Published on February 17, 2014
Vis Viva Space Quiz
1. Identify X and Y • The X in many folklores is a creature that lives on the Moon. • In Chinese folklore, X is often portrayed as a companion of the Moon goddess Y , constantly pounding the elixir of life for her.
3. Identify US State Senator Jake Garn was an astronaut onboard the STS-51 mission. • How has his name been immortalized informally within NASA and the general space community?
5. Reference to what?
6. Guess X • Spacecraft #11 was the first Mercury operational spacecraft with a centerline window. • Dubbed X 7 , it featured a white, diagonal irregular paint stripe starting at the base of the capsule and extending about two-thirds toward the nose, emulating the X in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
7. What? • One of the significant events of 2006 was the modification of a name to include the number 134340. What are we talking about?
8. Cross section of what?
9. Where would you find this ?
10. What is he up to?
12. Sitter • X Bane • X Plagueis • X Sidious • X Maul • X Tyranus •XY • Gimme X ,Y and what is this list?
13. What unique distinction has this song achieved? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UaSl_pRSYI
14. Identify X • During his university years, X did pioneering work for his country’s space program. His projects were a success without rival, killing more astronauts than both the Russian and American space programs combined. • Part of his research managed to confirm that there's not enough oxygen for a political opponent to survive at altitudes higher than 45,000 feet. • In the same experiment, he confirmed that there is enough gravity at 45,000 feet for a political opponent's body to return to Earth when thrown from an aircraft.
15. The future? • According to the Russian manned spaceflight contractor RKK Energia, X must be able to perform the following tasks: Large spacecraft assembly ● Flight tests and launches ● Creating, servicing and completing inter-orbital tugs ● Providing medical and biological conditions required for the rehabilitation of interplanetary expedition crews after their return to Earth orbit. ●
16. Where you would have come across these recently ? • Chuck Yeager jetting off in the Bell X-1 to break the sound barrier • Alan Shepard becoming the first American to fly in space on board his Mercury capsule. • Neil Armstrong, together with his Apollo 11 crewmates, preparing to board the Saturn V rocket • The Gemini 2 capsule falling back to Earth as audio from the Gemini 6 mission plays. • Footage of the orbiter Atlantis launching and then landing on the final flight of the space shuttle program
17.Identify the character and name the missing person
18. Connect • 1 - The crowning of King Tigrane of Armenia • 2 - The birth of Jesus Christ (the star of Bethlehem is alleged to be ____) • 3 - The Norman conquest (1066 A.D) • 4 - The Siege of Belgrade (by the Ottoman Turks) • 5 - The 1222 expeditions of Genghis Khan • 6 - The Birth and Death of Mark Twain (1835-1910)
19. Who are these people?
20. • The flag of which country includes the representation of the sky at its capital as seen at 8:30 am on 15 November 1889?
MINIMALIST ROUND Each poster represents a movie. Example:
• TEAM 1
• In "In the Year 2889" Jules Verne describes the "phonotelephote“. What is he talking about?
• What are Crab, Eagle, Tarantula, Horsehead and Butterfly all examples of?
• Which was the first space station in orbit?
• Captain Dallas, Warrant Officer Ripley, Science Officer Ash .
• Who was the first space tourist?
• TEAM 2
• What was Soylent Green?
• Who is the only astronaut to have hit a golf ball on the moon?
• In 2001: A Space Odyssey, what song did HAL sing?
• Charlie Bucket, Grandma Josephine, Willy Wonka
Id the ship • Gus Grissom, Ed White, Roger Chaffee
• TEAM 3
• Which was the first man made object in space?
• What was Mr. Spock's father's name?
• StarTrek: The Deep Space 9 station was built by?
• What popular tech gadget’s name was inspired from Arthur C. Clarke's 2001: A Space Odyssey?
• In the series FireFly what was the name of the rebels?
• Team 4
Id the ship • Gus Grissom, Ed White, Roger Chaffee
• Name any one Issac Asimov’s law of robotics.
What are these? Alien: Ash Aliens: Bishop Alien-Resurrection: Call
Id the person • Star Trek: the most important Vulcan spiritual leader was
• What European Space Agency member country recruited its first astronaut by way of a radio commercial?
@SocietyVisViva +Society Vis Viva /SocietyVisViva © NASA
Visit Discovery News to see what's new with Space. Discovery ... Astronomers wanting more accurate measurements of distant black holes have some ... 1 2 3 ...
Search ON THIS DAY by date ... The Soviets open a new phase in space exploration with the launch of the world's ... ^^ back to top: Front Page | Years ...
Green Card Lottery (Diversity Visa) Back to Top. Find Government Services and Information by Topic. A-Z Index of U.S. Government Agencies.
Play 19 SNK games in a browser via the Neo Geo Humble Bundle ... Check back regularly for schedule ... PlayStation Now offers 12 months of game streaming ...
Covering the business and politics of space. x close; News; Opinion; Video; Launch; Business; Missions; Policy & Politics; People; ... Follow SpaceNews ...
Check out the 50 semi-finalist DORITOS® Crash the Super Bowl ads. Watch and share your favorites with #crashthesuperbowl. ...
Bei den MyVideo Top Musik Charts findest du die besten Musikvideos aus allen nur erdenklichen Musikrichtungen: Pop, Rock, Rap, R&B, Elektro, Hip Hop oder ...
Reuters has teamed up with Zillow to give you the power to customize a list of your best places to retire. Learn how to use our interactive tool to help ...