Published on September 10, 2015
1. Technology in the classroom We USE or they LOOSE! Keansburg Elementary School Katie Feiles, M.Ed., BCBA
2. “You cannot teach creativity but you can kill it, through standardization, conformity, and a monolithic view of intelligence” Yong Zhao, Education in the flat world, 2007
3. “The effect of current reforms on student achievement are disappointing, but truly troubling is how NCLB distracts us from teaching what will truly enhance global competitiveness” Yong Zhao, Education in the flat world, 2007.
4. HIGHER scores in Synthesizing viewpoints Jamie DeYoung, Center for applied special technology civil rights curriculum, Technolgy + support=student achievement, 2011. Greater critical thinking skills
5. *Learn MORE in LESS time *Kids like school more MULTIPLE Studies Show: Kulik, C. & Kulik, J., 1994 Effectiveness of Computer-Based Instruction: An Updated Analysis
6. 50% by 2019Nagel. D., 2008. The journal: Transforming education through technology:
7. Way back when…
8. Getting better..
9. Best! Abcmouse.com
10. “More and more students are using multiple devices and using open educational resources to learn. With this increased dependence on mobile devices it is CRITICAL that institutions are ready to meet this demand.” Educase Center For Analysi And Reesearch., Study of Undergraduate Students and Information Technology, 2013
11. Since 2012… http://www.securedgenetworks.com/blog/Update-How-Students-are-Using-Technology-in-the-Classroom-2013 76% of students said technology helps them ACHIEVE!
12. Looking up information is the No.1 way students use smartphones in class 50% of students say e-books are important to their academic success 58% of students own three or more internet-capable devices http://www.securedgenetworks.com/blog/Update-How-Students-are-Using-Technology-in-the-Classroom-2013
13. “One convincing trend has emerged: when implemented appropriately, the integration of technology into instruction has positive effects on student achievement” Technology and Student Achievement-The Indelible Link, 2008
14. Just a FEW of the my favorite teacher tools, CCCS aligned activities, & behavior management resources Abcmouse Glogster Brainpop Readinga-z Gonoodle Razkids Starfall Pinterest Classdojo
15. We must create SAY-ers and DO-ERS!
16. With technology, Look how far we’ve come! Silent, black and white film Singing, dancing, rapping toys I wonder where OUR kids will take us next!
... teachers will find easy ways to use technology in the classroom. ... While these activities don’t actually use technology, they ... When we were kids ...
Encouraging Teacher Technology Use ... technology use, they shouldn't give ... not to use technology in the classroom. We also have ...
The perceived effects of reform-based technology use on students and classroom ... they feel after mastering technology ... technology tools, we are ...
After learning the use of technology in the classroom in ... technologies. TYPES OF TECHNOLOGY ... the way they function. Now days we have ...
... from to where they are going in the future, technology’s importance ... use computers were introduced in ... Evolution of Technology in the Classroom ...
Top Ways to Use Technology in the Classroom. By ... tech is being used in the classroom. We asked over ... say they like to use their laptops for ...
Why Is It Important To Use Technology In The Classroom Students interact with ... because they use them in their daily ... We've all heard ...
... it only makes sense to have mobile technology in the classroom. ... love technology so they are sure to be interested in ... We use online textbooks ...
As we advance further into the 21st century, ... National Math + Science Initiative Blog. ... By learning to use technology in the classroom, ...