Published on March 6, 2014
SOCIAL MEDIA: Making Your Business The Hub PK Vaish Managing Director Livelink New Media
ABOUT ME • MD of a leading digital marketing agency based in Manchester • Specialise in relationship marketing using digital channels • Expertise: Digital strategy, digital marketing, web design & development and user experience. • Twitter: @VaishPK
HOW IS SOCIAL MEDIA RELEVANT to you? ?
• Social media can help to give your café a personality • Coffee shops are natural places to meet and socialise • People like to talk about things they are enjoying! • It can help you to foster a sense of belonging • Differentiate yourself from your competition • Help you create conversations • Create lasting loyalty Social media influences purchasing decisions in 78% of customers (Market Force)
FRIENDSHIP IS ABOUT CREATING a shared history • Some of the key qualities of a good friend: • Fun • Unique • Interesting • Trustworthy • Supportive • Attentive
OVERVIEW • Set your targets • Social media types • Pick your channels • Engage your customers • Offer promotions • Use advertising
MEASURE • Step 1: Start off by defining KPI’s • Step 2: Measure current position and look back 6 months • Step 4: Set targets • Step 3: Check out the competition Facebook Analytics offers some great statistics and customisable charts to measure how you’re performing – its free and accessible to all page owners
SOCIAL MEDIA EXPLAINED WITH COFFEE
CHANNEL 1 1. CHOOSE 1 OR 2 CHANNELS and focus on them • You are time pressured - so don’t try and do everything • Pick 1 or 2 channels and focus on doing them well • Spend some time making the pages visually appealing CHANNEL 2 • Ensure the pages have accurate information (e.g. opening times), promotions, specialities • Make sure you get into a routine of posting regularly • Get your staff on board too!
2. ENGAGE YOUR CUSTOMERS
• Focus on a pull strategy • Don’t sell - Make your products compelling to buy! • Ask questions, listen, and respond • Have a sense of humour • Be local – be relevant • Take advantage of current events • Involve customers in your decision making • Photographs and videos result in much higher engagement rates • The more engaging your posts are, the more exposure they will get
• Attractive, seasonal cover photo showcasing products • 425 likes, 42 shares, over 20 comments! • Engaging with customers – informing they can purchase the products on their website
• Facebook post • Highlights attendance at a local event • Photograph of staff getting involved • Received 32 likes
3. OFFER PROMOTIONS • Reward and retain loyal customers • Attract new customers – e.g. Facebook offers • Grow your community • E.g. ‘Check in’ on Facebook to receive 15% off • Facebook apps can be created to obtain customer details and offer rewards • Twitter competitions – ‘retweet this to be entered into prize draw’ • Photo competitions – e.g. post photos of you enjoying your coffee using the hashtag #ilovePKsCoffee to win!
• App encourages engagement by asking customers to get involved • Prize is on offer to encourage people to join in • Fans must ‘like’ page to enter • Opportunity to obtain customer contact details
• Recipe app created to encourage repeat visits to Facebook page • Allowed customers to build their own weekly meal planner using recipes • Customers rewarded for their participation with money off coupon for products • Customers also able to submit their own recipes for the chance to win a bigger prize
4. USE ADVERTISING • It’s increasingly important to take advantage of paid advertising to get the most out of social media platforms • It helps you to grow your audience • This allows you to segment and select who you want your message to be shown to • It can be used to reinforce your message with your existing audience
4. USE ADVERTISING • It can also be used to reach new audiences, for example, different age groups, locations etc. • You’re usually charged by how many times a user sees/clicks on your ad • You can set a daily budget for the amount you wish to spend.
• Sponsored story based on friend’s recent activity • Friend updates status and ‘checks in’ to venue • Ad created related to status update and is shown to that persons friends
Any questions? @VaishPK @livelinkuk livelinknewmedia.com
Brands are more invested today than ever before on curating and distributing paid,...
Marketers need to be creating and publishing original content across many differen...
As content marketing continues to increase in popularity in every industry, more m...
Il Direct Email Marketing (DEM) è una tipologia di marketing diretto che usa la po...
This presentation contains all 120 rules from Part 1 of the 2nd edition of "Email ...
Below I tell you about three tools you can use to create a social media hub for your business. #1: ... but how can your business benefit from it?
Making Your Small Business Website the Hub of Your Social Media Effort About the Presenter ... acts as the hub of your social media effort.
social media for your business. Get access to THOUSANDS of engaging content ideas to ... “I love Likeable Hub! Your daily post idea emails ...
7 Tips for Making Your Blog a Content ... blog as your content hub are: Blogs are owned media. Your blog ... Small Business Social Media ...
Social Media | HubSpot’s ... As the hub of your business presence on a ... But it isn’t enough to just post content to social whenever you feel like it.
Welcome to Business Growth Hub, ... with your Audience on Social Media ... to understand how the Business Growth Hub can support your business, ...
You’ll be joining the 130,000 Smart Insights ... If you want a visual social media hub ... which allows brands to start making beautiful social hubs ...
The Postano Platform allows you to easily launch a social media hub with curated ... Postano social embeds are ... impact your social hub is making.
Social Media Hubs Easy and Complete Social Media Solutions. ... Social Media Hubs ... Social Media Hubs™ is Social Media Made Easy. We help your brand ...