Published on July 11, 2016
1. Surveon Triple Data Protection Powerful Data Backup Solutions
2. Content 2 Surveon Triple Data Protection Technology Behind Support Products
3. When It Comes to Critical Applications 3 Data Center
4. NVR RAID Backup to iSCSI Storage iSCSI Local/Remote Replication Surveon Triple Data Protection 4 1 2 Level LevelLevel 3
5. Surveillance System Architecture 5 1 2 3Remote Replication
6. 1st Protection Surveon NVR RAID 6 Surveon NVR Surveon Camera Surveon Camera
7. 7 High Data Protection RAID Level Min. HDD Storage Capacity* Data Protection RAID 1 2 ½ N HDD Low RAID 5 3 N-1 HDD Medium RAID 6 4 N-2 HDD High RAID 1+Spare 3 ½ N-1 HDD Medium RAID 5+Spare 4 N-2 HDD High RAID 6+Spare 5 N-3 HDD High RAID Level Comparison Table *N is the HDD installed in Surveon NVR • Built-in RAID 1, 5, 6, 1+Spare, 5+Spare, 6+Spare to provide volume mirror and storage capacity for data integrity and long retention period
8. Intelligent Driver Integrity (IDR) 8 • Data corruption prevention Smart data recovery mechanism: Detect and recover bad blocks • Drive rebuild prevention Failing drive prediction: Copy and Clone data before a disk fails
9. 2nd Protection Backup to iSCSI Storage 9 Surveon Cameras
10. Archiving to Storage • The video recordings can be backed up to USB HDD devices and iSCSI Storage. But it is not allowed to use the ones for recording to backup. 10
11. Easy Setting • Users can set the frequency of backup schedule by day, week or month. 11 Status: 1.Waiting 2.Backup percentages 3.Retrying 4.Failed 5.Complete 6.Stop 45% Waiting Waiting Complete
12. 3rd Protection iSCSI Local/Remote Replication 12 Local Replication Remote Replication
13. iSCSI Storage Backup Functions 13 • Local Replication Snapshot Volume Copy/Mirror • Remote Replication Local Replication Remote Replication
14. 14 Local Replication - Snapshot • Increased availability Restore files and roll back data in seconds • Space-efficient, low-impact data protection Create immediate, differential copies • Simplified management Take advantage of scheduling and capacity control mechanisms • Deployment flexibility Allow flexible configuration of snapshot frequency
15. 15 Snapshot Technology Application Server Scenario 8:56AM : A file is created 9:00AM : A snapshot is taken 9:05AM : The file is accidentally deleted FileA Solution 9:06AM : Restore the file from the snapshot image taken at 9:00AM FileAFileA Source Snapshot
16. 16 Local Replication - Volume Copy/Mirror • Quick recovery from data volume failure Immediately use disk-based full data copies to support applications when the source data volume fails • Flexible data copy deployment Split and re-sync mirroring between source and copy as business needs require • Close integration with applications Ensure close integration with leading operating systems and common applications
17. • Prepare two partitions: one for the source and another for the target Source: Data partition (mapped or unmapped), Snapshot source partition, or Snapshot Image (for volume copy only) Target: Empty & unused partition (equal to or larger than the source) 17 Volume Copy/Mirror Technology Logical Volume 2 Source Target Target Logical Volume 1 Source Target Volume copy / Volume mirror
18. 18 Remote Replication • Minimize unplanned downtime Reduce recovery time after system failures • Flexible data copy deployment Synchronous and asynchronous options • Affordable data protection Achieve enterprise-class protection at affordable price points • Data compression Leverage data compression for asynchronous remote replication for increased efficiency
19. 19 Asynchronous and Synchronous • Asynchronous Suitable for archived data Periodic update: preset schedule setting enabled Minimal backup time is 5 minutes Recommend to use WAN (T1, T3, OC3) or SAN (FC, iSCSI) for asynchronous mirror • Synchronous Suitable for critical data Requires higher network bandwidth (SAN) to ensure system performance quality Ensures low RPO and provides better data integrity Recommend to use SAN (FC, iSCSI) for synchronous mirror
20. Support Products 20 Image Quick Summary Current Product 12 Bay SAS ESDS 1012GS2 iSCSI ESDS 1012G JBOD ext. JB 2012G-1 16 Bay SAS ESDS 1016GS2 iSCSI ESDS 1016G JBOD ext. JB 2016G-1
21. Ask Surveon www.surveon.com email@example.com 21
22. 22 Thank You Surveon, your reliable partner for growth
Solution Surveon Storage RAID ... • NAS/iSCSI storage for large data backup, ... Surveon VMS provides users intuitive and powerful monitoring and ...
... redundant modules and powerful ... such as large data backup and archiving, remote data ... on Surveon solutions, ...
Surveon Advanced Data Solutions Meet the Vast Storage Demands in Mission-Critical Surveillance. Taipei, Taiwan, November 4, 2014. Megapixel recording is an ...
Surveon, the complete megapixel solutions provider, ... The Surveon enterprise VMS 3.0 features the large data backup and archiving functions, ...
and highest reliability to ensure no data ... Surveon Complete Solutions for Megapixel Surveillance Surveon provides end to end megapixel solutions ...
Surveon NVR Solutions Provide Large Data Storage and Enterprise Data Services for Advanced Megapixel Surveillance. Taipei, Taiwan, May 5, 2015 . Higher ...
Surveon, the complete megapixel solutions provider, ... offering enterprise functionalities including large data backup and archiving, ...
Surveon, the complete megapixel solutions provider, today introduces the Surveon Control Center (SCC), a powerful ... To ensure data integrity, Surveon ...
Carbonite's cloud backup ... Powerful yet simple solutions ... Our extensive network of trusted partners confidently promote Carbonite cloud and hybrid ...