Published on March 7, 2016
1. Snap. Presented by Brett Atwood How Mobile Media is Transforming Storytelling in the Classroom Snip. Send.
2. My Background
3. Product Launches & Campaigns
4. Millennials in the Classroom • Most of my students are millennials – but also “Gen Z” • Here’s what I’ve observed: • Messaging and social apps preferred over email • Internet use is “near constant” • Mobile preferred over desktop • Phones rarely used for voice calls • Voicemail? Never! • Multi-taskers & Multi-screeners
5. Here Comes “Generation Z” • Connected from Birth • Ephemeral > Public Square • Creation > Curation • Images/Video > Text • TL;DR = 8 Seconds or Death SOURCE: SproutSocial (http://sproutsocial.com/insights/gen-z-vs-gen-y/)
6. Mobile Storytelling Platforms
7. My Worst Fear as a Journalism Teacher
8. Challenges from the Classroom • Quality – “Damn, Daniel” be damned! • Eliminate bias – go beyond the selfie! • Privacy issues – “no teacher/parent” zone needed • Credibility – who can you trust? • Limited editing abilities – in-app editing is minimal • Lack of archives - everything is ephemeral
9. Best Practices for Mobile Storytelling • Ideal number of Snapchat posts per story is 15-20 • Vary photos and videos • Always start with an intro to orient the viewer • Add context with use of location-based tags/filters and large text • Many viewers aren’t using audio – so add text and captions when someone is interviewed
10. Mobile in the Classroom • Many university communication programs are experimenting with mobile media in the classroom
11. • Partnered with NBC News for Snapchat and Instagram coverage of the Republican primaries in South Carolina
12. • “Journalism for Mobile and Emerging Platforms” • JEDI Desk
13. • Partnering with Austin-Statesman for Snapchat Stories
14. • Social media takeover! • Future of Flight Foundation for the final flight of Boeing 727
15. • Coming Soon: • MN8
16. The Next Wave: Mobile VR & 360 Video
17. Final Thoughts: Advice from Gen Z • The number of followers you get by graduation for your stories might soon be as important as experience.
Snap. Snip. Send.: How Mobile Media is Transforming Storytelling in the Classroom. ... The INMA Mobile Strategies Conference will attract top mobile and ...
Life's more fun when you live in the moment! :) Download Snapchat for iOS and Android, and start Snapping with friends today.
Welcome to the Microsoft Garage, ... Send directions to your friends, ... Celebrity news snippets from the web and social media.
Get the OneNote app for free on your tablet, ... Send emails to email@example.com and we'll put them into your notebook. Set up email. Snap photos.
Study Finds 77% of College Students Use Snapchat Daily. 2 ... identified social media users in college ... said they send a selfie at ...
Snapchat has announced a ... transforming the photo sharing app ... Mashable is redefining storytelling by documenting and shaping ...
Import mobile media. ... or iOS phone to send photos and videos from your mobile device straight to the Snagit ... Snagit in the Classroom;
Professor Severus Snape (9 ... his own classroom, Snape did not hesitate from ... Battle of Hogwarts were told by Harry of Snape's true loyalties. Media.
Top free Top paid ... Top free Mobile App Music Pandora Free. 4.2 stars out of 5 ... Omni Media Converter