in Schools • Webinars • Work placements Your ideas? 8 Innovative and Inspiring
Insert screen shot 9 Workforce Plan Generator™
• Young Entrepreneurs Spark Program • Australian Food Hubs Network • Majoran Distillery • Sass Place – co working for women • That Space • Hub Australia 10 Young Entrepreneurs
Doing Business Online KNOW about doing business online DON’T KNOW about doing business online KNOW how to do business online DIGITAL NAVIGATOR (Destination) DIGITAL BLINDSPOT (Overtaken) DON’T KNOW how to do business online DIGITAL HITCHHIKER (Transit) DIGITAL ROADKILL BUSINESS (Death)
#mmBOPau Future Webinars & Programs •Federal Budget 2014 analysis – 28 May 2014 – 1.30 pm AEST •School Based Apprenticeships – who benefits ? – 30 May 2014 – 2.30 pm AEST •Engaging Young People via Social Media – 6 June 2014 – 2.30 pm AEST •mmBOP – all programs and tools
Food Workforce Framework Structure: •essential skills (required across all job roles, current and emerging) across the supply chain (general capability) for each sector (agriculture, food and beverage, meat) •functional skills (common skills required by multiple job roles) and •job specific skills. Used primarily by: •food industry firms and enterprises (workforce development strategies - job profiling, attraction, recruitment, retention, development, career pathways, utilisation of skills and training needs analysis); •supply chains networks of enterprises, for example regional clusters and Farmers Markets; and
Food & Beverage Competency Framework Job Specific Capabilities Functional Capabilities Meat General Food & Beverage Agriculture
Practical application • Training Needs Analysis – evidence based • Retention and reskilling - Meat sector – slicer – boner – butcher • Regional project – Robinvale Agribusiness Workforce Development Strategy: - Workforce profiling to support growth - Highly competent agricultural workforce now & in the future - Identify entry level & skill requirements for job roles - Skills assessment process/tools
LinkedIn – Workforce Planning Tools 16
LinkedIn – Australian VET Leaders 17
What’s next for you? • Questions and Answers • Your take-aways and actions? • Connect 18
Workforce BluePrint: www.workforceblueprint.au – check out the shop! firstname.lastname@example.org WPAA (all things VET) www.wpaa.com.au Keep up to date: LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/wendyperry Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WorkforcePlanningTools Twitter: @WorkforcePlan and @waperry Workforce Planning Tools: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Workforce-Planning- Tools-4245718?trk=myg_ugrp_ovr Connect 19
http://ecommerce-for-business.com/shackles-boats-theboatonlinestore/ We offer a ...
Pretty similar to gold bars are these silver slabs. Silver is considered as the mo...
If you are an investor of gold bars and coins, one of the major things that you ou...
CyberSecurity's social media stats for one week as of Oct 21st 2014
CyberSecurity's social media stats for one week as of Oct 28th 2014
Invitation to you to attend the 2014 Sunraysia Agribusiness ... CEO of Workforce Blue - The changing nature of workforce development in ... Australia ...
The Changing Nature of Work: ... Nothing but Net: American Workers and the Information Economy by John J. Heldrich Center for Workforce Development, ...
... Russell Paton, Manager Business Development, ... The Agribusiness Association of Australia is a member based, ... With a focus on the Natural ...
Current supporters; ... Ruralco Holdings Limited is a leading Australian agribusiness with close to ... and farm development. ANZ Agribusiness assists ...
WORKFORCE PLANNING IN AGRICULTURE: Agricultural ... the Australian workforce are ... custodians of the Australian environment and its natural ...
AN AGEING WORKFORCE Australia’s farmers ... This may in part reflect the nature of farm work which ... 6 Australia and food security in a changing ...
... Australian agribusiness is perfectly placed ... the workforce ages are resulting in a natural loss ... establishment and development of ...
... Workforce Recruitment and Labour ... Linemarking Group Australia and Workforce International Limited. ... especially in our agribusiness, ...
... The changing workforce is influencing the way companies do business, suggesting that workforce stability will be an employer's competitive edge.