Published on January 16, 2016
1. SYNOPTOPHORE BY: Dr. SIMPY RAJ INTERN
2. WHAT IS A SYNOPTOPHORE?? • It is an instrument which compensates for the angle of squint and allows the stimuli to be presented to both eyes simultaneously. • It is an ophthalmic instrument which is used for diagnosing the imbalance of the eye muscle and treating them by orthoptic methods.
3. WHAT IS IT USED FOR?? • It is used to investigate the potential for binocular function in the presence of a manifest squint. • Specifically used in children (from 3 years of age). • Also used to detect suppression and Abnormal retinal correspondance.
4. HOW DOES IT WORK?? • Consists of two cylindrical tubes with a mirrored right angled bend • A +6.50 D lens in each eyepiece which optically sets the testing distance to about 6 metres. • Pictures are inserted in a slide carrier situated at the outer end of each tube. • Two tubes are supported on columns which enable the pictures to be moved in relation to each other. • It can measure horizontal, vertical and torsional misalignments simultaneously.
5. ESTIMATION OF GRADES OF BINOCULAR VISION • Grade 1- (SIMULTANEOUS PERCEPTION) tested by two dissimilar but not mutually antagonistic pictures, such as a bird and a cage • Grade 2- (FUSION) Ability of the two eyes to produce a composite picture from two similar pictures, each of which is incomplete in one small different detail. • Grade 3- (stereopsis) Ability to obtain an impression of depth by the superimposition of two pictures of the same object which have been taken from slightly different angles.
6. DETECTION OF NORMAL/ABNORMAL ARC • Done by determining the subjective and objective angles of squint. • In normal retinal correspondance, these two angles are equal. • In ARC, objective angle is greater than the subjective angle and the difference between the two is called ANGLE OF ANOMALY.
7. THANK YOU!!!
The Synoptophore is the all-in-one instrument for binocular vision performing an accurate assessment in 9 positions of gaze
Roslane meditech offers synoptophore. Synoptophore is an ophthalmic equipment which is used for diagnosing imbalance of eye muscles and its treatmentused
Used BINO SCIENTIFIC SF-04 SYNOPTOPHORE Ophthalmology General Um zu verkaufen - DOTmed Angebotseintrag #2093203: Technische Daten: Year of Manufacture,2015 ...
basic synoptophore functions and surf rock ... This feature is not available right now. Please try again later.
Seen and Heard. What made you want to look up synoptophore? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).
Synoptophore. Bitte fragen Sie bei Interesse an anderen Modellen direkt bei uns an <<< zu den Ersatzbirnen >>> Weitere Unterkategorien:
syn·op·to·phore (sin-op'tō-fōr), A modified form of Wheatstone stereoscope used in orthoptic training. [syn- + G. ōps, eye, + phoros, bearing ...
Synoptophore, Synaptophores, Synoptophore India, Exporter of Synoptophore, Synoptophore Slides, Haidinger Brushes, Synoptophore with Motorized Table
Introduction to Synoptophore . It is a piece of equipment used by orthoptists who specialize in dealing with eye squints and binocular single vision.
Synoptophore, Buy Various High Quality Synoptophore Products from Global Synoptophore Suppliers and Synoptophore Manufacturers at Alibaba.com.