Published on July 22, 2014
© 2014 Brandwatch | www.brandwatch.com 2 Sean Smith Head of Account Management Brandwatch • Heads up the Account Management team at Brandwatch, a social media monitoring company • Ten years delivering media insight solutions • Worked with L’Oreal, Unilever and Mintel James Finch Customer and Digital Insight Manager Argos • Works for Argos, the UK’s leading digital retailer • Manages the company’s social analytics project to identify and share real time, actionable customer insight • Three years working within the B2B sector in a number of Digital Marketing and CRM roles.
Brandwatch /Company Overview 3 137% YOY Rapidly Growing Revenue Twitter Certified Product 1000+ Clients in 15 Markets 94% Customer Satisfaction International Presence 230 Employees 60 Product Developers 7 PhD Staff Members World Class Development & Services Team Collecting data in 27 Languages © 2014 Brandwatch.com
Brandwatch /Social Analytics Platform © 2014 Brandwatch | www.brandwatch.com 4 • Crawl 70M+ sites including key social networks • 27 languages • Powerful search operators • 20Bn + indexed URLs • Years of historical data • Automated topic & sentiment analysis in all 27 languages • Automate common tasks including alerts • Advanced analytics modules • Automatic categorisation with rules • Custom dashboards • Reporting & alerts • Action insight via integrations Crawl Store & Index Analyze Engage (users) Present
Brandwatch /Getting insights from social data © 2014 Brandwatch | www.brandwatch.com 5 Measure the impact of campaign activity
Brandwatch /Getting insights from social data 6© 2014 Brandwatch | www.brandwatch.com Isolate the most important & relevant authors
Brandwatch /Getting insights from social data 7© 2014 Brandwatch | www.brandwatch.com Uncover actionable insights about consumers
James Finch Understanding perceptions towards our Digital Stores
• High street retailer in UK and Republic of Ireland • Formed in 1973 from the Green Shield Stamps initiative • £3.9bn sales in 2013 • 96% of people in the UK live within 10 miles of a store • 730+ stores • The UK’s second most visited retail website • 19,900 lines in our Spring / Summer catalogue 2013 Who are we?
• Naturally, we cover the basics: - Share of Voice against competitors - Sentiment - Understanding our author base • Pre / Post campaign analysis • Understanding the customer journey • Competitor reporting • PR management • Product launches How we use social analytics
Our Transformation plan
• The first of our eight Digital Stores opened in December 2013 • Five stores in London with other locations in Colchester, Dunfermline and Manchester The launch of our Digital Stores
The launch of our Digital Stores
• At a topline level, our customers have embraced the new format • Men have shown higher levels of positivity towards the change • The impact of the Digitally savvy Londoner • Our customers love the personal touch • The pencils, paper slips and catalogues are missed by some • Ongoing source of customer research (and it costs nothing!) What social analytics has told us about the stores
Our customers give us their views
• Further rollout of our Digital Store format • ‘An Argos within a Homebase’ • Expansion of our eBay Click and Collect initiative • Rollout of our Hub and Spoke distribution model • Extension our product range …and we will be using social analytics to track each of these every step of the way Looking ahead
© 2014 Brandwatch | www.brandwatch.com 17 Q&A
Contact 18 Email email@example.com Web brandwatch.com Twitter @brandwatch Telephone UK: +44 (0)1273 234 290 US: +1 212 229 2240 Germany: +49 (0)711 912 441 59 Fax UK: +44 (0)1273 234 291 Document Limitation The information given in this document has been checked for accuracy and completeness however Brandwatch shall not be liable for any errors or omissions. Brandwatch is a trading name of Runtime Collective Limited. Registered in England & Wales: 3898053 4th Floor, International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE, United Kingdom © 2013 Brandwatch | www.brandwatch.com
Small deck used during Use Case roundtable at JiveWorld 2014. On each on the 14 ta...
This 30 minute presentation was given at the 2014 Rochester Young Professionals En...
How Argos are Leading the High Street Revolution Using Social Insights
chain (2014, Social supply chain and the future high street
Other People's Money the Revolution in High Street Banking. Article Options and Tools. View: HTML; ... Does social media have a place in workplace learning?
Digital revolution for UK High Streets. ... forces to make UK high streets some of the ... take full advantage of the digital revolution to ...
Find Insight DIY on. ... Argos calls for digitally driven high street revolution. Argos calls for digital high street “revolution” as it backs Great ...
CB Insights is a venture capital database and ... Business Social Graph; ... "According to research firm CB Insights, the Wall Street bank has participated ...
Join eToro's social trading investment network revolution! ... carries a high degree of risk. eToro offers ... insights and help other ...