Published on May 18, 2016
1. Security and Privacy In Web
2. Outline 1. Introduction 2. Privacy In Web 3. Privacy Challenges 4. Security In Web 5. Security Principles 6. Security Challenges 7. Security Tips For Your Website 8. Privacy Vs. Security 9. Recent Trend 10. Security Hints 11. References
3. Introduction What is Privacy ? In General Privacy is the right to keep alone and be free from interference or intrusion. What is Security ? In General Security is the level of protection from harm. It applies to any vulnerable and valuable asset, such as a person, departments, community, item, or organization. 1
4. Privacy In Web Information privacy in web is the right to have some control over how your personal information is collected and used by the websites during using internet. What is Personal information and non-personal information in web ? Many culture have different views for the privacy. 2
5. Privacy Challenges Some of the popular website which is important and need to be used by the user that store the user information and behavior to get a lot of data such as “ Gmail “. Mainstream social media only gives control over privacy settings to those who upload photos not those who are in them. Children's use a mobile phones and records some videos and share them, some of these videos shows a private properties that should not be showed to anyone. 3
6. Security In Web Web application security is the process of securing confidential data stored online from unauthorized access and modification. This is accomplished by enforcing stringent policy measures. Security threats can compromise the data stored by an organization is hackers with malicious intentions try to gain access to sensitive information. 4
7. Security Princeples Confidentiality: A security principle that keeps informationfrom being disclosed to any one not authorized to access it. Integrity: A security principle that keeps information from being modified ( changed) or corrupted. Availability: A security principle that ensures that ability ofa system to keep working efficiently and to keep information accessible. 5
8. Security Challenges Non-validated input -- Attackers can use information not validated before used by a Web application to reach backend components. Broken authentication and session management -- Account credentials and session tokens not properly protected, allowing attackers to compromise passwords, keys, session cooker or tokens, and assume the identities of other users. Denial of Service (DoS): An action or series of actions that prevents asystem or any of its resources from functioning efficiently and reliably. 6
9. Security Tips For Your Website Keep software up to date Error messages Passwords 7
10. Privacy Vs Security Privacy focused on the policies that keep the personal information used and collected in appropriate way. Security focused on protecting data from being stolen and from malicious attack that try to has unauthorized access to the data. 8
11. Recent Trend WhatsApp Application … Note: End-to-end encryption means only the people who are communicating can read the messages. 9
13. Security Hints https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni9GCLkHrQE 11
14. Any Questions ?
15. References 1. https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2015/09/what-is-the-biggest-challenge-to-online- privacy/ 2. https://iapp.org/about/what-is-privacy 3. https://www.techopedia.com/definition/24377/web-application-security 4. http://www.creativebloq.com/web-design/website-security-tips-protect-your-site-7122853 5. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End-to-end_encryption 6. https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0272-how-keep-your-personal-information-secure 7. http://www.scmagazine.com/top-10-security-challenges-for-2013/article/281519/ 8. Computer Data Security & Privacy - Computer Security Principles - Instructor: Dr. Abdul Raouf Khan
Applies To: Outlook Web App for Office 365, Outlook Web App for Office 365 Small Business, Outlook Web App, Less
Here you can find answers to the common questions we hear about privacy and security:. ... Take the Security Checkup regularly to help keep your Google ...
We've created a world where information technology permeates our economies, social interactions, and intimate selves. The combination of mobile, cloud ...
About ACM WiSec 2016. ... we also welcome papers focusing on the security and privacy of mobile software platforms and the increasingly diverse range of ...
Web; Data; Gaming; Internet ... their ability to make informed decisions to protect their privacy and security. "Information privacy" refers to the user's ...
Kostenloses eBook: Web Security, Privacy & Commerce als Gratis-eBook Download bei Weltbild. Jetzt kostenloses eBook sichern und in unserem Sortiment stöbern!
... and privacy settings in Internet Explorer. ... security and privacy ... or malicious web content. Internet Explorer ...
... and malicious code to create a safe web browsing experience. ... Security and privacy terms. ... Security in Internet Explorer
As the Web has grown to be an essential part of our lives, security and privacy have become essential requirements without which the Web cannot function.