Published on March 17, 2013
Ten Top Tips Preparing for yourSkating Competition with www.icecoolconfidence.com
1. Train as if you were CompetingIf you treat your lessons and patch sessionsas if you were stepping onto the ice tocompete, when it comes to the day of yourcompetition or test you will feel like it’s justanother practice and you won’t be sonervous. www.icecoolconfidence.com
2. Set Goals for your EventAim to skate your very best, to skate a cleanprogramme or even to land at least X% ofyour jumps. Don’t set goals which are out ofyour control – such as to gain a place on thepodium or to beat another skater. Keepthem SMART* and positive.*Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timed www.icecoolconfidence.com
3. Keep it PositiveBanish negative thoughts from your head. Ifyou think about a jump as if it is the enemy italmost certainly will be! Instead of “I hope Idon’t fall on my (insert name of jump or bodypart here)” tell yourself “I can do this – I’velanded it before”, and believe it! www.icecoolconfidence.com
4. You are your CompetitorRemember you are not competing againstyour fellow skaters. Your competitor is you.Strive only to do your personal best and toimprove on this each time you skate. www.icecoolconfidence.com
5. Choose your ResponseYou can only control yourself and yourresponse to what happens. You cannotchange other people or control externalfactors. You can choose how you willrespond to them. You can decide whether toget upset or to keep calm. www.icecoolconfidence.com
6. Keep your Stress Levels LowChoosing to be stressed or upset by eventsbeyond your control releases chemicals intothe body which affect your balance, musclecontrol, timing and thought patterns. This isnot a recipe for successful skating. Chooseinstead to respond positively and maintainreduced stress levels. www.icecoolconfidence.com
7. Keep Calm and Carry OnGet up and carry on as quickly as you canafter a fall or a mistake. You have a limitedamount of time to impress the judges withwhat you can do so don’t waste it sitting onthe ice after a fall. Practice this in lessonsand patch too, so it becomes second nature. www.icecoolconfidence.com
8. Stay in the MomentDon’t think about the mistake you’ve justmade or the double toe-loop coming up atthe end of your programme. Think onlyabout the move immediately ahead of you.The time for reflection is when you step offthe ice at the end. www.icecoolconfidence.com
9. Stay Focused and Eliminate DistractionsIf you get distracted easily, make a note of allthe things which could distract you and workout ways of eliminating them from yourthoughts one by one. www.icecoolconfidence.com
10. CommunicateLearn to communicate effectively with yourcheerleaders – those closest to you whosupport your skating – your coach(es) andyour parents. They are on your side, but theyaren’t mind readers. If you have aconcern, tell them. A question? Ask it.Politely! www.icecoolconfidence.com
Now go out thereand show them all what you can do with Ice Cool Confidence! www.icecoolconfidence.com
... the figure skating fall season will kick into ... international competitions which could be ... Six of the ten events of the lower ...
Here are competition makeup tips for figure skaters or ... Top 5 Performance Reminders for Skating Competitions. ... but even the top competitors in the ...
More sports & activities A-J > Ice skating > Top 10 ice skating tips for beginners. Top 10 ice skating tips for beginners Tips ... used in figure skating, ...
Ten Basic Figure Skating Steps ... Free Dance during 2014 ISU World Figure Skating ... Skating Training; Ice Skating Competitions ...
... figure skating is usually referred to by a name that translates as "artistic skating." Figure ... for figure skating competitions, ... to ten seconds ...
... spin, turn, and learn other figure skating techniques. About ... Ten Basic Figure Skating Steps Every Ice ... Share Your Own Figure Skating Tips, ...
10 things figure skaters should do before testing or ... Well those were my top ten tips for skaters about ... BECOME PART OF THE FIGURE SKATING ADVICE ...
Figure skating blog by Daniil ... I do think Denis will be competitive and will at least finish in top 6 ... 2016 Categories Competitions Tags denis ten ...
ICE SKATING AUSTRALIA. ... National Administrative Organisation for Figure Skating in Australia ~ Member of ISU. Home. ISA Vision; Calendars 2016 2017 ...