Published on February 19, 2014
YOUR WEEKLY FIX OF ENTREPRENEURIAL IDEAS ! ! !!
YOUR WEEKLY FIX OF ENTREPRENEURIAL IDEAS ! Top 10 business ideas & opportunities for 2014! ! ! ! We’ve selected 15 new business ideas that will provide entrepreneurs with plenty of inspiration. Spotted from ! countries all around the world, these ideas offer a taste of ! what’s to come.! !!
1. AI resurrector lets people Skype their dead relatives Weird Of The Week: This is part of a series of articles that looks at some of the most bizarre and niche business ideas we see here at Springwise.! ! The death of a loved one is an irreparable loss, but tokens of the departed can help grievers to remember what it was like when they were alive and appreciate their existence. While projects such as DNA Memorial enable future generations to learn more about their passed relatives’ genetic makeup, a new startup called Eterni.me is going much further. By trawling traces of their online activity, the company wants to reconstruct people’s personalities with an artiﬁcially intelligent version that friends and family can ‘chat’ to after they’re gone.! Read more about Eterni.me »!
2. 3-storey tricycle is a roving kitchen, restaurant and bar Food trucks have been a common sight in cities since the 19th century, but the rising rates of trafﬁc congestion mean that they’re not very efﬁcient at remaining on the move if the market demands it. In the past we’ve seen Velopresso deliver eco, pedal-powered coffee to the streets of London, and now Vietnamese bar Ta đi Ôtô is aiming to go one better by ﬁtting an entire restaurant — kitchen included — onto a roving mobile structure steered by tricycle.! Read more about Ta đi Ôtô »!
3. Samsung is getting smartphones to cure cancer while owners sleep Considering how useful smartphones are, there’s still plenty of untapped potential. Locket has already gone some way to earn smartphone owners cash by turning their lock screens into ad space, and now a new app called Power Sleep harnesses the computational power of the devices to crunch data at a time when they’re otherwise not in use.! Read more about Power Sleep »!
4. Vending machine salads are organic and made fresh each day Vending machine food isn’t typically known as an example of ﬁne dining, instead serving to provide a quick ﬁx when customers can’t get their hands on some proper food. While we’ve previously seen innovations such as Yves Behar’s Briggo aim to deliver barista-quality coffee from nothing but a robotic kiosk, Farmer’s Fridge is now hoping to do the same for salads — creating healthy, gourmet meals from fresh, high quality ingredients each morning, delivered through vending machines.! Read more about Farmer’s Fridge »!
5. Bitcoin alternative promises to boost global solar energy Digital currencies have become a more promising proposition thanks to the tentative success of Bitcoin, which has even inspired the semi-serious efforts of both dogecoin and Coinye in recent months. Now SolarCoin is hoping to provide another option that is backed by the production of solar energy. ! Read more about SolarCoin »!
6. MakerBot’s kids’ book teaches them about 3D printing We featured Brooklyn-based MakerBot on these pages back in 2010 thanks to its efforts to bring 3D printing to the masses with its initial range of build-your-own desktop machines. Now the project has created LEO the Maker Prince, a children’s storybook that helps them learn about 3D printing and then download ﬁles to bring the characters to life.! Read more about LEO the Maker Prince »!
7. Floating hydroponic unit enables coastal veg farming Rapid growth of the world’s population has made food security much more of a serious issue in recent years, prompting food producers to look beyond the traditional model of land-based agriculture. While urban farming has in the past seen locations such as city rooftops harnessed for growing plants, now SEALEAF is a device that could help coastal cities turn their seafronts into local farms.! Read more about the SEALEAF »!
8. Dating service for busy people helps them ﬁnd low-maintenance relationships When it comes to online dating, sites can become controversial if they facilitate relationships that don’t strike a healthy or socially-accepted balance. In the past, we’ve seen Miss Travel come under ﬁre for enabling women to get men to fund their globetrotting plans in exchange for letting them accompany them. Just in time for Valentine’s day, the UK’s PartTimeLove.co.uk is now connecting potential partners who don’t necessarily have the time to commit to an everyday relationship.! Read more about PartTimeLove.co.uk »!
9. Thanks to ads, Instagrams printed for free Consumers love to have a tangible version of the smartphone photos they take, leading to almost an entirely new industry dedicated to helping them print their Instagrams. Flag is another, but with a twist. The startup lets users print 20 museum quality photos a month for free, thanks to small ads placed on the back of each print.! Read more about Flag »!
10. Greeting cards double as small gift boxes Without a present to go with them, greeting cards can sometimes be a bit disappointing, but sending a gift almost makes the card redundant when a tag can be added instead. For gift-givers who ﬁnd themselves paralyzed by this dilemma, greetabl is a startup aiming to disrupt the industry with its foldable greetings cards that can hold small gifts.! Read more about greetabl »!
