Published on March 3, 2016
1. The Business of Being Social SOCIAL THINKING FOR PR PROS
2. Published on Feb 15, 2016 by Robert Allen on SmartInsights.com
3. Published on Feb 15, 2016 by Robert Allen on SmartInsights.com
4. Facebook — 72% of adult internet users/62% of entire adult population Fully 72% of online American adults use Facebook, a proportion unchanged from September 2014. Usage continues to be especially popular among online women, 77% of whom are users. In addition, 82% of online adults ages 18 to 29 use Facebook, along with 79% of those ages 30 to 49, 64% of those ages 50 to 64 and 48% of those 65 and older. Pew Research Aug 2015
5. Pinterest — 31% of adult internet users/26% of entire adult population Some 31% of online adults use Pinterest, a proportion that is unchanged from the 28% of online adults who did so in September 2014. Women continue to dominate Pinterest – 44% of online women use the site, compared with 16% of online men. Those under the age of 50 are also more likely to be Pinterest users – 37% do so, compared with 22% of those ages 50 and older. Pew Research Aug 2015
6. Instagram — 28% of adult internet users/24% of entire adult population Some 28% of online adults use Instagram, a proportion that is unchanged from the 26% of online adults who did so in September 2014. Instagram continues to be popular with non- whites and young adults: 55% of online adults ages 18 to 29 use Instagram, as do 47% of African Americans and 38% of Hispanics. Additionally, online women continue to be more likely than online men to be Instagram users (31% vs. 24%). Pew Research Aug 2015
7. LinkedIn — 25% of adult internet users/22% of entire adult population A quarter of online adults use LinkedIn, a proportion that is unchanged from the 28% of online adults who did so in September 2014. LinkedIn is the only major social media platform for which usage rates are higher among 30- to 49-year- olds than among 18- to 29-year-olds. Fully 46% of online adults who have graduated from college are LinkedIn users, compared with just 9% of online adults with a high school diploma or less. The site continues to be popular among the employed – 32% are LinkedIn users, compared with 14% of online adults who are not employed. Pew Research Aug 2015
8. Twitter — 23% of all internet users/20% of entire adult population Some 23% of all online adults use Twitter, a proportion that is identical to the 23% of online adults who did so in September 2014. Internet users living in urban areas are more likely than their suburban or rural counterparts to use Twitter. Three-in- ten online urban residents use the site, compared with 21% of suburbanites and 15% of those living in rural areas. Twitter is more popular among younger adults — 30% of online adults under 50 use Twitter, compared with 11% of online adults ages 50 and older. Pew Research Aug 2015
9. Engagement on Social Media
10. KNOW LIKE TRUST
11. Content Creation Tips Understand what is keeping your customer from making the decision that you would like for them to make. [REVERSE ENGINEER] Begin with the end in mind. Each platform has its’s own personality. Create content based not only on the target, but also on the style of the platform. Watch the trending list on Facebook & Twitter. Think about how you can apply visuals to your story. DO NOT create one piece of content and schedule for every platform.
12. “ ” A study by Edelman found that 87 percent of people want meaningful interactions with brands, but only 17 percent believe that brands deliver them. FEBRUARY 2015
13. Case Study’s WHEN YOU HAVE ICONIC BRANDS EMBRACING SOCIAL, IT SAYS THAT SOCIAL IS A PLATFORM THAT CAN NOT BE IGNORED. ITS MUCH BETTER TO BE AHEAD OF THE CURVE THEN CHASING BEHIND OTHER BRANDS THAT WERE WILLING TO TRY IT. OUR CLIENTS EXPECT US TO BE LEADERS IN OUR EXPERTISE. COMMUNICATION!
14. Burberry has fully embraced social media as a means to reach customers and fans, and over 60% of their marketing budget is now going on digital. #ArtOfTheTrench 2015
15. User generated content
16. Media coverage on their social media campaigns
17. Content that showcases brand value
18. Also created a Chicago City Guide via Twitter based on user generated content
20. Facebook Insights
21. Twitter Analytics
22. 2016 Trends Social media goes private FB Groups, LI Groups, and the rise of messaging apps Pay more for traffic Encouraged to “boost” post Social strategies are now centered around people Influencer Marketing, Employee Advocacy, Social Selling Visuals designed based on the platform Video and live streaming
23. 3 Social Apps You May Not Know About March 26, 2015 Raised 1.6 millionin first round of funding Launched April 2015, still in Beta
24. THANK YOU Nicole Henderson Nicole@selsienterprises.com Twitter & Periscope: @Selsi_Ent Instagram: SelsiEnt Snapchat: SELSIENT
The Business Of Being Social 2nd Edition Harnessing the Power of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube for businesses
Buy The Business of Being Social: A Practical Guide to Harnessing the power of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn & YouTube for all businesses by Michelle Carvill ...
The Business of Being Social has 15 ratings and 2 reviews. Wendy said: I use a lot of different social media sites regularly and would consider myself to...
Social media and the customer (and potential customer) data it provides is allowing forward-thinking businesses and organizations to excel in customer ...
The Business of Being Social GoDaddy. Subscribe Subscribed Unsubscribe 24,743 24K. Loading... Loading... Working... Add to. Want to watch this ...
What is social media? Have you got a facebook page but are unsure how it can benefit your company? Or do you want to monitor your social media activity ...
The Business of Being Social Stephanie Cartin. Google's Sublime Marketing: AlphaGo Beats Smartest Human. What It Means For You?
the business of being social What you will find in this chapter. The importance of planning; The many uses of social media; Becoming an adaptive social ...
With the help of social media, sales consultants have been able to connect with a wide audience throughout the world. Maureen Stanton is one ...
The Business of Being Social : A Practical Guide to Harnessing the Power of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Other Social Media Networks for All ...