Published on May 4, 2014
PROJECT TOPIC: “EMPLOYEES SATISFACTION AND QUALITY OF WORK LIFE” AT TATA STEEL Submitted BY: Mr. Snehil Yadav BBA 3rd Year 1100129063
1. INTRODUCTION 2. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY 4. COMPANY PROFILE 5. VISION AND MISSION 6. SCOPE OF THE STUDY 7. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY 8. DATAANALYSIS & INTERPRETATIONS 9. FINDINGS, SUGGESTIONS 10. CONCLUSION CONTENT
The human resource of an organization constitutes its entire workforce. Human resource management(HRM) is responsible for selecting and inducting competent people, training them, facilitating and motivating them to perform at high levels of efficiency, and providing mechanisms to ensure that they maintain their affiliation with the organization. The objective of this project is to find out how much the employees are satisfied and what is their quality of life. Introduction
How the Tata steel company (TSL) applies the human resource functions in the organization and out the organization. In this project I make the survey on the employees of various departments of Tata steel, joda east. Introduction
The project report is divided in various sections like introduction of the company, topic introduction, survey report and conclusion Human resources are on major factors of production. It is human asset, which convert the various resources in to the production resources. It has immense potentialities and it only human resources, which appreciate with time whereas all other resources undergo the process of depreciation. Success of an organization mainly depends on the quality of manpower and its performance. Introduction
This study program has got the following objectives: To gain an overall idea about the organization. To get practical knowledge in the areas of personnel management and Industrial relations. To study the composition of employer and employee relation existing in the organization. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
To know the facilities provided to the employees as well as the public by the organization The study of the HRD practices training and development performance appraisal schemes adopted by the organization. To study organizational culture and style. OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
TISCO, Tata Iron and Steel Company Limited, also called Tata Steel was envisioned by the great patriot, Jamshedji Nusserwanji Tata, and founded in 1907. At present it produces steel mainly in the form of flats, wire rods and bars. In addition to steel, the company is in the business of diverse products, such as bearings, steel plant capital equipment and spares, cement, tubes, etc. COMPANY PROFILE
Backed by 100 glorious years of experience in steel making ,Tata Steel is the world’s 6th largest steel company with an existing annual crude steel production capacity of 30 Million Tones Per Annum (MTPA). Established in 1907, it is the first integrated steel plant in Asia and is now the world`s second most geographically diversified steel producer and a Fortune 500 Company. COMPANY PROFILE
With the acquisition of Corus in 2007 leading to commencement of Tata Steel's European operations, the Company today, is among the top ten steel producers in the world with an existing annual crude steel production capacity of around 30 million tonnes per annum and employee strength of above 80,000 across five continents. The Group recorded a turnover of Rs.147,329 Crores (US$ 28,962 million) in 2008 - 2009. COMPANY PROFILE
The Tata Group of Companies has business operations (114 companies and subsidiaries) in seven defined sectors – Materials, Engineering, Information Technology and Communications, Energy, Services, Consumer Products and Chemicals. Tata Steel with its acquisition of Corus has secured a place among the top ten steel manufacturers in the world and it is the Tata Group’s flagship Company. Other Group Companies in the different sectors are – Tata Motors, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Tata Communications, Tata Power, Indian Hotels, Tata Tea and Tata Chemicals. COMPANY PROFILE
VISIONS “We aspire to be the global steel industry benchmark for Value Creation and Corporate Citizenship.” We make the difference through: Our people, by fostering team work, nurturing talent, enhancing leadership capability and acting with pace, pride and passion. Our offer, by becoming the supplier of choice, delivering premium products and services, and creating value with our customers. VISION AND MISSION
Our innovative approach, by developing leading edge solutions in technology, processes and products. Our conduct, by providing a safe working place, respecting the environment, caring for our communities and demonstrating high ethical standards VISION AND MISSION
MISSION Consistent with the vision and values of the founder Jamshedji Tata, Tata Steel strives to strengthen India’s industrial base through the effective utilization of staff and materials. The means envisaged to achieve this are high technology and productivity, consistent with modern management practices. Tata Steel recognizes that while honesty and integrity are the essential ingredients of a strong and stable enterprise, profitability provides the main spark for economic activity. Overall, the Company seeks to scale the heights of excellence in all that it does in an atmosphere free from fear, and thereby reaffirms its faith in democratic values. VISION AND MISSION
VALUES Trust Ship Integrity Respect for the individual Credibility Excellence VISION AND MISSION
Gathering information and theoretical knowledge is a part of study. It become complete when added with practical knowledge as the noted truth comes to sight. Hence one becomes more efficient and effective when a flavor of practical out look is added to the bosky mind. SCOPE OF THE STUDY
As the study has got wide relevance is formulating valid information about the organization, it helps in getting a critical look in to the personnel practices of the organization. As there is saying, practice makes a man perfect and the knowledge. This does not deal with the practical application, is said to be unscientific and unsystematic. SCOPE OF THE STUDY
More over the branch of management, which deals with the most critical and important factor of production, requires not only theoretic background but also some practical experience to have some knowledge on day-to-day problem solving. SCOPE OF THE STUDY
To conduct any research a scientific method must be followed. The universe of study is very large in which it is difficult to correct information from all the employees. So, the sampling method has been followed for the study. The analysis is based on primary as well as secondary data. Sample size : 50 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
Data collection Primary data : The data was collected using an appropriate questionnaire and observing employees. Secondary data : Internet, books Method of analysis : Pie charts RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
The project report is prepared by surveying on a good number of employees from various departments of Tata steel, Joda east. Those departments are as follows. Departments V.T.C, Joda Electrical Department And Water Supply Geological Department Hospital DATAANALYSIS & INTERPRETATION
JCO Administration Security Department Civil Department TSRDS (Tata Steel Rural Development Service) DATAANALYSIS & INTERPRETATION
80 20 YES NO 1. Are you satisfied with the accommodation facility, provided by the company ?
