Published on March 10, 2016
1. 1Amy Neumann, Digital Director :: March 10, 2016 Social Media for Business 2016
3. 3 • Why social media? • Who’s using it? • What works best for each platform? • What makes good content? • Quick Brainstorming • Common questions • Overcoming common challenges • Making sure the right audience gets your messages • Q & A Agenda
4. 4 Join the conversation Social media is word-of-mouth marketing in the digital age. Social media activity reveals what customers want, need and expect from businesses. Connecting with customers to improve your social presence is important: • It can help build your brand • It can improve your reputation through regular engagement with a network of current and potential customers.
5. 5 "The goal is not to be good at social media. The goal is to be good at business because of social media.” – Jay Baer
9. 9 Add VALUE to your client’s day by being useful, helpful, and relevant. The Key to Social Media:
10. 10 To Help with Planning: Who do you want to reach? What do you want them to know? What do you want them to do?
11. 11 It’s Not “Free…” But it IS worth it.
13. 13 Talk AboutWhat PeopleWantTo See or Read (NotWhatYouWantToTalk About)
14. 14 Where to Get Ideas Borrow inspiration from people already doing a good job – ask your friend Google for suggestions like: • Best blogs on x topic • Case studies best content on x topic • Case studies best social media for x industry • Industry leaders for x topic (or industry) Who’s popular for that topic or industry on Twitter? Pinterest? Facebook? LinkedIn? What do they talk about? What content gets the most interaction (retweets, likes, etc.)?
15. 15 Evergreen Lists Quotes Community HowTo’s/ Hacks Topical/Trendy News Entertaining/Inspiring Educational About Us/Promotional/Testimonials Contests Questions Polls Content Types:
16. 16 Reaching the Right People • Paid social media advertising is not optional, if you want to reach the right people • Paid social media ad spend expected to exceed $30B in 2016 • See resources list for ad help http://www.emarketer.com/Article/Social-Network-Ad-Spending-Hit-2368-Billion-Worldwide-2015/1012357
17. 17 Common Barriers • Time • Knowledge/expertise gaps • Fear of negative comments
18. 18 Overcoming Barriers • Leverage Scheduling Tools • (i.e. Hootsuite) • Utilize DIY resources, or consider full or partial outsourcing • List of resources: http://www.slideshare.net/amyneumann/social- media-for-business-resources-2016 • Embrace the conversation and feedback for learning and growing Embrace the Conversation
20. 20 Resources http://www.slideshare.net/amyneumann/social -media-for-business-resources-2016
21. 21 Thank you. Amy Neumann, Digital Director
22. 22 Advance Ohio is part of the Advance Local Group A local leader with national strength National sales and digital strategy arm of Advance Local, and manager of Advance’s sophisticated, unified data management platform, which guides the creation of highly targeted and flexible advertising solutions across the enterprise. A leading media and marketing company attracting more than 48 million consumers across its stable of award-winning news and information brands in markets throughout the U.S. Advance Local is part of Advance Publications, along with Condé Nast and American City Business Journals. http://advance-ohio.com
Social media networks are fantastic resources for businesses of all sizes looking to promote their brands online. The platforms themselves are free to use ...
Top Social Media Trends to Watch for 2016 Adam ... Factor in the above flourishing trends when you create your own business’s social media marketing ...
2016’s Biggest Social Media Trends for Business Ryan Holmes Influencer
Social Media Marketing Workbook: How to Use Social Media for Business ... offers. Social Media Marketing Workbook 2016 Learn how to market ...
Get the best of Social Media Today delivered to your inbox daily. Sign up for the free Social Media Today email newsletter
Learn how your business can use social media to generate leads, stay closer to your customers, and promote your business
Social Business Collaboration 2016 is the forum for international digital communications, ... Collaboration, Community & Social Media; Mobility, ...
At this point in your career, you might be feeling as if you’ve read everything you could possibly ever read about using social media for your business.
[Photo by Bethany Clarke/Getty Images] Another social media business trend that will be highly noticeable in 2016 is workplace social media. Facebook at ...