Published on October 23, 2014
1. Sutherland Media Saved UIC Neurosurgery Money & Led a book launch for a top Chicago TV sports personality Sutherland Media built awareness and growth! Recap of past activities Support Group Consulting Support Group Communications Media Initiatives Sports team collaboration Event planning Book Publicity Marketing Social Media Media Relations Social Media
2. Support Group Communications Trib local online ads WGN Radio calendar WTMX Radio Calendar CBS Calendar Yelp Facebook Comcast Cable TV PSA Chicago aneurysm support online ads Chicagnow (Chicago Tribune web site) featured Maria Micheletto and Dr. Hanjani as well as the “Brainstormers”as well as the Chicago Sun Times UIC neurosurgery received a letter of recognition from Congress Reach : 200,000 Value: $60,000
3. Event planning “Survivor In The City” event (5 years) We raised at least $20,000. We reviewed and initiated payment from the BAF. We were able to seek sponsorship from : Marbles The Brain Store, The Goodman Theater, Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Anniko Salon & Spa, Park Lane Jewlery etc… “Relay for Recovery” involving NSICU runners ($6000 donations were raised for patient support etc…) We organized t shirt, food, water donations etc.. Video production for the event value $200 Public Service announcement for the event which aired on Comcast Cable throughout Illinois. Cookbook creation, featuring UIC patients and highlights the department Outcome: Awareness among the Chicago business community and among patients and other hospital patients and their families. Value: $150,000 Reach: 1 million people
4. PR samples By janetes, December 21, 2012 at 10:51 am Gift of Hope On October 23, 2006, 38 year old Maria Micheletto was in her Lockport, IL home when she was struck with the “worst headache of [her] life”. She could barely walk and army crawled to the phone to get help. By the time she arrived at a local hospital, Micheletto was paralyzed from the waist down. She sat in the ER waiting room for three long “excruciating” hours while a series of misdiagnoses occurred. Micheletto was then flown to University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System where neurosurgeon Dr. Amin-Hanjani performed a craniotomy to repair her ruptured brain aneurysm. Micheletto said, “Dr. Hanjani’s staff was fabulous when I was in the hospital. While in the ICU, the nursing care was above great.” University of Illinois neurosurgeons rank first in the state for treating the most aneurysm cases. Micheletto was deeply inspired by the care she received at the University of Illinois Hospital and because of this she re-directed her career and recently became a nurse. Micheletto is a mother of two young children, has a busy nursing schedule at a suburban hospital and still finds time to support brain aneurysm survivors. She was one of the FIRST survivors to join the support group in Chicago and has become an important contributor to the Chicago BAF chapter through fundraisers, phone calls to survivors and through her inspiring story. According to the Brain Aneurysm Foundation “aneurysms represent a very serious illness which is associated with a high rate of mortality and disability.” Micheletto can confirm that having survived a ruptured aneurysm is a very difficult experience to have gone through and can be extremely unsettling. Gathering information about the condition can help ease this fear, help begin the healing process, and bring a sense of comfort and support during a trying time. As a new nurse Micheletto can ease a patients’ anxiety as they recover through any illness by sharing her story. Her nursing skills and recovery will help others heal and strive for a healthy life, she provides daily, a Gift of Hope. For more information about brain aneurysms log onto www.bafound.org or the support group at www.chicagoaneurysmsupport.com orwww.uicneurosurgery.com.
5. (Staff at the UIH NSICU posted this article in their unit. I pitched the story to the local newspaper and coached Maria.)
6. Brainstormers featured in the cookbook distributed nationally Changing the world each day with kindness The ”Brainstormers” University of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System neurosurgery nurses, pharmacists, occupational therapists, physical therapists and speech pathologists, ran a 200 mile relay from Madison, Wisconsin ,to Chicago to raise money for The Brain Aneurysm Foundation. The University of Illinois Hospital treats the most brain aneurysms in the state and is the home of the ONLY Chicago Chapter of the Brain Aneurysm Foundation. As the “Brainstormers” ran across the Midwest to raise funds they were cheered on by survivors from their beds in the ICU and family members who had lost loved ones. They also received support from U of I medical staff. Their impressive drive and commitment to not only care for patients but to raise money for aneurysm research and support has provided hope to Illinois survivors. Dr. Sepideh Amin-Hanjani, University of Illinois at Chicago Professor and Program Director Co-director, Neurovascular Surgery says the runner’s efforts are significant. “I think the runners represent the best of that remarkable quality we see every day in our team of professionals caring for patients with brain aneurysms – a willingness to go above and beyond, to go that extra mile. In this case, literally! Their dedication to successfully completing this fundraising relay provides much needed support to the Brian Aneurysm Foundation in its mission to provide education and research funding, both critical to helping advance the care of brain aneurysm survivors.” The "Brainstormers" reached their $5000 fundraising goal and plan to run again next year. Sold 100 cookbooks the first week they went on sale! Sales came from as far as London, England.
7. Support Group Leadership Janet Sutherland assists with the meetings. Coordinates with the OCC clinic to ensure the room is available and the doors will be unlocked. Sends out weekly meeting reminders. Created a web site with information about the meetings Collaborate with affiliated hospitals, Loyola, Resurrection, Hinsdale. Maintains patient list. Created a brochure/newsletter, magnet. Main Contact with the patients who call etc.. Created a DISCHARGE PACKET for patients when they leave the hospital. This benefits the department in retain and continual communication and support of the patient. The packet also assists NSICU to educate patients before they go home. Value: $65,000 (clinical liaison position salary)
8. Public Relations for the Support Group A radio public service announcement about the support group reaches the Midwest on hundreds radio stations. Produced,voiced and syndicated by Janet Sutherland. Value: $150,000 Reach : 5 million people
9. Sports team collaboration Various sports figures have acted as advocates for the UI patients and support group as well as neurosurgery and BAF by appearing at events. Chicago Bulls Bob Love Chicago White Sox Carlos May Value: $80,000
10. SUTHERLAND MEDIA CAN SAVE YOU MONEY IN 2015! Project Management initiatives: support group promotion event planning Patient education (maintaining the discharge packets, updated brochures etc..paid for by BAF) Assistance in the” FIRST RESPONDERS EDUCATION PROGRAM.” Creation of a research grant which will help support the national responders program as well as support for survivors. UIC neurosurgery newsletter, collaboration with Christa Wellman (printing at Staples). Web content. Update the web site content, search for patient stories, and digital media to include on the web site. Develop, maintain and manage web content. Responsible for the copyedit and proofread all web content.
