Published on March 3, 2014
Coverage of Licensure Examination for Teachers: Social Science 25% or more or less 37 items in the test out of 150
Social Science – 25% 1. Philippine Government, New Constitution with Human Rights – 3% 2. Philippine History – 4% 3. Basic Economics, Taxation, Agrarian Reform – 3% 4. Society, Culture withy Family Planning – 2% 5. Rizal and Other Heroes – 2% 6. Philosophy of Man – 2% 7. Arts – 2% 8. General Psychology – 2% 9. Information and Communication Technology – 5%
1. Philippine Government, New Constitution with Human Rights – 3% • Demonstrate understanding of the various forms of government from the barangay to the present system – 1% • Explain the nature and provisions of the present Constitution, its advantages and disadvantages to others in the past and its function as fundamental law of the state – 2%
2. Philippine History – 4% • Trace the history of the Philippines from precolonial to contemporary periods – 2% • Draw the implications of the historical evolution of the Philippines to its present socio-political condition – 2%
3. Basic Economics, Taxation, Agrarian Reform – 3% • Manifest understanding of the Philippine economic condition with respect to taxation and land reform as well as to the growth of its Gross National Product – 2% • Apply the fundamental economic principles to the current economic condition of the Philippines – 1%
4. Society, Culture with Family Planning – 2% • Apply basic concepts, theories and perspectives which relate to society, culture and family planning in life – 1% • Recognize cultural elements that are distinctly Filipino – 1%
5. Rizal and Other Heroes – 2% • Analyze how Rizal’s life and works have contributed to the country’s development – 1% • Evaluate the contribution of other Philippine heroes and heroines to the development of the country – 1%
6. Philosophy of Man – 2% • Analyze the nature of the Filipino, the Filipino society and emerging Filipino philosophy – 1% • Manifest a critical and analytical attitude toward specific issues and problems in daily life – 1%
7. Arts – 2% • Demonstrate understanding of the totality of human experience by formulating a human perspective that integrates all areas of knowledge – 1% • Manifest appreciation of art as a result of an integrative and holistic view of life – 1%
8. General Psychology – 2% • Apply the basic concepts and theories of human behavior – 2%
9. Information and Communication Technology – 5% • Manifest mastery of fundamental concepts, principles and operations of information and communication technology (ICT) – 3% • Identify varied and appropriate use of technology – 1% • Analyze the effect/impact of ICT on the environment – 1%
Some of the Questions in Social Science that Appeared in the September 29, 2013 LET
1. Who was considered as the architect of Egyptian pyramids A. Thutmose II B. Kaleb C. Imhotep D. Karnak
2. Which band played the “Lupang Hinirang” on June 12, 1898? A. Kawit, Cavite Band B. San Francisco de Malabon Band C. Imus Band D. Cavite Marching Band
3. Which Spanish Governor General had the program on Tabaco Monopoly in 1782? A. Jose Basco B. Narciso Claveria C. Gaspar dela Torre D. Eulogio Despujol
4. Who advocated the process of Filipinization in the Philippines during the American colonial period? A. William Howard Taft B. Francis Burton Harrison C. Frank Murphy D. Dwight Davis
5. It is considered to be the place where the first civilization flourished A. Africa B. Europe C. Middle East D. Latin America
6. Social Studies is a component of which subject in high school? A. English B. Science C. Filipino D. MAKABAYAN
7. What was the pseudonym of Andres Bonifacio? A. Laong Laan B. Agapito Bagumbayan C. Dimasalang D. Plaridel
8. It is considered to be the most famous social networking site A. Google B. Yahoo C. Facebook D. Multiply
9. SONA stands for A. State of the Nation Address B. State of the National Assembly C. Speech of Noynoy Aquino D. Status of the Nation Address
10. Who ordered the use of Spanish surnames among Filipinos during the Spanish Period? A. Jose Basco B. Narciso Claveria C. Gaspar dela Torre D. Eulogio Despujol
11. This hurricane caused a huge devastation in New Orleans in the United States of America. Which hurricane was this? A. Sandy B. Irene C. Katrina D. Rita
12. What does the Writ of Habeas Data signify? Answer: Access to information
13. What is the term for a Spanishborn Spaniard or mainland Spaniard who resided in the New World or the Spanish colonies like the Philippines? Answer: Peninsulares
14. What is the name of the first labor federation in the country? Answer: Union Obrero Democratica, with Isabelo de los Reyes as president
15. Where did Apolinario dela Cruz or Hermano Pule establish the Cofradia de San José (Confraternity of St. Joseph)? Answer: Tayabas, now Quezon Province, where dela Cruz was born
16. The first leader of the secularization movement was Answer: Pedro Peláez But, if the question is “Who was the mestizo priest who led the secularization movement in the Philippines?” The Answer would be Father Jose Burgos, especially if the choices do not include Father Pedro Peláez
17. It is the term used when two houses of Congress are fused in one body or chamber. Answer: Unicameralism
Share Social science coverage and let questions. Embed ...
** Building Bridges Across Social science ... Licensure Examination for Teachers (LET) Coverage . ... Frequently Asked Questions about the Licensure ...
LET Reviewer Social Studies. ... Let Review Cnu With Answers. LET Reviewer. Mock LET Question. ... 2009 Energy IQ (Questions Only)
Upcoming 2015 2016 › Social Science Coverage For Let Exam 2016 EXAM COVERAGE: Licensure Exam for Teachers (LET Jul 1, 2016 Generally, the coverage for ...
CLEP Social Science Exam Practice Questions: ... Prepare with our CLEP Social Science Exam Study Guide and Practice Questions. Print or eBook.
The following sample questions do not appear on an actual CLEP examination. ... CLEP® Social Sciences and History Examination Guide
Upcoming 2015 2016 › Prc Coverage For Let Exam ... Social science coverage and let questions ... Social Science 25% or more or less 37 items in the test ...