Published on June 10, 2016
1. SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF NOW
2. Problem (n) : a situation, person, or thing that needs attention and needs to be dealt with or solved.
3. THINK ABOUT YOUR USERS
4. LISTEN TO UNDERSTAND.
5. WHAT IS. WHAT COULD BE.
6. IF I HAD AN HOUR TO SOLVE A PROBLEM AND MY LIFE DEPENDED ON IT, I WOULD USE THE FIRST 55 MINUTES DETERMINING THE PROPER QUESTION TO ASK FOR ONCE I KNOW THE PROPER QUESTION, I COULD SOLVE THE PROBLEM IN LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES. –ALBERT EINSTEIN
7. I FOUND THAT I COULD NO LONGER USE THEIR SOFTWARE. SO I STARTED TO DEVELOP MY OWN UTILITY TO SUIT MY NEEDS. –TERRY REESE
8. IT CAME DOWN TO REALIZING THAT THE THINGS WE MEASURED FOR LIBRARY STATS WERE MOSTLY USELESS. I TRIED TO IMAGINE WHAT WOULD BE USEFUL STATS TO HAVE AND DEMYSTIFYING THE BUILDING USAGE SEEMED LIKE AN OBVIOUS THING TO TRY AND DO. – JASON GRIFFEY
9. STORY TIME
10. THE DESIGN OF GOOD ACOUSTICS IN LIBRARIES IS NOT TO LOWER NOISE LEVELS BUT RATHER TO ENABLE SPACES TO BETTER SERVE THE PURPOSES USERS NEED.
11. THE INTERNET OF THINGS CAN QUICKLY BECOME AN INTERNET OF BROKEN THINGS.
12. BLUETOOTH PREGNANCY TEST
13. SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF NOW
14. LIBRARIES ARE CHANGING. SO ARE OUR NEEDS.
15. ILS AS MICRO SERVICES, NOT AN ALL IN ONE SOLUTION.
16. WE MIGHT AS WELL BE TRYING TO SEND A TEXT MESSAGE WITH A ROTARY PHONE… MARC AS LINKED DATA?
17. STORY TIME
18. 6 OUT OF THE 9 VENDORS RESPONDED THEY ARE STORING PASSWORDS IN PLAINTEXT.
19. ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS WE CAN’T ALWAYS ASK.
20. SOLVING THE PROBLEM OF NOW
21. BUILD SYSTEMS THAT DO ONE THING AND DO IT WELL. BUILD SYSTEMS TO WORK TOGETHER. BUILD SYSTEMS TO HANDLE DATA FORMATS THAT ARE PART OF THE UNIVERSAL INTERFACE. A take on The Unix Philosophy according to Doug McIlroy
22. MODULARITY Eric Raymond’s 17 Unix Rules COMPOSITION LEAST SURPRISE DIVERSITY EXTENSIBILITY SIMPLICITY PARSIMONY REPAIR
23. LISTEN TO UNDERSTAND.
24. THINK ABOUT YOUR USERS
25. SOLVING THE PROBLEM OF NOW
Not long ago, all of the major innovations came from big research labs in the West. And Silicon Valley not only built the core technologies but ...
How to Solve a Problem. ... There are many ways to solve problems, ... We know now that the trouble likely lies somewhere along the electrical path, ...
HOW TO SOLVE DAILY LIFE PROBLEMS Everyone has problems in their life. For the most part, ... done”, this might solve your problem right now, ...
The purpose of answering the questions in this step is to explain why your organization should attempt to solve the problem. ... Problem Statement. Now it ...
Demonstrates how to solve 'age' problems, ... "Age" Word Problems ... plugging that answer back into the original problem. If Heather is 24 now, ...
... we fail to solve the core of each problem we are dealt; ... Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own. Follow Glenn Llopis on ...
I enjoy reading and currently do a lot of reading of other people’s blogs. One such person is James Clear. His article this week speaks about living in ...
How to solve the housing problem ... The fight against counterfeit Chinese goods is becoming more complicated as some of the fake goods are now of ...
problem, गोत्र संघर्ष, Englisch USA, Hindi, Translation, human translation, automatic translation.