Published on November 5, 2014
1. Software Advice BuyerView: Point-of-Sale Software Report Insight into today’s software buyer
2. Abstract Every year, Software Advice is contacted by thousands of organizations looking for the right point-of-sale (POS) software—which gives us unparalleled insight into the needs of today’s software buyers. We recently analyzed a random selection of these interactions from 2013 to 2014 to uncover retailers’ most common pain points and their reasons for purchasing new software. • Most of our buyers (42 percent) wanted to replace their existing POS or other retail software. • Software replacement was most driven by buyers’ needs for more robust functionality (37 percent). • Inventory management was the most requested application (80 percent), followed by reporting and analytics (60 percent).
3. Many Buyers Replacing Existing POS Software POS software Nothing Manual methods Cash register Accounting software Custom-built system Non-retail software 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% Percent of sample Thirty-seven percent of buyers in our sample were currently using POS software to manage data, while 22 percent relied on manual methods (e.g., spreadsheets).
4. Current POS Users Seek Advanced Functionality More advanced functionality Modernize Current unreliable Current not user-friendly Improve integration Current has poor support Current too expensive Business growth Need e-commerce Speed processes 0% 10% 20% 30% 40% Percent of sample Forty-two percent of buyers were replacing existing retail software; of those, 37 percent said a need for advanced functionality was their main reason for purchase.
5. Inventory, Reporting Most-Requested Applications Inventory management Reporting & analytics CRM Barcoding/scanning tools Employee time-tracking Accounting integration E-commerce integration Loyalty program Order/purchasing management Multiple payment types 0% 20% 40% 60% 80% Percent of sample Inventory management and reporting and analytics were the top-requested applications—listed by 80 percent and 60 percent of buyers, respectively.
6. Preference for Web-based Software Declines Slightly From 2010 to 2013, retailers’ preferences for Web-based products increased rapidly—from 3 to 47 percent. This year, there was a decrease, to 33 percent.
7. Majority of Buyers Represent Single-Store Retailers Our sample was largely comprised of retailers evaluating software for use in a single-store retail operation (77 percent).
8. Most Buyers Purchasing Software for Specialty Shops The majority represented specialty shops: apparel & fashion (20 percent); liquor store (9 percent); sporting goods (5 percent); all other specialties (41 percent).
9. Learn More About Retail Software Read the full report Get free price quotes on top retail software Get unbiased reviews & free demos on top retail software Read Report Get Free Quotes Get Free Demos
Find out our 2014 collection ... for more information, please contact me on cedric...
Immocoach recommends STRANOS for HOME COLLECTION and LUXURY LINEN. A french brand ...
Ponencia realizada para Ziving, retailer especializado en tratamientos dentales pa...
Stocking and tights make the perfect gift. Luxury hosiery brings out the best i...
Every year, Software Advice is contacted by thousands of organizations looking for the right point of sale (POS) software—which gives us unparalleled ...
At Software Advice, we speak to prospective buyers from thousands of companies each year who are shopping for new restaurant point-of-sale (POS) software.
Software Advice BuyerView: Point-of-Sale Software Report Insight into today’s software buyer
Software Advice BuyerView: Restaurant POS Report Insight into today’s software buyer
1.Software Advice BuyerView: Restaurant POS Report Insight into today’s software buyer . 2. From 2010 to 2014, we talked to thousands of restaurants ...
Small Business Point of sale survey ... Software Advice(tm) ... For a complete report go to ...
Revel SystemsThe iPad Point of Sale. ... 2014 Restaurant POS Software Buyer Report ... Software Advice recently published its 2014 BuyerView Report, ...
1.Retail Software BuyerView Report Insight into today’s software buyer . 2. Every year, Software Advice talks with thousands of retailers looking for the ...