Published on October 9, 2009
The 15 Best Companies For The Planet
15. Sprint Nextel Sprint has set an ambitious goal for 90% of its suppliers to be in compliance with its environmental standards by 2017. Some of these standards include an absolute greenhouse gas emission reduction. The companies energy management program has resulted in reducing energy use by an average of more than nine percent each year for over six years. Sprint’s energy reduction in 2008 equates to 21,400 tons of CO2, or: Taking 3,918 passenger cars off the road for one year. Reducing oil use by 49,744 barrels per year. Saving the electricity used in 2,967 households each year. Preserving 149 acres of forest.
14. Sun Microsystems Sun eliminated 23% of its U.S. GHG emissions between 2002 and 2007, and it plans to reduce GHG emissions from its global operations by 20% by 2015.The company requires environmental management accreditation from all main suppliers, and it is working to improve its energy efficiency, since 90 % of its carbon footprint comes from energy consumption. Sun regularly posts its total energy use and GHG emissions by facility on its website
13. Wells Fargo Since 2005, Wells Fargo has run a $5 billion financing program for green businesses, solar and wind energy projects and green building. The company also supports environmental nonprofits that focus on renewable energy and green building. Other green initiatives include purchasing copy paper that is at least 30% post-consumer waste.
12. Cisco Systems Cisco's facilities in France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, and the U.K. used 100% renewable energy in 2008, while energy use of its overall European operations was 80% renewable. In the U.S., the company's green energy consumption was only 32%.
11. Johnson Controls The company designs products to improve the fuel efficiency of automobiles and jointly opened the world's first plant dedicated to manufacturing lithium-ion batteries. Selected by Ford as the battery supplier for a plug-in vehicle it planned to release in 2010. It has committed to reducing its energy use by 50%
10. Starbucks Starbucks uses recycled paper products and organic, shade-grown coffee. It has pledged to incorporate green building standards in all construction by 2010. While the company has encouraged all of its suppliers to commit to preserving the environment and be mindful of energy and water uses, Starbucks itself has been accused of water waste. [
9. Applied Materials The chip-maker purchases renewable energy and has expanded its solar manufacturing business - creating a solar-panel shaded parking lots at its facilities. While Applied Materials is making great progress in energy consumption, its water use is substantial. [
8. Bristol-Myers Squibb It's aggressively trying to cut greenhouse gases by 10% compared to 2001 levels. It's also working on a number of other environmentally friendly initiatives.
7. Nike Forget the sweatshops baby! Nike is uber-green. It even makes a basketball shoe from "environmentally preferred materials" like recycled polyester. It has a whole line of sustainable goods. It also invests in renewable energy and says Newsweek, "Code of conduct requires over 650 contract factories in 52 countries to have written environmental policies."
6. State Street Hmmm. While asset management isn't really thought of as green, State Street is doing its best to reduce electricity use and air travel. (We bet their employees hate that! No travel, turn off the lights!) The company is also looking at how many emissions it produces.
5. IBM Since 1971, the company has had environmental policies. It's entire "smart" business is built around making money and creating a sustainable planet. All of its employees take environmental awareness training sessions. This company is serious about doing right by the environment.
4. Intel Intel purchases more renewable energy than any other corporation in the world. Improving the efficiency of its chips is of equal importance to improving the speed of the chips. It's also cutting back on toxic stuff and waste.
3. Johnson & Johnson For almost 20 years, the company has worked to reduce its waste, and become more sustainable. It isn't planning of going carbon neutral, but it has the largest fleet of hybrids in the world, and it has strong environmental goals.
2. Dell Dell has been an outspoken company when it comes to the environment, regularly battling rivals for the title of "greenest." Its computers will be using 25% less energy by 2010, and its headquarters is powered entirely by renewable energy. It is a carbon neutral company and it leads the industry in recycling its products.
1. Hewlett-Packard Expect to see this in ad campaigns. HP has a plan in place to cut down greenhouse gas emissions, and it was the first IT company to report those emissions. It's cut back on toxic substances (though not enough to sate Greenpeace, apparently.) It's also been aggressive with recycling.
Thanks and make your Company GREEN Reference http://www.businessinsider.com
VITOGAZ vous présente: CFBP baromètre gpl carburant
Ata Escrita da 16ª Sessão Ordinária realizada em 16/10/2014 pela Câmara de Vereado...
Ata Escrita da 10ª Sessão Extraordinária realizada em 16/10/2014 pela Câmara de Ve...
Rx1 zayiflama hapi, kullanimi nasildir, yan etkileri var mi? yan etkiler var ise h...
Esposto del MoVimento 5 Stelle sul Patto del Nazareno
Who's greenwashing, and who's serious when it comes to the environment? Here's the 15 best companies for the environment based on a complicated ...
As the following list of the 15 worst companies for the environment makes very clear, ... The 15 worst companies for the planet ...
companies in 48 countries giving 1% of their sales . DIRECTLY TO: More than 3,300 ... 1% for the Planet. Office: 47 Maple Street, Ste. 111. Burlington VT ...
... which uses the planet' ... The Five Geothermal Companies to Watch. Comment; ... 15 best cities for college grads
These days there are a handful of companies waiting to make your dream become ... the 15 greatest shipping container homes ... HiCONSUMPTION'S DAILY ...
Here we will discuss top ten best Pharmaceutical companies ... 15 Funny Things ... everywhere throughout the planet. Ten Best Pharmaceutical Companies ...
Firm Management Plante Moran Named to Fortune list of "100 Best Companies to Work For" for 15th Year Jan 16, 2013
What do you intend to do with the plane? ... but still make sense financially for many individuals and companies where seat ... Best Airplanes Sorted ...
For its list of best companies for the environment, ... RECOMMENDED BY FORBES. The 10 Companies Considered 'Best For The World'
Planting the Planet. Homepage; About; General Information; Experienced Treeplanter Application; Inexperienced Treeplanters; Where We Work; Why Work With Us ...