11. Smart band for teens lets them game, check tweets and express their personality While existing smartwatches might let anyone push their smartphone notiﬁcations to their wrist, that’s perhaps not enough of a pull to sway the teen market. Offering a plethora of functionality and customization, the NEX band is a modular bracelet designed to let young users send secret messages, unlock game levels and personalize their look.! Read more about the NEX »!
12. Wall-mounted panel enables and organizes guests’ home wiﬁ use This is part of a series of articles that looks at entrepreneurs hoping to get their ideas off the ground through crowdfunding. At the time of writing, each of these innovations is currently seeking funding.! ! Getting a visitor onto the home’s wiﬁ network usually involves reciting long strings of letters and numbers, and even then there often isn’t any way to control their access to shared ﬁles and devices. Currently seeking funding through Kickstarter, Pylon is a wall-mounted panel that simply requires guests to tap their phone to connect to the wiﬁ, with restrictions set by the homeowner.! Read more about Pylon »!
13. App uses daily quizzes to quantify users’ existence There have been a number of wearable sensors and quantiﬁed self apps that help determine users’ ﬁtness progress or emotional health, but fail to log more mundane activities. Aiming to deliver cold, hard facts about users’ everyday habits, Reporter lets users set themselves mini surveys to glean data about the small or big moments in their lives, turning them into pretty infographics.! Read more about Reporter »!
14. Marketing events with secret speakers priced as low as AUD 1 Regardless of the industry, week-long conferences can be expensive and — worst of all — tend to drag on a bit. Forgoing the name tags and endless lectures on similar topics, Australia’s Real Big Things is a series of 2-hour events for digital marketers that charges customers by their ticket number.! ! Read more about Real Big Things »!
15. Venue lets visitors work, play, and climb It’s often said that with a healthy body comes a healthy mind — getting a good amount of exercise can help stimulate the mental processes required for higher productivity rates. Offering a space for both physical and mental activities, Brooklyn Boulders is a rock climbing facility that also provides a collaborative work space.! Read more about Brooklyn Boulders »!
What is Springwise? ! Springwise scans the globe for the most promising, unique and innovative business ventures, ideas and concepts that are ready for regional or international adaptation, expansion, partnering, investments or cooperation.! ! Springwise headquarters is in close contact with more than 17,000 Springspotters in over 150 countries worldwide, who provide us with details of the latest innovations in their countries. These are compiled and assessed by our editorial team, and the best examples are published to provide entrepreneurial inspiration to our readers around the world!! ! Springwise publishes a Daily and a Weekly newsletter, to which you can subscribe for free, they are sent to more than 170,000 people.! ! Established in 2002, Springwise is headquartered in London, United Kingdom.! © 2002-2014 SPRINGWISE FOLLOW SPRINGWISE
Brands are more invested today than ever before on curating and distributing paid,...
Marketers need to be creating and publishing original content across many differen...
As content marketing continues to increase in popularity in every industry, more m...
Il Direct Email Marketing (DEM) è una tipologia di marketing diretto che usa la po...
This presentation contains all 120 rules from Part 1 of the 2nd edition of "Email ...
PSFK – New Ideas; Radikale Innovation; Rhein Main StartUps; Social StartUps; Springwise – business ideas; Starting-Up – Gründer der Woche; StartUp ...
Auf Best-Practice-Business.de finden Sie mittlerweile mehr als 2500 ... New Ideas; Radikale Innovation ... Social StartUps; Springwise – business ideas ...
Experience a better way to cook dinner at home with Plated. ... Create exciting new dinners ... Expand your recipe repertoire with adventurous new dinners ...
Business; Eco; Good; ... Filters Show Footer #1 in Trends Trend Hunter is the world's largest, most popular ... best new ideas to back up ...
ReelDx provides a new and incredibly powerful tool for EMS ... And video is the most powerful form of communication we ... Join Our Free Weekly Newsletter.
PSFK provides Business Intelligence for elite creative professionals ... A PSFK Report On The New Rules of Consumer Engagement ... daily weekly subscribe.
1% for the Planet connects businesses, consumers, and nonprofits, empowering all of us to drive big, positive change.
Sign up up to Springwise Access today to ... region, demographics and business model ... research and learn from the most innovative new business ideas.
... an innovator desperate to grow an idea or an entrepreneur with big business plans. ... 2-hours to weekly slots, ... Geovation participants and the Hub ...
Sell your property with House Network and join over 7,000 ... as well as offering the most competitive ... You'll also receive weekly updates to help you ...