Published on October 13, 2014
1. IT PROJECT MANAGEMENT ● I T PROJECTS COME IN MANY DI F FERENT SHAPES AND SI ZES ● THESE INCLUDE I T SERVICES, DEVELOPMENT OF APPS OR WEBSI TES, AND EVEN RESEARCH INTO NEW TECHNOLOGIES . ● HERE ARE TEN RULES OF EF FECT IVELY MANAGING AN I T PROJECT
2. 1. AGILITY ● Rigid planning and documentation are a thing of the past. ● Projects must be FLEXIBLE and reactive to problems swiftly as they arise. ● This can save a lot of money and resources. www.dsp.co.uk
3. 2. DELEGATION ● It is highly advisable in IT Project Management to delegate tasks. ● Trusting others to deliver frees up more time for management to examine key milestones of the project or take a step back to evaluate the overall performance of the project. www.dsp.co.uk
4. 3. EVOLUTION ● Management Techniques are constantly evolving to reflect the evolution in project technologies. ● Management must embrace these changes. ● Willingness to be flexible in how projects are approached and carried out can lead to greater results. www.dsp.co.uk
5. 4. PLANNING ● Arguably the most important aspect of IT Project Management ● A clearly defined and detailed plan is vital to any project ● Managers must also be able to make changes without slowing down or stalling the progress of the project ● Predicting problems and being flexible is key here www.dsp.co.uk
6. 5. DRIVE ● The success of a project can be measured by THREE variables: o Timeline o Budget o Resources Available ● The skill of effective project management is to complete it under the set budget, on time and without over-stretching resources. www.dsp.co.uk
7. 6. DELIVERABLES ● It is important for managers to set ACHIEVABLE goals to get the best out of his/her team. ● Stating DIRECTION and EXPECTATIONS to staff and co-workers that are CLEAR and PRE-AGREED is also vital. www.dsp.co.uk
8. 7. STEPS ● A step-by-step approach is important for working through these deliverable tasks ● Reaching one milestone and completing tasks one-by-one is less daunting than taking on many tasks in one go ● Management must keep staff and co-workers MOTIVATED by reviewing each step and approving them www.dsp.co.uk
9. 8. RISK ● There are Risks and Issues associated with every project. ● It is advisable to appoint a member of the team to assess risks and alleviate concerns as they arise. ● Documenting these risks is another important way of making sure a project can run smoothly. www.dsp.co.uk
10. 9. COMMUNICATION ● Open Communication is encouraged to run a project smoothly. ● It can save time and ensure that everybody is working towards the same goal. ● Makes sure everything gets completed. www.dsp.co.uk
11. 10. FOUNDATION ● It is important to keep the Foundation of the project in mind ● Management Techniques are always changing but the THREE constants of a well-managed Project are: o TIME o BUDGET o QUALITY www.dsp.co.uk
12. OUR SKILLS: If you would like more information about Project Management and our expertise in helping to guide the process… Call dsp today on 08701 999377 or CONTACT US ONLINE www.dsp.co.uk
Presentación que realice en el Evento Nacional de Gobierno Abierto, realizado los ...
In this presentation we will describe our experience developing with a highly dyna...
Presentation to the LITA Forum 7th November 2014 Albuquerque, NM
Un recorrido por los cambios que nos generará el wearabletech en el futuro
Um paralelo entre as novidades & mercado em Wearable Computing e Tecnologias Assis...
The Project Management Institute defines project management as the application of knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities to meet ...
Top 10 Rules of Project Management. Posted on December 13, 2013 Updated on December 17, 2013. Project Management Templates are evolving daily ...
10 Project Management Rules for Success. Learn how to manage projects seamlessly and successfully. Get My Free eBook
10 Golden Rules for New Project ... and this is especially true in project management. ... Don't let risks sneak up and derail your project. Rule 10: ...
3 Responses to 15 Ground Rules for Project Team Management. ... These are basically rules that the project leader/manager ... 10: 11: 12: 13: 14 ...
Customer satisfaction is important. If it’s good, you can tout your stats in marketing and sales materials. If it’s bad, at least you can find out why ...
As you begin to use Project 2016, the common sayings (or aphorisms, axioms, and precepts) here can help you recall basic project-management principles ...
Project management. These two words bring thoughts of complexity, confusion, and even fear to many companies. People believe that project management is ...
10 Golden Rules of Project Risk Management. Bart Jutte. Published on 5 October 2010 under Risk Management. The benefits of risk management in projects are ...