Published on October 13, 2014
1. OpenStack Overview JU L Y ’ 2014 Sharad Aggarwal|FUTURE READY
2. Agenda o Virtualization o IAAS o Openstack – 5 min Overview o Structure & Components o Demo o Getting Started
3. How does Virtualization Work ? Decouples Software from Hardware Enterprise App Operating System Operating System Virtualization
4. How does Virtualization Work ?
5. IAAS •Software as a Service (SaaS) •Hardware as a Service (HaaS) •Telepresence •Surveillance •Email management & administration •Storage backup •Disaster Recovery Services •Security •Printer management •Professional Services •Remote Monitoring Automation •Digital Signage
6. Cloud Controller Web Interface Storage Web Interface Hypervisor API Server Storage Hyperviso r Storage Controller Object Storage Storage Authentication Server Block Storage Hypervisor IAAS – The Big Picture
7. Openstack - Overview Producing open source cloud computing platform for public and private clouds. Global collaboration of developers and cloud computing technologists. simple to implement, massively scalable, and feature rich Interrelated projects Aims Consists
8. Openstack – Who is behind it ? 8 Platinum Members 24 Gold Members Corporate Sponsors Supporting Organisations ~17K Ind Members 140 countries 850 Organisations Founded by Rackspace Hosting and NASA
9. Openstack – Why it matters ? Encourages Anybody can run it, build on it, submit changes Freely available under the Apache 2.0 license open development model, Removes the fear of proprietary Fosters Compatibility lock-in Control And Flexibility, Industry Standard, Proven Software, Compatible And Connected Python API, Hypervisor Agnostic
10. Openstack – Who uses it ?
11. Openstack Distributions Rackspace Alamo Piston Cloud StackOps CloudScaling Red Hat OpenStack Nebula rPath Canonical SUSE SwiftStack
12. swift Glance nova horizon keystone quantum cinder Storage Interface Repository of Virtual Disk Images Provide virtual servers on demand Provides Web Based Interface provides authentication and authorization for all the Open Stack services. provides "network connectivity as a service" between interface devices provides persistent block storage to guest VMs. Components Of Openstack
13. What is Horizon ? Horizon is a web-based interface to OpenStack. The OpenStack dashboard provides administrators and users a graphical interface to access, provision and automate cloud-based resources. The extensible design makes it easy to plug in and expose third party products and services, such as billing, monitoring and additional management tools
14. OpenStack Projects : Communication Types
15. What is Keystone ? Keystone is an authentication framework for OpenStack. It provides the ability to add users to groups (also known as tenants) and to manage permissions between users and groups. Permissions include the ability to launch and terminate instances or to administer everyone’s instance
16. Keystone Architecture
17. What is Nova Compute ?
18. Start VM Provisioning
19. What is Quantum ? Quantum is an OpenStack project to provide "network connectivity as a service" between interface devices (e.g., vNICs) managed by other OpenStack services (e.g., nova).
20. Configure Network
21. Configure Network - Contd
23. Cinder Architecture
24. Request Volume
25. Request Volume Contd
26. What is Swift? Swift is a very robust object storage system that can manage petabytes of data spread across several servers..
27. What is Glance ? Glance provides a catalogue of images. “Images” in this case can be thought of as a virtual machine template. When launching an instance in OpenStack, you choose a template from Glance, such as Ubuntu 12.04 or Centos 5.8, and then OpenStack creates your instance based on that template
28. Glance Image Formats
29. Request VM Image from Glance
30. What is Ceilometer ? Collecting per user/tenant usage data ○ For every OpenStack component ○ In a single place Retrieving usage data ○ From a single place Doing this with an open source project ○ Everyone did this in its corner so far :-( Ultimate Goal : Billing Customers ○ or whatever else you want, like capacity planning or pretty usage statistics…
31. Ceilometer : Design
Presentación que realice en el Evento Nacional de Gobierno Abierto, realizado los ...
In this presentation we will describe our experience developing with a highly dyna...
Presentation to the LITA Forum 7th November 2014 Albuquerque, NM
Un recorrido por los cambios que nos generará el wearabletech en el futuro
Um paralelo entre as novidades & mercado em Wearable Computing e Tecnologias Assis...
Sharad Panwar's Interview. by babban-singh. on Dec 15, 2015. Report Category: Documents
1. SHARAD KUMAR SHARMAEmail -firstname.lastname@example.org Address-38/10,Modipuram , MeerutMobile no.+91-8979237701PIN -250001CAREER OBJECTIVE:To strive for ...
MBA final year ... Search; Home; Documents; Sharad Vijayvargiya@Pepsico
Slides. Innovating The Network. By Phil McKinney. ... OpenStack Orchestrated Service Chaining. ... By Sharad Mishra.
Sharad Vijayvargiya@Pepsico. by bharat5556. on Nov 15, 2014. Report Category: Documents. Download: 0 Comment: 0. 1. views. Comments. Description.
Enabling DPDK Accelerated OVS in ODL and Accelerating SFC Sharad Mishra, Intel Corporation Eric Multanen, Intel Corporation Danny Zhou, Intel Corporation
OpenStack High Availability Guide Florian Haas trunk (2012-01-16) Copyright © 2012, 2013 OpenStack Contributors All rights reserved. Licensed under the ...
Wei Xu ( 徐葳 ) Assistant Professor and Ph.d. Advisor. Institute for Interdisciplinary Information Sciences. Tsinghua University