Published on June 14, 2016
1. Looking for a job? Stop applying!
2. Start being FOUND
3. Fly back with me to the labormarket in the year 2003 from an employers perspective Card catalog Vacany Announcement Own website A few digital and a lot of non-digital jobboards Your building/ frontdoor
4. So this is 2016 from a employers perspective
5. And this is how people apply 2003 versus 2016 2003 2016
6. APPLYING IS LIKE A GAME YOU CAN PLAY IT IN 2 WAYS: 1. Old school way: I need something from you 2. New school way: come and get me
7. OLD SCHOOL APPLYING = PASSIVE You put all your energy in: • finding suitable ads; • writing personalized good letters; • making stunning Resumé’s; Maybe you are lucky or you get rejected PHASE 2. You wait until you get notified. PHASE 3. PHASE 1. I NEED SOME- THING FROM YOU Startoveragain
8. NEW SCHOOL APPLYING = ACTIVE PHASE 1. PUTTING ALL YOUR YOUR ENERGY IN BEING FOUND AND USING YOUR NETWORK!
9. HOW DO I GET FOUND?
10. Personal Branding: Active Visability Link and network Associations You and your values Ambassadors Voluntairy Army Being interesting enough Naturel Showing what your proud of Connect
11. After this TEDx-talk you know how the game is played in 2016 and you don’t apply anymore!
Organize a local TEDx event. ... scientists and medical researchers weigh in on health care and better health practices. ... Haley Van Dyck
View Presentation with Audio ... Chris Pissarides (CEP and LSE) Podcast (MP3) ... Professor John Van Reenen interviewed
View Arthur Turksma’s professional profile on LinkedIn. ... teaching presentation techniques ... Daan van Reenen.
View Steph Van Niekerk’s professional profile on LinkedIn. ... TEDx. March 2011. The Topsy Foundation. ... Kenneth van Reenen. Creative Group Head - MACHINE.
Justin Miles isn’t just another explorer with a tale or ... This TEDx presentation explores the human characteristic of ‘nosiness’ and our ...
People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account; ... Civic Capital(ism) in Europe The European Trust Crisis The Evolution of Trust
17/4/16: Human Capital, Management & Value-Added ... John Van Reenen, and Stephanie Wolter decided to attempt to quantify these differences.
A Presentation of Learning by: ... Freedom to Dream brings Joy Beyond the classroom. ... Leilani van Rheenen ...
http://www.centerforbodylanguage.com/free-body-language-course ... Body Language Presentation - FULL ... by Professor John Van Reenen ...