Published on October 23, 2014
1. A Presentation on Indian Economy Topic: STOCK MARKET By Ganta Kishore Kumar Shailaja Priyanka Pareek
2. Mumbai, Maharashtra is considered the trade and commerce capital of India. The economy of India is the tenth- largest in the world by nominal GDP. The economy of India is the third- largest by purchasing power parity (PPP) Currency Indian rupee (INR) = 100 Paisa Fiscal year 1 April – 31 March Trade organizations WTO, SAFTA, BRICS, G-20 and others
3. Statistics GDP $2.047 trillion (nominal: 10th; 2014) $7.277 trillion (PPP: 3rd; 2014) GDP growth 4.7% (2013) GDP per capita $1,625 (nominal: 130th; 2014) $5,777(PPP: 127th; 2013) GDP by sector Agriculture: 13.7%, Industry: 21.5%, Services: 64.8% (2013)
4. Inflation CPI: 7.8%, WPI: 3.74% (August 2014) Population below poverty line 29.5% (2012, Rangarajan Panel) 22% (2012, Reserve Bank of India), 179.6 million people (2014, World Bank) Gini coefficient 33.9 Labour force 487.3 million (2013 est.) Labour force by occupation Agriculture: 49%, Industry: 20%, Services: 31% (2012) Unemployment 3% Urban, 2% Rural, 10.8 million Total (2013, NSSO method)
5. Average gross salary $1.46 per hour ($3,036.8 yearly in 2010) GNI per capita: $1,570 yearly per person (2013) Average household income: $6,671 yearly (2011) Ease-of-doing- business rank 134th (2014) Main Industries: agriculture, petroleum products, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, software, textiles, steel, transportation equipment, machinery, cement, mining, construction
6. External: Exports $296.8 billion: merchandize exports, $145.6 billion: services exports, $442.4 billion: total (2012) Export Goods: software, petrochemicals, agriculture products, jewelry, engineering goods, pharmaceuticals, textiles, chemicals, transportation parts, ores and other commodities Main export partners: European Union 16.8%(2012) United States 12.8% United Arab Emirates 12.4% China 5.1% Singapore 4.7%
7. Imports $488.6 billion: merchandize imports, $128.1 billion: services imports, $616.7 billion: total (2012) Import goods : crude oil, gold and precious stones, electronics, engineering goods, chemicals, plastics, coal and ores, iron and steel, vegetable oil and other commodities Main import partners : China 11.1% (2012) European Union 11.1% United Arab Emirates 7.7% Saudi Arabia 6.7% Switzerland 5.9% FDI stock Inflows: $151.7 billion, Outflows: $54.6 billion (2009-2013)
8. Public finances Public debt 66.7% of GDP (2013.) Budget deficit 4.8% of GDP (2012–13) Revenues $181.3 billion billion (2013 ) Expenses $281.6 billion billion (2013 ) Foreign reserves $316.39 billion Main data source: CIA World Fact Book (https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/in.html) All values, unless otherwise stated, are in US dollars. RBI Website
9. STOCK MARKET Meaning: A stock market is the aggregation of buyers & sellers of stock (shares) these are Securities listed on a stock exchange as well as those only traded privately.
10. Meaning of shares: A part or portion of larger amount which is divided among a group of people. The owners of the shares are called SHARE HOLDERS Stock Exchange: A stock exchange is a place to trade stocks. Companies wants their stock to be listed on a stock exchange. A large company will usually have its stock listed on many exchanges across the world.
11. Size of Market: Stocks are partitioned in various ways. One common way is by the country where the company is domiciled. At the close of 2012,the size of the world stock market was about 55 Trillion. In terms of country the largest market was the United States. Trade: Trade in stock market means agreeing on a price in which both parties agree to deal for a product, in this case the transaction of shares which represent an ownership Interest in a particular company. Participants in stock market range from small individual stock investors to larger hedge fund trade investors.
12. some exchanges are physical locations where transactions are carried out on a Trading Floor, by method known as OPENOUTCRY Market Participation: It includes individual, retail investors, institutional investors such as mutual funds, banks, insurance companies hedge funds & also publicity traded corporations trading in their own shares.
