Published on October 17, 2014
1. Social Media 101.People Need People
2. Social Media 101 2 Valentina Trikounaki Communication & Web Content Specialist Al. Soutsou 19, 10671, Athens W www.socialeyes.gr E email@example.com T 6949599546 …an introduction
3. 3 …contents 1 Why use Social Media for my business? 2 Why pay for Social Media services? 3 What should you know about it? 4 What can you do to help?
4. 1 Why use Social Media for my business?
7. March 2014 Social Media Marketing for the Tourism Industry 7
8. March 2014 8 …the landscape has changed
9. Social Media Marketing for the Tourism Industry 9
10. March 2014 10 …the Word of Mouth importance •Word of Mouth was the first form of marketing. •Word of mouth has ALWAYS been the most effective way of getting new business. •People have always trusted their friends opinions.
11. March 2014 11
12. March 2014 12
13. March 2014 Social Media Marketing for the Tourism Industry 13
14. Social Media Marketing for the Tourism Industry 14 People are talking about your brand right now.
15. 15 Some people will love you
16. 16 Some people won’t like you
17. 17 But they are talking about you.
18. 18 We have reached a point where: 90% of people trust recommendations from their friends. 70% of people trust consumer opinions posted online. (Source: Nielsen Global Trust In Advertising Survey)
19. 19 80% of consumers change their mind after reading a single bad review. (Source: Cone Communications) One negative review can cost you 30 customers. (Source: Convergys) 7 in 10 who read reviews share them with friends, family & colleagues thus amplifying their impact (Source: Deloitte & Touche)
20. 20 Don’t you want to join the conversation?
21. 2 Why pay for Social Media services?
22. 22 Perception 1
23. 23 “...well, I am already using Facebook for my personal profile so why should I pay for someone to do it for my Business”?
24. 24 Response 1 …on the basic end of the spectrum Can you keep up with an industry moving at the speed of light?
25. Social Media Marketing for the Tourism Industry 25 What is a hashtag?
26. 26 Perception 2 “Social media skills and expertise are merely common sense that every marketing professional/ department already has”.
27. 27 Responce 2 …on the advanced end Get the most out of your Social Media.
29. 3 What should you know about it?
31. Social Media Marketing for the Tourism Industry 31
32. Social Media Marketing for the Tourism Industry 32
33. 33 -Simply Start and Start Simply -Set Clear Objectives -Develop a Tactical Plan -Select the Right Tools -Measure your Results -Talk to the social media coordinator daily/ weekly -Think of your website as the center of your universe
34. 34 …typology 3 types of businesses based on awareness & practices -Customer Control -Image Control -Customer Engagement
35. 35 Effective use of social media combines excellent customer service, expertise and quality, dependable and engaging content, and sheer delight. Social-media presence must also reflect a company’s advertising, marketing and public-relations efforts.
36. 4 What can you do to help?
37. 37 You, my friend, are a brand.
38. 38 Start thinking of yourself as a brand.
39. 39 Keyword Authenticity
40. 40 Every tweet you send, every status update you make, every picture you share, contributes to your personal brand.
41. 41 Keyword Reinvent
42. 42 Need Help? Download Dorie’s Reinvention Self-Assessment
43. Checklist 1.Design your snippet: Google+ 43
44. Social Media Marketing for the Tourism Industry 44 2. Make your resume search- friendly: LinkedIn
45. Social Media Marketing for the Tourism Industry 45 3. It’s all about you, baby: your profile on your site
46. 46 4.Twitter
47. 47 5.Facebook
48. Social Media Marketing for the Tourism Industry 48 6.Vimeo &YouTube
49. Social Media Marketing for the Tourism Industry 49 7.Tumblr
50. 50 8.Quora
51. 51 9.About me
52. 52 10.Delicious
53. 53 11.Flickr
54. 54 12.Slideshare
56. 56 Thank you
Small deck used during Use Case roundtable at JiveWorld 2014. On each on the 14 ta...
This 30 minute presentation was given at the 2014 Rochester Young Professionals En...
New to Social Media? ... What is social media? "Social media" is a way for people to communicate and ... and the need for social media in business will ...
... to their social network. Many social media sites ... needs of the social media ... social media by young people has caused ...
The Social Media 101 Series is supported ... GSMI's Social Media Strategies Series are the leading educational events for organizations looking ...
University Communications and Public Affairs. ... Social Media 101. ... of information through the social graph, the digital mapping of people's real ...
I’m happy to report that Social Media 101 ... blog who might need to get what we’re doing here in social ... people who are NOT social media ...
Here's what you need to know to get started on today's popular social networks ... Social Networking 101: ... SOCIAL NETWORKS 101.
I’ve recently started noticing an unnerving trend on my social media accounts: articles and videos about white people being the victims of racism.
Internet Safety 101: Cyberbullying Statistics. ... Cyberbullying Statistics. 95% of social media-using teens who ... 84% have seen the people defend ...
Learn how to make social media marketing work for your business in this comprehensive guide to social media marketing and advertising.