11. UIC Project Manager Responsible for creating and managing project plans like the first responders initiative, Neurosurgery newsletter, web site content, event planning and other identified activities. Will be responsible for patient education projects like the discharge packet with the NSICU, support group communication and event planning. Neurosurgery web site content management: For example: Creating and writing a blog with the assistance of the staff/faculty. Adding more patient stories. Highlighting groundbreaking procedures. Adding news stories featuring neurosurgery or their patients.
12. Sutherland Media has helped save taxpayer dollars! • UIC neurosurgery saved $550,000 state dollars. Sutherland Media has helped UIC neurosurgery to reach 6.2 million people. • Sutherland Media can : • Serve as a resource for brain aneurysm and stroke patients. Function as a consultant and educator, ensuring quality patient care and outcomes. Coordinate resources within the health care team. Participate in continuous patient education activities and educational experience in support of departmental and divisional philosophy and objectives, as well as, Health System initiatives.
13. Chet Coppock: “Laying It On The Line” book launch Book signings Pr in the media trades Media appearances Marketing collateral created Social Media
14. Chet Coppock: “Laying It On The Line” book launch Book signings set up at 13 locations which included the East Bank Club and suburban sports memorabilia stores.
15. EVENT PLANNING - Planned nearly a dozen book launch events which was aimed at Impacting sales results by developing, supporting and executing field marketing and segment activities. - Executing marketing campaigns and plans. - Works with appropriate clients to support campaigns. Reviews contracts for events and coordinated book payment tools at each site. - Works with various field marketing managers to determine appropriate customized programs and strategies for various market segments. - Provides coordination and project management to ensure event success. - Monitors use of existing sales tools. - Provides input on requirements for additional tools. - Publicizes event to raise awareness and drive attendance and participation by targeted audience. - Advises on new ideas to generate revenue for various clientele.
16. Chet Coppock: “Laying It On The Line” book launch Pr in the media trades Public Relations Management: Responsible for managing the public relations and the content it delivers. Ensures brand message is consistent, timely, and relevant. NTS ONLINE CHICAGOLAND RADIO AND MEDIA (CRM) ROBERT FEDER ALL ACCESS
17. Chet Coppock: “Laying It On The Line” book launch Media appearances WGN Radio, Wendy and Bill WJOL Radio WLS (promo’s written and cut) Steve Cochran WGN Radio
18. Chet Coppock: “Laying It On The Line” book launch Marketing collateral created: Signs, table tops, media promo cards, post cards and business cards. Develop marketing strategy/plan and providing hands-on execution. Manage agreed financial budgets and be accountable for measurement of security marketing outcomes and ROI. Continually develop competitive positioning strategies.Develop and prepare all marketing materials.
19. Chet Coppock: “Laying It On The Line” book launch Social media Management: Facebook, twitter, pinterest, google, web site traffic. Coppock-Hurley.com Implement the books Social Media marketing. Administration includes content strategy, develop brand awareness, generate inbound traffic and cultivate leads and sales. Implemented the book launch’s content strategy, creating relevant content, community participation and leadership. Provided weekly reports which included utilizing the five objectives for Facebook marketing: 1. Growth of Likes 2. Reach 3. Engagement 4. Leads 5. Sales
Brands are more invested today than ever before on curating and distributing paid,...
Marketers need to be creating and publishing original content across many differen...
As content marketing continues to increase in popularity in every industry, more m...
Il Direct Email Marketing (DEM) è una tipologia di marketing diretto che usa la po...
This presentation contains all 120 rules from Part 1 of the 2nd edition of "Email ...
Creating Awareness Through Social Media ... A key benefit of creating awareness via social media is its ... Social Media Campaigns of 2014 (So ...
EY’s attractiveness surveys EY’s attractiveness surveys are widely recognized by our clients, investors, the media and major public stakeholders as a ...
How Yoga Changes the Brain. The ancient practice promotes growth in brain regions for self-awareness. By Stephani Sutherland on March 1, 2014; 9;
... Newsletters and Blogs Head the Content Marketing Pack. Social media leads the ... brand awareness, ... 2013 was the year of Content Marketing. 2014 ...
David Sutherland is an independent filmmaker focused on creating documentary portraits. His films include Country Boys, ... June 28, 2014. “Jack Levine ...
On 1 February 2014, BAE Systems Detica was renamed BAE Systems Applied Intelligence to reflect its ambitions for more global growth ... Sutherland's ...
... 18/03/2014 Final . Summary; Downloads; Explanatory Notes; Related Information; ... (Media Release) Growth in household debt has slowed since the GFC ...
Marketing Resources: Brand Awareness ... How Copywriting Can Build Your Brand AuthorityJamie Thomson. ... social media, crowdfunding, ...
Social media research reveals which social media trends ... 5 Social Media Trends for 2014: ... measurable social media goals such as brand awareness ...
Research and actions to consume less and share more ... training, awareness raising and events organization around degrowth. ... Beyond growth, ...