Published on October 27, 2016
1. THE ADVANCED GUIDE TO DIET, NUTRITION AND HEALTHY EATING
2. THE ADVANCED GUIDE TO DIET, NUTRITION AND HEALTHY EATING A DESCRIPTION OF DIET: ▪ The term “diet” has a variety of meanings in modern times, from the type and quantity of food a person consumes daily, to the food they select and their daily eating habits, in order to achieve proposed results. ▪ “To diet” does not mean to deprive your body of nutrients or to eat food that will make you physically ill… ▪ Diet should be all about balance, as a balanced body, eating habits and state of mind, are the ultimate goals of a healthy diet.
3. GOOD TO EAT FOOD LIST: Avocados, anchovies, apple. Chinese cabbage, cherry tomatoes, corn, carrots, hazelnuts, herring, mackerel, mangos, mustard, onions, oranges, peas, almonds, broccoli, beets, berries, brown rice,, pecans, salmon, sardines, seeds (pumpkin, sesame) squash, soy products, sweet potatoes, tofu, yams.
4. BALANCED DIET: The word “balance” refers to an optimum mixture of nutrients, retained from the type and quantity of food you eat every day. According to Mayoclinic.com, a proper split of calories sources would look like this: 45% – 65% carbohydrates 10% – 35% proteins 20% – 35% fats
5. THE PALEO DIET: ▪ The Paleo diet focuses on eating natural food, with little or no processing, the way our ancestors used to eat more than 10,000 of years ago. ▪ Paleo supports the idea of eating what has always been around: such as fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, meat and eggs.
6. THE SUGAR FREE DIET: ▪ A sugar free diet means consuming foods that do not contain sugar. ▪ What you can eat in a balanced sugar free diet are foods that are low on the glycemic index, such as whole grains, oats, vegetables or natural yoghurts, fruits.
7. Do you want to see more? THE ADVANCED GUIDE TO DIET, NUTRITION AND HEALTHY EATING HTTP://BYJULIA.COM.AU/HEALTHY-EATING- GUIDE/