Published on October 23, 2014
1. Sourcing Candidates Using Twi3er and Google+ Presented by Andy Headworth Sirona Consul6ng Sourcecon Webinar 22nd October 2014
2. Problem h@p://eprints.mdx.ac.uk/8183/1/1_exit_wall_full_sk.jpg
3. Use be@er resolu6on Challenge h@p://2.bp.blogspot.com/_6xz3nsl2C40/SwvbGm_SUCI/AAAAAAAABjg/ORVRD0m47zY/s1600/salmon3.jpg
4. 271 million monthly ac=ve users 1 billion total users 540 million ac=ve users 1.6 billion total users 54% of internet users have a Google+ account Who doesn’t have a Twi3er Source: GlobalWebIndex Source: Twi@er account? Solu6on
5. Are you good to go? 1. Make yourself presentable 2. Show and tell 3. Know what you are looking for (#keysyn)
6. Andy Headworth Works at Sirona Consul6ng Ltd A@ended Worthing College Lives in Worthing, West Sussex, UK 1,721 followers|181,090 views What can you search for?
7. Andy Headworth Works at Sirona Consul6ng Ltd A@ended Worthing College Lives in Worthing, West Sussex, UK 1,721 followers|181,090 views What Can You Search For? Where they work University/College Loca6on Communi6es Keywords Skills Job 6tles
8. Before you start, set up your circles à your talent circles/pipeline
9. Before you start, set up your circles à your talent circles/pipeline
10. 1. Searching via Google+ sofware engineer Spo6fy New York
11. 1. Searching via Google+ sofware engineer Spo6fy New York Used to work at Spo6fy
12. 1. Searching via Google+ sofware engineer Spo6fy New York Used to work at Spo6fy
13. 2. Searching via Google site:plus.google.com inurl:about “lives in new york” “sofware engineer” “works at spo6fy”
14. 2. Searching via Google site:plus.google.com inurl:about “lives * new york” “sofware engineer” “works at spo6fy”
15. Then do two things….
16. Then do two things….
17. Then do two things…. Check their About profiles for all their other social networks where you could contact them You might even be lucky and get their email and phone number
18. Plenty of variety…
19. Plenty of variety…
20. Plenty of variety…
21. Then are the Communi6es Open searchable communi6es
22. Then are the Communi6es Open searchable communi6es
23. The Gmail magic starts here… Remember the Circle I created
24. The Gmail magic starts here… Remember the Circle I created Go to the home page and click on the ‘share’ box.
25. The Gmail magic starts here… Remember the Circle I created Go to the home page and click on the ‘share’ box. An email straight into their email inbox, for FREE.
26. Alumni & Company employees
27. Alumni & Company employees
28. Alumni & Company employees
29. ‘Big data’ Twi@er style 1. 6,000 tweets are tweeted per second. 2. 350,000 tweets sent per minute 3. 500 million tweets per day 4. 200 billion tweets per year 5. 271 million monthly ac6ve users
30. ‘Big data’ Twi@er style 1. 6,000 tweets are tweeted per second. 2. 350,000 tweets sent per minute 3. 500 million tweets per day 4. 200 billion tweets per year 5. 271 million monthly ac6ve users Q: How do you search that much Twi@er data? A: Not easily! Use different tools, methods and be persistent.
31. 140 / 160 Character homework
32. 1. Keywords 2. Job 6tles 3. Synonyms 4. Abbrevia6ons 5. Anachronisms 6. Geek words 7. Product names 8. Tools used 9. Language used
33. I always start with Followerwonk
34. The 140 character challenge #KeySyn
35. Searching is challenging some6mes Use the pipes |
36. Twi@er for Tweets, lists & #’s
37. Twi@er for Tweets, lists & #’s
38. List power
39. List power
40. List power -‐ ac6ons
41. List power -‐ ac6ons
42. Take it to Hootsuite
43. Take it to Hootsuite
44. Take it to Hootsuite
45. Hootsuite Boolean One stream I use is (“andy headworth” OR “sirona consul6ng” OR sironaconsul6ng) that monitors my name and company name rather than just the @andyheadworth on the men6ons.
48. #’s Add them to a private list watch – monitor -‐ engage
49. Always be ‘list hun6ng’
50. Exact search à “ “ e.g. “soMware developer” Alternate search à OR e.g. ios OR android Inclusive search àAND e.g. ios AND android Remove from search à minus e.g. android -‐lollipop Tweets to person à to:username (no @) Tweets from person à from:username (no @) Tweets in a loca=on à near:loca=on More specific à near:loca=on within:5mi Search between 2 datesà since:2014-‐10-‐01 un=l: 2014-‐10-‐20 Tweets with links à filter:links Find image content à source:tumblr source:instagram source:flickr Advanced Search Tips Top | All
51. Now you have found them, what next? (You have got a good bio and you have shared content and engaged with people on Twi;er recently, haven’t you?)
52. Now you have found them, what next? (You have got a good bio and you have shared content and engaged with people on Twi;er recently, haven’t you?) 1. Follow them 2. RT or @reply (more than once) 3. Add to one of your Lists 4. Be social, engage 5. DM’s – don’t be a dork! 6. Carry on sharing great relevant content 7. Mul6ple networks (without stalking) 8. Build before you need 9. Humility and transparency beats arrogance 10. Offline rela6onship Geyng No6ced Engage Transi6on Rela6onship Note: Even if you have an ‘urgent’ requirement, steps 1-‐3 do no harm before you reach out to them
53. Less ‘Where’s Wally’ And More People Sourcing
54. May 2015 www.sironaconsulting.com 01903 206249 | 07788 726019 email@example.com! ! sironaconsulting.com/blog/! ! linkedin.com/in/andyheadworth! ! twitter.com/andyheadworth! ! facebook.com/sironaconsulting! ! plus.google.com/+andyheadworth
HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY HIRE INNOVATORS, PURPLE SQUIRRELS, GAME CHANGERS AND PIONEERS...
A talk I gave at The Perl Workshop 2014 , The talk is aimed to help technical cand...
Créer l'esprit d'équipe
Il processo di candidatura ed assunzione, in genere, è la prima esperienza del can...
Su quali mercati i trend occupazionali viaggiano in tandem con l’economia e dove, ...
Sourcing Candidates Using Twitter and Google+ from Sirona Consulting Ltd. A quick note to all my regular readers of my blog. You will have noticed that I ...
How to Source Candidates on Twitter with Google ... Glen has served as the thought leader for sourcing ... I tried using google to search twitter for ...
How to Search Twitter for Sourcing and ... to identify potential candidates. Using Twitter for ... to Google and enter this: site:twitter.com ...
Candidate Sourcing Tips ... Find a specific job title for candidates using Twitter, and use Google's location tool to pinpoint ... Sourcing Candidates ;
Candidate sourcing activity usually ends ... Websites specifically used for candidate sourcing include LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, ... Google, and large ...
How to Find People to Recruit on Twitter with Google & Bing . ... I prefer to search for bio data using Google and ... Sourcing & Recruiting Candidate ...
Top Presentations about Sourcing Of Candidates 6 Slideshare ... Twitter, Google ... 17,564 Members. Sourcing Daily. 3,641 Members. Direct Sourcing Using ...
Basic Sourcing Techniques You Can Use ... Boolean Sourcing for Google. ... Twitter is also a great tool for sourcing candidates Use their search engine ...
Everything You Need to Know to Source Candidates on ... Using Google to X ... there are many advantages of using Google+ in your sourcing and recruiting ...