70 30 SATISFIED NOT SATISFIED 2. Are you satisfied with the health care facility?
75 25 SECURED NOT SECURED 3. Are you feeling secure about your job?
87 13 SATISFIED NOT SATISFIED 4. Are you satisfied with the educational facilities available at Joda for your children ?
85 15 YES NO 5. Does the company provides you the standard safety appliances?
70 30 YES NO 6. Are you feeling safe at your work place with the safety standards maintained at present ?
70 30 SATISFIED NOT SATISFIED 7. Are you satisfied with your team members at your work place ?
65 35 SATISFIED NO SATISFIED 8. Are you satisfied with the training and development programs which are provided by the company ?
70 30 SATISFIED NOT SATISFIED 9. Are you satisfied with the welfare facilities which are provided to you at the working area ? (eg. Canteen, AC’S ,Etc.)
80 20 SATISFIED NOT SATISFIED 10. Are you satisfied with your salary package?
80 20 YES NO 11. Does the company co-operates and helps you at any emergency time ?
84 16 PERCENTAGE YES NO 12. Do you get recognition for you individual/group performance?
30 70 PERCENTAGE YES NO 13. Are you associated with any social activity ? If yes then, what is that ?
80 20 PERCENTAGE YES NO 14. Are you maintaining your family comfortably with the salary you have ?
23 2 75 PERCENTAGE OWN HOUSE OWN CAR OWN LAPTOP 15. Which one you possess in life style?
70 30 PERCENTAGE SAVING SPEND 16. How much you spent and how much you save in a month?
80 85 90 95 100 105 AGE=20-30 AGE=30-40 AGE=40-50 AGE=50-60 SATISFACTION LEVEL SATISFACTIO N LEVEL 17. Are you happy with the followings? 1. Social climate 2. Political climate 3.Economical climate 4.Industrial climate
Most of the employees are happy with the above factors. The following statistical analysis shows how much the employees are satisfied with the company according to questionnaire survey. TSL, Joda East provides some other facilities to employees and local people. Those are Gym-for local people and separated one for TSL employees. Two community centers where swimming pool, billiards to play and some other facilities are also available. Bus to railway station for employees and their family members. Shabashi bonanza
TPM circle competition in division level, state level, national level (individual performance, group performance). There is a suggestion giving facility also available. In this procedure any employee could give suggestion related to their work. There are three stage of process of that suggestion, reject, on hold, accept. If the suggestion is accepted and implemented, then the suggestion giver will be rewarded from Rs.250-2,50,000. The suggestion could be given by a group of 4 people or by individual. Time to time company provides health awareness to employees. Health care facilities for Joda people, like Life Line Express, etc.
TSL’s management fulfills the needs and wants of the employees, company provides a standard quality of life to all employees. But there are some places where the company should have to make a few rectifications. The repair and maintenance work of the houses which are provided to the TSL, Joda employees. Company should provide a better schooling facility for Joda division . And school bus for school going children. English medium and minimum upto 10th or 12th class , just like, DPS (Delhi Public School), DAV, etc. This is an off the job facility. FINDINGS & SUGGESTIONS
The health care facility could be more standardized. The training and development program is not good at Joda, the company should work more on that and should make it a continues process. Company should provide higher studies facilities for interested employees. TSL could provide more better quality of life at Joda division. Tata steel should provide city living life for employees of joda, which are provided at Jamshedpur, BBSR branch, and others. The working environment is good, but it could be better by renovating the internal infrastructure of the offices of Joda. FINDINGS & SUGGESTIONS
Tata steel limited is one of the best company of India as well as of world. TSL knows for its best TQM and HR policies in the world. The employees are very much satisfied, who are working for TSL. All the employees are motivated and work together to achieve company’s goal. Because of high motivated employees TSL, Joda division increases its production this year from the employees are very lucky, who are working and who will work for TSL. The company should provide all those facilities, which it provides at other offices in India excluding Joda division. Earning of more and more money is not enough for live the life, if an employee wouldn’t able to give time to his/her family, then he/she must be disturbed at the working duration. If the employee gives his/her best effort to the company, then the next responsibility is of the company to provide a better quality of life in return. CONCLUSION
1. Employee are satisfied with the accommodation facility, provided by the company? Ans: This is the first basic need of a human. Accommodation should be situated in a good environment and should be in a good area where one can survive easily. The employees of TSL, Joda are satisfied with the accommodation facility provided by the company 2. Employees are satisfied with the health care facility? Ans: Health care is one of the important factor life. TSL has its own township, so the company provides Hospital for the employees, with a good number of doctors for all diseases. The employees are satisfied for a certain limit, they has a complain also and that is, the health care facility is only for small and normal diseases. 3. Are you satisfied with your team members at your work place? Ans: The team work exaggerates the morale of the employees and they puts heir best effort. The employees of TSL, Joda are very much satisfied with there team members, all the employees are co-operative with each other. QUESTIONNAIRE
