Published on October 15, 2014
1. Sports Promote Mental Well Being By: Chandramouli Singh R. Narayan Tony George Prachi Bhardwaj
2. Sports • Oxford defines sports an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against each other for the sake of competition or entertainment. Definition:
3. Mental Health • Mental well-being is a state in which an individual realizes his or her own potential, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively, and is able to make a contribution to the community. Definition
4. Health WHO’s definition of health states that “Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity” We can infer that mental and social health is equally important as physical health. Sports gives us chance to create a balance.
5. Sports & Mental Well Being Sports does shape your body, tone your muscles and keeps you fit But, another big role it plays is that it keeps your mind healthy. Everyone might like different sport but after playing, you feel happy and relaxed. Sports the key to that satisfaction you get.
6. How does sports promote Mental Well being ? Reducing the stress Sharpening the focus Increasing self confidence Developing sportsman spirit Keeping the depression away Maintaining good mood Improving physical health
7. Reducing the stress Sports surely reduces the mental stress or anxiety It helps in relaxing and provides relief to both body and mind You forget the things which keep worrying
8. Sharpening the focus Sports helps you take good decision It helps you learn things quickly This helps us in daily lives, we can take quick decisions with precision
9. Increasing Self Confidence Sports boosts the self confidence You think better about yourself You can regain lost self esteem This gives you energy to fight the odds
10. Sportsman Spirit Sportsman Spirit comes from sports but is valued in every profession Your decisions are considered true and fair You get true respect
11. Fighting the Depression Many people suffer from depression in today’s but they hardly do anything for it Sports is a good way of handling depression You can easily fight it Another related aspect is anger management for which sports is the best medicine
12. Improving the Mood Sports boosts up your mood You start feeling enthusiastic Even just by watching your favorite sport, your mood drastically improves You forget the anxiety
13. Improving Physical Health A healthy body is the key to healthy mind So, being fit and fine necessarily keeps you in being mentally fit and sound
14. In Media Recently, Satyamev Jayate, a TV show on social awareness telecast a full show based on the theme of Importance of Sports. It also featured personalities which rose from the ashes and became a prominent in the field of sports
15. Thank You
Sport and physical activity has long been used as a tool to improve mental, physical and social well-being. Physical inactivity is a major risk factor ...
Past research has linked physical activity and sports participation with improved mental and social well-being, including reduced risk of depression and ...
50 Enhancing Mental Health ... mental and social well-being and not ... well-designed sport programs that are inclusive, ...
Physical activity and exercise are good for your mental wellbeing, as well as ... Get active for mental ... being physically active and good mental ...
project to define relation between sports and health.
It can help to think about "being well" as something you do, rather than something you are. The more you put in, ... Five steps to mental wellbeing.
A fitness article describing the necessary components for total health fitness and well being
Sports For Mental Well Being vamsee dhara. Subscribe Subscribed Unsubscribe 0 0. ... Sports promotes mental well being (SAP) - Duration: 11:51.
// Exercise Psychology · Mental Health · Well Being Exercise and psychological well ... Sport Psychology sites in ... mental health and well being and ...