Published on October 15, 2014
1. © Twain 刘秋艳2014. All rights reserved.. Men and women think differently University of Pennsylvania research in neural pathways. male female logical, hierarchical, systematic (forward back propagation) analytic, intuitive, creative (integrates both sides)
2. © Twain 刘秋艳2014. All rights reserved.. Male biases affect system designs Hierarchical Deals with Natural Language as Mathematics & Probability This may be why we’ve been been unable to solve Natural Language problems. This may be why AI is less intelligent than it should be. It needs female Front back logic processing code for innovation.
3. © Twain 刘秋艳2014. All rights reserved.. 50% of world are women The systems (technological & economic) built so far only reflect 50% of our intelligence only relate to 50% of consumer thinking Limit us all to being logical, probabilistic, binary. Hey, we’re more magical than just math! Let’s stand on the shoulders of giants & invent smarter systems.
4. © Twain 刘秋艳2014. All rights reserved.. Da Vinci genius (I) “All our knowledge has its origins in our Perceptions.” The Vitruvian Man
5. © Twain 刘秋艳2014. All rights reserved.. Da Vinci genius (II) Let’s see what he meant by Perceptions. Female perspective Male perspective
6. © Twain 刘秋艳2014. All rights reserved.. Da Vinci genius (III) Here’s how men see us: we’re logic boxes. Men assume we all think like men: • Quantifying • Logical • Probabilistic • Hierarchical • Numbers-driven Prices $, £, € No. of likes +1 # tweets # keywords People Product Place Process Promotions Proof % 5*****
7. © Twain 刘秋艳2014. All rights reserved.. Da Vinci genius (IV) But Noam Chomsky spots a fact. “Why do cells split into spheres and not cubes? It's not random mutation and natural selection; it's a law of physics.” So… We’re not logic boxes!
8. © Twain 刘秋艳2014. All rights reserved.. Da Vinci genius (V) Here’s how women see us: round pegs. Women understand the world by: • Qualifying, e.g. Natural Language comprehension • Emotions • Memory • Relative context • Values-driven
9. © Twain 刘秋艳2014. All rights reserved.. Da Vinci genius (VI) Let’s see how men & women fit with Philosophy. PLATO “All learning has an emotional base.” DESCARTES Logical rationale involves separation of mind and body and emotion.
10. © Twain 刘秋艳2014. All rights reserved.. Da Vinci genius (VII) Let’s connect it to system designs. The female codes for intelligence are M.I.A. The male codes for intelligence have been built up biases IFTTT structures most systems are autistic
11. © Twain 刘秋艳2014. All rights reserved.. Why female intelligence means a lot Shopping, communication and everything we do are… EMOTIONAL experiences and memories! So why are supposedly “Intelligent” systems unable to understand our language and emotions?
12. © Twain 刘秋艳2014. All rights reserved.. eCommerce case (I) Why female intelligence counts Women account for $20+ trillion in consumer and business spending globally. Over the next decade, they will control two thirds of consumer wealth. Women make or influence 85% of all purchasing decisions, and purchase over 50% of traditional male products, including automobiles, home improvement products and consumer electronics. Yet 91% of women say advertisers don’t understand them. Ad systems weren’t built to include female minds from the start.
13. © Twain 刘秋艳2014. All rights reserved.. Da Vinci genius (VIII) Let’s see men & women at a Quantum level. Women think in relative terms RELATIVITY Einstein: “God does not play dice (Probability) with the Universe.” Men think in deterministic terms. DETERMINISM Probability Newtonian Mechanics
14. © Twain 刘秋艳2014. All rights reserved.. Da Vinci genius (IX) Let’s see men & women in Kahneman’s economic model. SYSTEM 1 fast intuitive emotional (dynamic Vitruvian Man) SYSTEM 2 slow logical probabilistic (static Vitruvian Man)
15. © Twain 刘秋艳2014. All rights reserved.. Da Vinci genius (X) Here’s what happens when male developers try to make a System 1. Men build a bigger logic box. Collect more data. Do more Probability correlations (Pattern Recognition). Call it “Big Data”. Miss out on all the curves in language & emotional expressions…
16. © Twain 刘秋艳2014. All rights reserved.. The Da Vinci challenge Let’s focus on how women will craft System 1. PERCEPTIONS Natural language Emotions Values & culture context This is female domain expertise.
17. © Twain 刘秋艳2014. All rights reserved.. Imagine if Ada Lovelace hacked Da Vinci Ada would create a scale that’s different from old ones. Old scales New scale PERCEPTION PH® Probability 0% 20% 40% 60% 80% 100% [Part of Twain’s patent-pending system for measuring perceptions.]
18. © Twain 刘秋艳2014. All rights reserved.. Imagine if Ada Lovelace hacked Turing Ada would create a different Natural Language structure: <subject | subjunctive_predicate_verb ∥ PerceptionpH_keyword:=descriptive ∥ object object_philia:= perceptual intensity or ∥ Perception pH | object> To fit with W3C semantic and sentiment structures: And it would cohere with Quantum Information theories. • Consciousness is a state of matter like solids, liquids and gases. • “Perceptronium” as the most general substance that can feel subjective self-awareness (Mark Tegmark, MIT). [Part of Twain’s patent-pending system for measuring perceptions.]
19. © Twain 刘秋艳2014. All rights reserved.. Imagine if Ada Lovelace hacked Kahneman & Taleb System 1 thinking = fast, intuitive, emotional “Our brains aren’t built for Probability” Black Swan All the value factors in Kahneman’s System 1 WHITE SWANS All the quant data that male economists and developers have focused on SYSTEM 2. Black Swan unmeasured qualitative outliers Black Swan All the value factors women understand Black Swan All the value factors in Kahneman’s System 1
20. © Twain 刘秋艳2014. All rights reserved.. Ada + Da Vinci = Art + Science Why make systems for the Whole of Who We Are? INTEGRATED INFORMATION INTELLIGENCE COHERENCY SMARTER SYSTEMS TO SERVE US & THE GLOBAL ECONOMY
Presentación que realice en el Evento Nacional de Gobierno Abierto, realizado los ...
In this presentation we will describe our experience developing with a highly dyna...
Presentation to the LITA Forum 7th November 2014 Albuquerque, NM
Un recorrido por los cambios que nos generará el wearabletech en el futuro
Um paralelo entre as novidades & mercado em Wearable Computing e Tecnologias Assis...
Assessment of collaborative problem solving in education environments. Cities & Regions; Global ... More; Trending; Campaigns & Elections; U.S. Economy; U ...
... problem solving, ... Indeed, technology-driven innovation represents a shift not ... Fellow at the Hult Global Center for Disruptive Innovation in ...
Collective Awareness Platforms for Sustainability and Social Innovation ... collaborative approaches to problem solving. ... intelligence, including not ...
A Few Really Tough 21st Century Challenges. ... cognitive capabilities and problem solving intelligence that not long ago ... global economy, ...
President Obama recognizes that technology is an essential ... range of potential problem solvers to take ... in a global economy, ...
diversity & inclusion. ... In a global economy characterized by increasing talent scarcity, ... technology; diversity & inclusion;
Collective problem solving that ... The distinguished group of peers at The Conference Board always provides ... Corporate Intelligence; Global ...
Smart Cities and the Future Internet: Innovation ecosystems of ... the problem-solving ... a global management consulting and technology ...
PROGRAM GUIDE October 2015 ... Innovation and Global Leadership, was created in 1931 under ... and problem solving
This report assesses likely changes to the global economy, ... Collaborative problem-solving ... Foresight 2020 Economic, industry and corporate trends ...