Published on May 31, 2016
1. STUDY OF EFFECT OF CIRCULAR HOLE IN PLATE, ON STRESS CONCENTRATION JJ Technical Solutions www.mechieprojects.com
2. AIM • To study the stresses in flat plate with circular hole, for different pressure loads (P=50 MPa to 450 MPa) • To study the effect of increase in pressure on the max. stresses developed. • To study the stress profile across the circular hole, through the plate width. • To tabulate and plot the max. stress generated in the flat plate with circular hole for different pressure loads.
3. SOLVER: ANSYS 14.0 MESH: STRUCTURAL SOLID “PLANE 182”; (QUAD 4 NODE 182) SOLUTION: STEADY STATE STRUCTURAL SOLUTION MATERIAL: Al. ALLOY EX: 69E9 Pa PRXY: 0.3 No. OF ELEMENTS: 244000 BOUNDARY CONDITIONS FOR THE PROBLEM STATEMENT P = 1. 50 MPa 2. 150 MPa 3. 250 MPa 4. 350 MPa 5. 450 MPa ϕ0.04 0.2 0.4 P Fixed Edge of Plate Units: Length: m Pressure: MPa Stress: MPa
4. STRUCTURED MESH ELEMENTS IN THE PLATE – SMOOTH MESHING No. OF ELEMENTS: 244000 (Typ.) MESH: STRUCTURAL SOLID “PLANE 182”; (QUAD 4 NODE 182)
5. PRINCIPAL STRESS PLOT IN THE PLATE FOR σ = 50 MPa σ = 50 MPa
6. PRINCIPAL STRESS PLOT (NEAR THE HOLE)IN THE PLATE FOR σ = 50 MPa
7. 0 0.08 σ = 50 MPa
8. PRINCIPAL STRESS PLOT IN THE PLATE FOR σ = 150 MPa σ = 150 MPa
9. PRINCIPAL STRESS PLOT (NEAR THE HOLE)IN THE PLATE FOR σ = 150 MPa
10. 0 0.08 σ = 150 MPa
11. PRINCIPAL STRESS PLOT IN THE PLATE FOR σ = 250 MPa σ = 250 MPa
12. PRINCIPAL STRESS PLOT (NEAR THE HOLE)IN THE PLATE FOR σ = 250 MPa
13. 0 0.08 σ = 250 MPa
14. PRINCIPAL STRESS PLOT (NEAR THE HOLE)IN THE PLATE FOR σ = 350 MPa
15. 0 0.08 σ = 350 MPa
16. PRINCIPAL STRESS PLOT IN THE PLATE FOR σ = 450 MPa σ = 450 MPa
17. PRINCIPAL STRESS PLOT (NEAR THE HOLE)IN THE PLATE FOR σ = 450 MPa
18. 0 0.08 σ = 450 MPa
19. 0 0.08 VM: Von-Misses 1st Principal: Principal Stress
20. (MPa) Linear Correlation between Pressure and Max. Stress
21. Results and Discussions • The max. stresses generated due to various pressure loads on the flat plate configuration are: • The max. stress generated is a linear function of Pr. Load. • The stress distribution across the width of the plate is plotted • The stress distribution across the width of the plate for different Pr. Loads are plotted and studied. • The stress distribution around the hole is studied. Sl.No. Pressure (MPa) Max. Stress (MPa) 1 50 159 2 150 477 3 250 795 4 350 1113 5 450 1431
22. FOR MORE PROJECTS PRESENTATIONS AND PROJECT REPORTS VISIT WWW.MECHIEPROJECTS.COM
Formulea for the stress and deflection of flat plates. ... Circular Flat Plate with central hole , uniform load over ring, simply supported at outer edge. a/b:
8 Flat Plate Analysis 8.1 ... A flat plate is generally considered to be a thin flat component that is subjected to load ... 8.3.2 Plate stresses ...
Plate Deflection and Stress. ... The plates are flat, ... stress and slope of annular circular plates, ...
STRESS CONCENTRATION FACTORS FOR CENTRAL SINGLE CIRCULAR HOLE IN FINITE-WIDTH PLATE. ... (Nominal tension stress at the edge of plate due to bending)
CHAPTER THREE SYMMETRIC BENDING OF CIRCLE PLATES ... (for plate, it is flat and t is const.) (2) ... Circular plate, ...
Stress concentration in a circular hole in composite plate ... mation of the surface of the specimen due to the applied ... study of the stress ...
Stress Concentration and Its Mitigation Techniques in Flat Plate ... and due to contact stresses. To study the ... Plate with circular hole ...
... Inﬁnite plate with a small circular hole. ... stress concentration due to hole ... Study of the Stress around Elliptical Holes in Flat Plates, ...
Chapter 14: Stress concentrations • Locally high stresses can arise due to ... Analytical solution for circular hole • Circular hole in infinite plate