13. History: In the late of 14th century, Italian companies were the first to issue shares. The Companies in England & the low countries followed issuing the shares in 16th century. The Dutch East India company founded in 1602 was the first stock company to get a fixed capital stock, with trade in Amsterdam Exchange. The BSE(Bombay Stock Exchange)was established in 1875 & it is the first stock exchange in Asia. Now almost in every developed or developing nation we found stock market.
14. NATIONAL STOCK EXCHANGE
15. Index of BSE: Index Current Pt. Change % Change S&P BSE SENSEX 26,271.97 -296.02 -1.11 S&P BSE 100 7902.19 -94.52 -1.18 S&P BSE MID CAP 9425.39 -86.01 -0.90 S&P BSE SMALL CAP 10557.96 -83.86 -0.79 S&P BSE 200 3206.14 -37.09 -1.14
16. Index of NSE
17. Index Current % Change Open High Low Prev. Close Today 52w High 52w Low Broad Market Indices : CNX NIFTY 7,852.40 -1.17 7,897.40 7,943.05 7,842.70 7,945.55 8,180.20 5,933.30 CNX NIFTY JUNIOR 16,694.4 0 -1.39 16,884.7 5 17,008.3 0 16,659.6 0 16,929.6 5 17,674.1 0 11,664.1 0 LIX 15 3,440.05 -1.61 3,476.65 3,514.00 3,434.40 3,496.35 3,727.30 2,286.60 INDIA VIX 14.4625 11.25 13.0000 14.5700 13.0000 13.0000 39.3000 10.3150 CNX 100 7,789.30 -1.20 7,840.50 7,886.95 7,779.55 7,884.25 8,127.05 5,826.30 CNX 500 6,324.85 -1.14 6,369.35 6,404.15 6,318.75 6,398.05 6,603.50 4,596.05 CNX MIDCA P 11,246.9 0 -1.11 11,359.5 0 11,419.6 0 11,233.2 5 11,373.2 5 12,000.6 0 7,237.75 NIFTY MIDCA P 50 3,101.30 -0.86 3,122.45 3,151.55 3,094.50 3,128.10 3,455.20 1,977.40
http://ecommerce-for-business.com/shackles-boats-theboatonlinestore/ We offer a ...
Pretty similar to gold bars are these silver slabs. Silver is considered as the mo...
If you are an investor of gold bars and coins, one of the major things that you ou...
CyberSecurity's social media stats for one week as of Oct 21st 2014
CyberSecurity's social media stats for one week as of Oct 28th 2014
Indian economy has run a trade deficit every year over ... In 2014, India's stock exchange market became the 10th largest in the world by ...
BSE Ltd. (Bombay Stock Exchange) ... LIVE stock/share market updates from Asia's premier stock exchange. Get all the current stock/share market news; ...
List of stock exchanges ... Exchange Economy Headquarters Market cap ... "5 Best Performing Stock Markets In The World In 2014".
... expansion and leveraging plans and plan to plough the market for potential sources of equity funding may approach the Exchange ... NSE Working Papers ...
The New York Stock Exchange. ICE; NYSE; About; Contact; Search Close. No results found; Homepage; Login | Connect; List . Overview. Why NYSE. Market Model ...
India Is Eclipsing China's Economy ... Will Diwali of 2014 usher in a new age of prosperity for the Indian economy? ... An Introduction to the Indian Stock ...
Indian Economy 2013 – 2014 – Forecast ... and from the current stock available with Food ... Domestic fundamentals in the Indian economy to ...
'New high for Indian stock market ... 11 Mar 2014; Indian shares soar ... The Indian economy and the Bombay Stock Exchange is expected to benefit.
Impact of FII on Stock Market ... a great impact on the economy of India. Indian Stock ... FII on Stock Market in India 769 18.3.2014 1254.8 ...
Stock Market India News and analysis on BSE ... up 16.67 per cent from its previous cloe on Bombay Stock Exchange ... Signs of strength in economy are ...