Published on January 30, 2016
1. Prepared by: Shazia Minhas 1
2. There are various types of disabilities exist in our society. Some of which are as follows; 1. . Autism- means developmental disability that significantly affecting verbal and nonverbal communication and social interaction. 2. Deaf-Blindness – Natural causes of disabilities which exist with the human birth or subsequent event. 3. Emotional Disturbance - means a condition exhibiting one or more of the following characteristics over a long period of time and to a marked degree that adversely affects a child’s educational performance. 2
3. Continue 4. Intellectual Disabilities - means significantly sub average general intellectual functioning, existing concurrently [at the same time] with deficits in adaptive behavior and manifested during the developmental period, that adversely affects a child’s educational performance. 5. . Other Health Impairment - means having limited strength, vitality, or alertness, including a heightened alertness to environmental stimuli, that results in limited alertness with respect to the educational environment. 3
4. Continue 6. Specific Learning Disabilities - means a disorder in one or more of the basic psychological processes involved in understanding or in using language, spoken or written, that may manifest itself in the imperfect ability to listen, think, speak, read, write, spell, or to do mathematical calculations. 7. Speech or Language Impairment - means a communication disorder such as stuttering, impaired articulation, a language impairment, or a voice impairment that adversely affects a child’s educational performance. 4
5. Continue 8. Visual Impairment - means an impairment in vision that, even with correction, adversely affects a child’s educational performance. The term includes both partial sight and blindness. 5
6. Second topic 6
7. Continue 1. Communication problems - Effective communication means that the person, someone communicates with, totally understands the speaker. Verbal and written messages are conveyed by means of linguistic systems or symbols, or else words, which represent a thought, a concept, an object or an experience. 2. Slow learners - It is accepted that all children or adults learn at different rates. Yet, some persons though slow learners do not have a learning deficiency. Slow-learners fail in their studies, regardless of the level of education, because of their low intellectual abilities. They may have a wide range of abilities and a variety of characteristics depending on their background. 7
8. 3. Learning disabilities- Learning disabilities are problems that affect the brain’s ability to receive, process, analyze, or store information. These problems can make it difficult for a student to learn as quickly as someone who is not affected by learning disabilities. 4. Reading skills – This include following; • Poor reading fluency • Slow reading rate • Lack of self-monitoring reading skills • Poor comprehension and/or retention • Difficulty identifying important ideas in context • Extreme difficulty building ideas and images 8
Disability and disorders defined for special ... schools provide support through special education ... Disabilities Identified in Special Education.
Learn about the 13 categories of special education. ... categories of special education as defined by the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act ...
Special education in the United States ... Classification Once all the ... National Dissemination Center for Children with Disabilities (NICHCY) Special ...
Special Education Terminology and ... and classification categories are sensitively and clearly explained to parents ... Individuals with Disabilities ...
Special education (also known as special needs ... the educational progress of people with disabilities. Some special education classes have been ...
The Office of Special Education Programs ... The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act of 2004 ... Special Education Technical Assistance and ...
FederalSpecial Education Disability ... IDEA(2004) I ndividuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), ... to receive special education and support services.
... EMSC / Special Education / Forms and Notices ... Questions and Answers on Individualized Education Program ... Disability Classification ...
... Individuals with Disabilities Education Act for ... Education . An Advisory Commission on Special ... Special Education Early ...
Effectiveness of Special Education: Is ... the most effective interventions for students with disabilities, whether in special education or general ...