Published on May 7, 2014
• We all know what a tan looks like, we see it every day, its kind of part of our everyday culture. • Tanning is the process by which the colour of body skin changes to brown on exposure to the sunlight. • The sunlight triggers the formation of chemicals called in the skin which give it a colour. • The fact is however that, a tan is occurred when the damage is done to the DNA of the skin cells.
• Sunless tanning (also known as UV-free tanning, self-tanning, spray tanning, or fake tanning) refers to the application of chemicals to the skin to produce an effect similar in appearance to a suntan. The popularity of sunless tanning has risen since the 1960s. • Among today’s bestselling cosmetic are self-tanning lotions. • Many people across globe Wish to have a tanned skin to flaunt but for that they can’t just go around the Caribbean like Captain Jack Sparrow!!! • One simple way to do this is sit back and relax in the hot tropical sun. However it does have many disadvantages too like premature ageing and skin cancer due UV radiation.
• The children received large doses of DHA by mouth, and sometimes spat or spilled the substance onto their skin. Healthcare workers noticed that the skin turned brown after a few hours of DHA exposure.
Louis-Camille Maillard (1878 - 1936) Photographed in his laboratory 1915 1912 – 1916: He published 8 papers on his observations of colour changes on mixing amino acids and sugars. No one else took much interest in the reaction until 1950s
• Occurs between reducing sugars and amines at high temperatures (Non-enzymatic). • Produces flavor in foods. • Produces color. • This is the particular reaction that gives brown colour and aroma to meat and other foods upon cooking. Even, the golden brown colour of the beer is because of it.
1. Condensation 2. Rearrangement 3. Fragmentation 4. Strecker Degradation 5. Polymerization
Initial Step: Glycosylation
Step 2: Amadori Rearrangement
The Amadori Rearrangement
Step 3: Fragmentation • In the pH range 4-7, Amadori products undergo degradation to give 1- and 3-deoxydicarbonyl compounds (deoxyosones).
Formation of Aroma Compounds:
Step 4: Strecker Degradation strong odors
Step 5: Polymerization
Undesirable staining Darkened scaly lesions Peeling
We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows. Robert Frost
How organisms adapt and survive in different environment.
Aplicación de ANOVA de una vía, modelo efectos fijos, en el problema de una empres...
Libros: Dra. Elisa Bertha Velázquez Rodríguez
In this talk we describe how the Fourth Paradigm for Data-Intensive Research is pr...
Katlin F. Shade Airbrush Tanning is amazing! This is the only place I'll go to. My first experience with Shade will definitely NOT be my last!
Every year SHADE contributes its services and donates beauty products to local bay area business and events to promote the advantages of sunless tanning.
Find 258 listings related to Tanning Salons in Maple Shade on YP.com. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Tanning Salons ...
Main Line's sunless only custom spray tanning and teeth whitening salon in Ardmore Pa serving Montgomery County, Delaware County,Philadelphia, and ...
SHADE Sponsors Dell'Osso Family Farm 5K Mud Run. On March 1, 2013, SHADE announced a partnership with Dell'Osso Family Farm … SHADE Sponsors Nigel Who?
Made In The Shade all Natural Day Spa is a holistic approach to wellness located in Vero Beach, Offering Sunless Spray tans, Massage Therapy, Body Wraps ...
Made In The Shade Sunless Tanning, Battle Creek, Michigan. 964 likes · 4 talking about this · 139 were here. Technician applied sunless tans!
Hello, One does not get a tan if he or she in the shade where the sunlight is blocked, for example, by the roof of a house. In order to get a tan, one ...
What is S2 Technology? Shades offers state of the art Wolff System tanning beds. All of our beds are designed with S2 Technology. S2 Technology ensures you ...
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, it is possible to get a sunburn or tan while sitting in the shade. This is because many surfaces, such as ...