Published on July 3, 2016
1. 1 SAP BusinessObjects Cloud Get Answers Better and Faster with the Latest in SAP BI Tools Rob Janson Craig Tanguay June 2016
2. 2 AGENDA 3 Overview of Models, Dimensions, Stories 4 Live Demonstration 1 Overview of Dickinson + Associates 2 Introduction of SAP BusinessObjects Cloud
3. 3 We Are: Focus: Delivery of quality SAP S/4 HANA, BI/Analytics, and SAP HANA Cloud Platform Application consulting services to customers across North America, Europe, and Asia. Our People: A team of 140+ full-time SAP professionals reflects the ideal mix of years of relevant business knowledge, very strong SAP credentials, and solid communication skills. Our Innovations team is comprised of both veteran professionals and agile technologists. Offices: Chicago, IL (Headquarters) Satellites: New York, NY | Scottsdale, AZ | Cincinnati, OH We are:
4. 4 SAP S/4 HANA Dickinson + Associates is a market leader in S/4 HANA. We have invested heavily in training and already have an S/4 HANA implementation underway. SAP Platform and Technology SAP Platform and Technology tools provide and enterprise technology foundation to support applications, analytics and mobile technology while providing a platform for native custom development. SAP Fiori UX SAP FIORI is the future UI for SAP. We understand the technical deployment, development and use of these applications. SAP Fiori UX “Simple” Solutions for the Next Generation Agile Visualization and Advanced Analytics Enhanced User Experience and Adoption Project and Program Management Professionals D+A has deep knowledge of PMI standards and good practices. We also understand the application of SAP AcceleratedSAP™ and SAP Activate methodologies and have experience in Global Project Mgmt. Continue to Improve Delivery of High Quality Solutions SAP Cloud Solutions D+A can support the SAP portfolio of cloud solutions to help your business quickly leverage the most current and innovative applications. Reduce IT Complexity and TCO SAP Business Intelligence and Analytics Dickinson + Associates can provide thought leadership in the application and use of the SAP BusinessObject Suite for data discovery and visualization, reporting and dashboards plus mobile intelligence. Continue to Improve Delivery of High Quality Solutions Dickinson + Associates SAP Expertise
5. 5 OVERVIEW SAP BUSINESS OBJECTS CLOUD INTRODUCTION SAP BusinessObjects Cloud (formerly known as Cloud for Analytics or C4A) is a new generation of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) used for business intelligence, planning, predictive analytics, governance, risk and compliance Simplify your job with the ability to Plan, Predict and visualize business data all in one product. Built natively on the SAP HANA Cloud Platform (HCP) SAP’s newest most advanced in-memory database Familiar recognizable icons, graphs, and tables provide ease of use to both the admin and user 100% Cloud based, and accessible anywhere with an internet connection Collaboration amongst Business Users is greatly enhanced, and real time data availability, leads to superior decision making capabilities.
6. 6 OVERVIEW SAP BUSINESS OBJECTS CLOUD INTRODUCTION In May 2016, Apple Computer and SAP announced a revolutionary Apple iOS and SAP HANA partnership SAP Cloud for Analytics Apple mobile app can be downloaded for the iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch Collaborate with colleagues through the chat function View events and tasks Receive and manage notifications in the app or the iOS notification center
7. 7 OVERVIEW SAP BUSINESS OBJECTS CLOUD INTRODUCTION BOC integrates directly with the SAP HANA Cloud Platform.
8. 8 OVERVIEW SAP BUSINESS OBJECTS CLOUD - MODELS A model is a representation of business data to define relationships, calculations, and data of an organization or business segment Easy set up: easy to create in an Excel-like interface Preview Panel: Visual representation of your modeled data Data Import: Upload of external data sources and integration with SAP on-premise systems
9. 9 OVERVIEW SAP BUSINESS OBJECTS CLOUD - MODELS Three types of Models: 1) PLANNING-TYPE MODEL: preconfigured with dimensions for Time and Categories with the capability to add Dimensions specific to your requirements Used for traditional Planning activities and modeling, able to input and manipulate Model data Ability to allocate and distribute data Built-in Categories for budgets, plans, forecasts and Time periods Auditing features for traceability Security can be enabled to limit data-access to authorized users Planning Model is created by clicking the “Enable Planning” checkbox
10. 10 OVERVIEW SAP BUSINESS OBJECTS CLOUD - MODELS Three types of Models: 2) ANALYTIC-TYPE MODEL: Not preconfigured with dimensions for Time and Categories Used primarily for analysis and reporting presentation purposes Does not have the planning input or allocation capabilities Good way to organize multi-dimensional data brought in from other applications like BW or BPC (but not limited to those) 3) ANALYTICS MODEL BASED ON A HANA VIEW: A simple model with a single Account dimension but with access to other dimensions from HANA. Security is inherited from HANA but can be managed further in BOC
11. 11 OVERVIEW SAP BUSINESS OBJECTS CLOUD - MODELS Types of MODELS: 1. CONNECTED (or INTEGRATED) MODEL : Meaning a MODEL is connected to an underlying system (BW, ERP, HANA, BPC, etc.). Model maintenance and changes would be done in the underlying connected system and not BOC 2. MANUAL (or Disconnected) MODEL : Meaning a model that is disconnected from the underlying system, maintenance of Master and transaction data is done within BOC
12. 12 OVERVIEW SAP BUSINESS OBJECTS CLOUD - DIMENSIONS TYPES OF DIMENSIONS ACCOUNT TYPE DIMENSION: A required dimension to be able to save a Model, used to store Model account information ORGANIZATION TYPE DIMENSION: Optional dimension used to store Entity, Cost Center, or geographical information of a model. Can only have one Organizational Dimension per model GENERIC TYPE DIMENSION: User defined dimensions, more free form in nature and used to tailor to individual data intersection needs of a model POOL DIMENSION: To be use specifically with allocation activities
13. 13 OVERVIEW SAP BUSINESS OBJECTS CLOUD - STORIES A story is a presentation-style document that uses charts, visualizations, text, images, and pictograms to describe data Once you create or open a story, you can add and edit pages, sections, and elements as you like
14. 14 OVERVIEW SAP BUSINESS OBJECTS CLOUD - STORIES STORIES are easy to start and offer initial options: Can start a STORY without a MODEL by importing in a flat file Can add a Canvas where you can add charts and tables to tell the story Can add a Grid which is web worksheet where you can work with data and add formulas to create reports
15. 15 OVERVIEW SAP BUSINESS OBJECTS CLOUD - STORIES In a Planning type MODEL, you can use version management and create a private category version to input different modeling scenarios and testing hypothesis. These private versions can be published to override the public category or kept private
16. 16 OVERVIEW SAP BUSINESS OBJECTS CLOUD - STORIES In a Planning type MODEL, the user has the ability to input revised data into a data grid by: Directly typing over a data cell, the totals along the data tree will automatically revise Typing a + or – numerical percentage (ie +10%), and data value and the data tree will revise
17. 17 OVERVIEW SAP BUSINESS OBJECTS CLOUD – DIGITAL BOARDROOM The Digital Boardroom allows for an interactive agenda and meeting • Link agenda items to overview dashboards, exploration areas, and context information • Present based on the agenda in an executive-level user interface • Explore freely by drilling down, answer ad-hoc questions and return to the agenda at any time
18. LIVE DEMO
19. Questions Thank You!