4. Which you prefer most in your lifestyle? Ans: On this question the employees has a mixed reaction. Some gives much attention to value, in case of doctors and some higher post employees. Some gives much attention to money. But the number of employees is more, who prefers to both money and value. 5. Are you satisfied with your salary package? Ans: This is the question on which no one will give true answer. Because every person wants more and more money than he/she gets and that’s why everyone mustn't satisfied with their salary packages. But when I ask the employees of TSL about their salary package according to their performance, and performance wise they are satisfied with the salary package. 6. How much you spent and how much you save in a month? Ans: All the employees spent above Rs.5000 and saves according to their capacity starting from Rs1000 to Rs10, 000 QUESTIONNAIRE
7. Do you get recognition for your individual/group performance? [ b ] a) 90% b) 85% c) 50% d) 100% 8. Does the company co-operates and helps you at any emergency time? Ans: TSL co-operates with there employees in an emergency time. TSL provides facilities are like, if one of the employees family member or the employee itself suddenly suffers from a measure disease, company helps them by providing sufficient money. 9. Are you feeling safe at your work place with the safety standards maintained at present ? Ans: In TSL company at every where we could find safety instruction for employees as well as for out side people, and employees always suggests outside people to follow the safety standards. TSL provides positional training, it means, on the job training Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for safety purposes. There is a Toxic Detected Machine, if the machine gives a positive isolation, then employee should be implemented. Last but not the list, safety is a man made function QUESTIONNAIRE
10. Are you satisfied with the training and development programs which are provided by the company ? Ans: There are 20% employees are satisfied and 80% are not. The unsatisfied employees says that, this is not a continuous process at TSL, Joda. Some of them complains that the training and development programs which are provided by the company are not enough for them. 11. Are you satisfied with the welfare facilities which are provided to you at the working area ? (eg. Canteen, AC’S ,Etc.) Ans : The employees of Joda are satisfied with the welfare facilities which are provided to them. Every rooms of the office are AC(air condition) fitted, well furnished rooms with good lighting facility, the cost of the foods in the canteen are very low. 12 .Are you associated with any social activity ? Ans : There are a less number of employees who are associated with any social activity, near about 30% of employees are associated. Some are associated with temple committee, and organizes festivals. QUESTIONNAIRE
13. Which one you possess in life style? Ans: This question reflects the quality of life of the employees of TSL, Joda. Above 90% of employees has their own house, own car, own AC’s, own computer/laptop, and all those necessary items which are needed in today’s life style. 14. Most of the employees are happy with which factors in the company? Ans: Employees are happy with these factors those are Social climate, Political climate ,Economical climate Industrial climate. 15. Do you get recognition for your individual/group performance? Ans: Near about 85% TSL employees of the survey gets recognition for their individual/group performance. The rest employees don’t get any recognition because they are new . QUESTIONNAIRE
L'Arbre à Vent, système éolien innovant en forme d'Arbre dont les feuilles agissen...
Perspectives on German-Norwegian Energy Cooperation Kåre Fostervold, State Secre...
Interconnecting Germany and Norway: Nordlink in the Context of Energy Security, ...
Value Creation by Interconnecting Norwegian Hydro and European Markets in Transiti...
Putting a Price on Security of Supply – Capacity Mechanisms Stefan Göbel, Head o...
A RESEARCH REPORT ON “EMPLOYEES SATISFACTION AND QUALITY OF WORK LIFE” AT TATA Steel Ltd. A report submitted to U.P.Technical University for the ...
a report on. employees satisfaction and quality of work life at tata steel ltd. a project report submitted to punjab technical university in partial ...
Home; Documents; Employees Satisfaction and Quality of Work Life at Tata Steel
project on employees satisfaction and quality of life of tata steel ... get pdf. read paper. project on employees satisfaction and quality of life of ...
... housing with top quality infrastructure at ... life. View Website . Tata ... work for the Tata group. In this video, Tata employees reveal why ...
... It increases employees¶ work morale It develops ... quality of work life ... Employees Satisfaction and Quality of Work Life at Tata Steel.
TATA STEEL CORPORATE SUSTAINABILITY REPORT ... (TATA STEEL) to provide an ... environment quality Employees Quality of life Quality of life in and around the
A Live Study of Employee Satisfaction and ... the level of employee satisfaction at Tata Steel, ii) ... increase their employees’ job satisfaction.