Published on June 14, 2016
1. Leveraging the Power of Content Affiliate Marketing #TBEX #OnlyinMN @TBEXevents TBEXcon.com
2. Airline 41% Hotel and Lodging 42% Airline Hotel and Lodging Car Rental Cruise Packaging Rail Other The Travel Market Pie – $341B in US 2015* *PhoCusWright Market Research
3. Travel Site Economics – Online Travel Agency • Flight commissions – 0-10% • Hotel commissions – 15%-25% • Cruise commissions – 10-20% • Tours & activities commissions – 10-25% • 75% of Flight bookings happen on airline sites • 30% of Hotel bookings happen on hotel direct sites
4. San Francisco to New York City 2 people 4 nights Trip Flight - $400 per passenger = $0 - $20 typical commission Hotel - $300 per night = $180 - $300 typical commission Hotel is where the $$$ are at . . . Online Travel Agency Economics - Example
5. Travel Site Economics – Media sites • CPMs, CPCs or CPAs for referrals • Generally Hotel economics are many folds better than flight • Media sites are typically very good at monetizing content since it is their primary business model
6. Consumer Travel Planning Journey Consumers search 10-20 different web sites before they book Blogs and other content sites are part of that journey
7. Affiliate Marketing Overview • How does Affiliate Marketing work • Public vs Private networks
8. Banners and Widgets
9. Affiliate Links Embedded in Content
10. Best Practices
11. Link Strategy – Think Broadly
12. Deep Link vs. Homepage Link
13. • Embedded Link vs. Banner/Widget • Test and learn • Be authentic for your audience • Evergreen content vs. time bound More Best Practices
14. • Public vs. Private networks • Choose at least one public network: • Discover new advertisers relevant to your content • Compare commission and payout structures • Network team provides support and access to advertisers Choosing an Affiliate Partner
15. • Where are your readers in their trip planning phase? • Awareness – Low Intent to book • Inspiration phase • “European Travel Tips” • Consideration – Medium Intent to book • Research phase • “10 beautiful castles in Germany” • Purchase - High Intent to book • Booking phase • “Best hotels near Universal Studios” Awareness Consideration Purchase Audience Intent
16. Low Intent/ Unknown Intent Content: • General travel information Link Types: • Homepage links • Search widget • Help users choose a destination A widget is a good option when you don’t know the reader’s destination Home page link from destination non-specific pages Affiliate Strategy by Audience Intent to Purchase
17. Medium Intent to Purchase Content: • Country lists • Inspirational travel content Link Types: • Search widget • Display ad • Destination-specific pages Add hotel destination links where a user may be interested in an attraction. “Top Hotels” are perfect inspiration! Affiliate Strategy by Audience Intent to Purchase
18. High Intent to Purchase Content: • Hotel reviews and recommendations • Restaurant reviews and destinations Link Types: • Hotel-specific pages • Destination pages Hyperlink all hotel mentions to maximize revenue opportunity Include destination pages, e.g. “Hotels in New York City” so users can find their perfect hotel Affiliate Strategy by Audience Intent to Purchase
19. Practical Takeaways •Site audit – what are your top SEO-ranked pages, top traffic pages? •Ask - What advertiser partner links would fit with these pages? •Keep in Mind when adding links: •Where in the intent cycle is this reader? •Is it relevant? •Is it contextual?
20. Getting Started
21. What links are people clicking? WordPress Plugin WP-CLICK- TRACKER Money on the Table - Clicks
22. Money on the Table - Clicks
23. Turn links into affiliate links WordPress Plugin AffiliateWindow’s convert-a-link plugin Automate Automate Automate
24. Automate Automate Automate
25. What are your top pages? Google Analytics Lost Opportunity - Traffic
26. Lost Opportunity - Traffic
27. Optimizing Content Ideas • SEO Opportunities • Resource Pages Tools Going Forward
28. Google Search Console Optimizing
30. How Can People Be Like You? Resource Pages
31. How Can People Be Like You? Resource Pages
32. How Can People Be Like You? Resource Pages
33. 1. Navigate to the page you wish to link to Deep Link Generator
34. 2. Copy and paste URL into deeplink generator, hit “verify URL” Deep Link Generator
35. 3. Grab resulting HTML and use on your site. Deep Link Generator
36. CJ Deep Link Generator Bookmarklet Tools
37. Q & A Orr Shakked Chris Christensen Sr. Dir, Online Marketing Host TripAdvisor Amateur Traveler #TBEX #OnlyinMN @TBEXevents TBEXcon.com
Maximizing Your Affiliate Strategy Throughout ... buy cycle of travel can impact your affiliate ... can drive affiliate conversions. VIEW ORR’S ...
Orr Shakked runs the global online marketing team at ... Orr is a travel industry ... 2016 Maximizing Your Affiliate Strategy Throughout the Buy ...
... here instead of calling you. I came to your Blogging for an Income ... you buy shares in Fantex ... american revolution essay Do you ...
... you can devise a plan for maximizing your tax ... Holdings affiliate Fieldwood Energy ... pptx north buy diclofenac sodium ...
Why did you come to ? lovegra buy uk Israel has ... come down from the north so if you have a drilling ... of that strategy depends on the ...
Wednesday, May 4, 2016 We Manufacture waist trainer corset , underbust corset, overbust corset, Corset in all ... or use your EventsDiscovery account.
... and may adjustQatar's flamboyant overseas investment strategy in order ... Orr to withdraw the ... of our American economy to begin. You can do ...