Published on July 24, 2014
Textbook AnalysisTextbook Analysis PRESENTED BYPRESENTED BY:: NI WAYAN EKAYANINI WAYAN EKAYANI NI NYOMAN SRI WIDIASTUTINI NYOMAN SRI WIDIASTUTI
Developing English Competencies for Senior High School (SMA/MA) Grade XII of Natural and Social Science Programmes
Textbook Identity Book Title : Developing English Competencies Publisher : Pusat Perbukuan, Departemen Pendidikan Nasional Date ( year ) of Publication : 2008 Intended for grade : XII Senior High School Chapter/Unit : I – V ( Chapter I-III is analyzed ) Page : 1 – 88 pages
The Criterions of Textbook 1. Goals of The Course The first chapter until third chapter suitable with the syllabus. Example : basic competence in listening skill responding meaning in transactional and interpersonal conversation accurately, fluently, and acceptable in daily life context that involves speech action : admitting blame, promises, complaining, accusation, expressing of curiosity, and showing attitudes. This basic competence apply in the second chapter in every sub material in which all material related with basic competence asked.
2.Background of The Students a. Age : 17-18 years old b. Educational background : English taught in Senior High School grade XII c. Culture : relates to students’ lives
3. Approach Audio Visual Kinesthetic 4. Language Skill This textbook is focused in conducting every language skills listening, speaking, reading and writing.
5. General Content The textbook shows that the materials given generally used to communicate every day. This textbook used genre, such as narrative text, explanation text, and discussion text. This textbook also contains phonetics symbol
6. Quality of practice materials • The exercise instructions in this textbook are clear for teacher and students. • The textbook uses inductive approach. • Supported by review exercises. 7. Sequencing The textbook sequenced by grammatical structures, genre, and skills.
8. Vocabulary In the textbook students have activity to learn new vocabulary and memorize it. 9. Accompanying materials • Tape and pictures
Evaluation of the textbook • The materials in the textbook are complete and appropriate with the goal in the syllabus. • The textbook encouraged students to do activity suitable with the material taught in the every chapter . • The textbook is sequenced by focusing on vocabulary . • The textbook is relevance of its contexts and situations .
• The strength and weakness of the textbook : The strengths - This textbook use inductive approach - The material given are familiar for the students - This text book presents “Grammar Review” - “Pronunciation practice” provides list of words to be pronounced - Developing English Competencies for grade XII provides “UN Shot” The weaknesses - The instructions are not clear - There is no integrated skill in this textbook.
HERRICK RM. Lever displacement during continuous reinforcement and during a discrimination. J Comp Physiol Psychol. 1963 Aug; 56:700–707. HERRICK RM.
Textbook Analysis Dwanna Foster Grand Canyon University EED-465 April 5, 2013 In the subject of social studies there are several ways and strategies
Textbook Analysis. What is Textbook Analysis? Textbook analysis is the systematic analysis of the text materials including the structure, the focus, and ...
Analysis and Evaluation of English 6th Grade textbook used in Greek public Schools Abstract Although textbooks maintain an important role in the EFL ...
Textbook Analysis. Current l ist of textbooks for undergraduate mathematics courses for future elementary teachers, September, 2009 . Textbooks are an ...
A textbook or coursebook (UK English) ... "Analysis of five high school biology textbooks used in the United States for inclusion of the nature of science."
Lesen Sie e-Study Guide for Analysis, textbook by Steven R Lay Mathematics, Mathematics von Cram101 Textbook Reviews mit Kobo. Never Highlight a Book Again!
LANG 202 – Textbook evaluation activity Choose a beginning or intermediate language textbook for your target language. I recommend that you use the book
1 Methods in School Textbook Research Jason Nicholls, University of Oxford Abstract This paper represents an attempt to provide an overview of methods used in
Lesen Sie An Introduction to Analysis von Cram101 Textbook Reviews mit Kobo.