Published on March 4, 2014
Tuesday, March 04, 2014
Business Objects is a tool primarily supports Data Warehouse Business Intelligence Data Services ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Loading) Ad hoc /Analysis Reports Data Quality (Data Cleansing, data scrubbing, ) Interactive Dashboard Data Federator (Abstraction Process) Data Profiling (Pre-processing of data, meta data Management ) Canned Reports Scorecards Publications, Mobile Reports Polestar, Data Lineage Analysis, Flex Based interactive reporting. Rapid Marts Note – Business Objects delivers standard Business Content for SAP and Non-SAP in the form of Rapid Marts.
BusinessObjects Enterprise Framework CORBA communication framework enables servers to interact with each other. Web Client Also part of Crystal Reports, OLAP Intelligence, Business View Manager, Universe Designer, Central Configuration Manager, Publishing Wizard and Import Wizard enabling these applications to also connect to BusinessObjects Enterprise Windows-based Tools and Applications Business Views Manager Universe Designer Web Server OLAP System Audit Desktop Intelligence Web Application Server Web Component Adapter (WCA) Central Management Server (CMS) Event Server Crystal Reports Cache Server Input File Repository Server (FRS) Output File Repository Server (FRS) OLAP Intelligence Designer Import Wizard Desktop Intelligence Cache Server Crystal Reports Designer Publishing Wizard BusinessObjects Enterprise™ Infrastructure Program Job Server Destination Server List of Values (LOV) Job Server Crystal Reports Job Server Crystal Reports Page Server Report Application Server (RAS) Web Intelligence Job Server Web Intelligence Report Server Connection Server Universe / Business View Reporting Desktop Intelligence Job Server Desktop Intelligence Report Server
- Intuitive zero foot print reporting. - Slice and Dice capability. - Multidimensional analysis on data cubes like from SAP BI Infocube. - Multiple data providers. - Ability to change data representation on Fly. - More useful for BI reports not suitable for operational reports.
• • • • • • • • • Can't copy objects from one report to another even if the query/universe/context is identical. Must resize the formula editor every time you use it (no minimize/maximize buttons on the window, no comments permitted and no word wrapping allowed. No search/replace either.) Very low resolution on graphs when exported (optimized for screen display only and no easy way to optimize for printing) Can only export to Excel or PDF and no other format Can't open more than one report at a time otherwise the instability becomes intolerable. Conditions and exceptions can’t be used from query directly. Text variables /Replacement variables from query don't work directly in WebIntelligence User exit variables are not able to work directly in Web-Intelligence No picture perfect reporting as in crystal reports used for operational reports.
• • • • • • • • • Crystal Report Can copy objects from one report to another when the query/universe/context is identical. Must resize the formula editor every time you use it (no minimize/maximize buttons on the window, no comments permitted and no word wrapping allowed. No search/replace either.) Crystal reports can have Very high resolution on graphs when exported (optimized for screen display only and no easy way to optimize for printing) Crystal Report be export to Excel or PDF or any other format Crystal can open more than one report at a time. Conditions and exceptions reporting is quite flexible in Crystal Report. Text variables /Replacement variables from query don't work directly in WebIntelligence but can work in Bex–Analyzer and Web dynapro which is tightly integrated with SAP BI modules. User exit variables are not able to work directly in Web-Intelligence but work fine with Bex Analyzerand Web Dynapro. No picture perfect reporting as in crystal reports used for operational reports.
• Single edition and smaller installation footprint • used for operational reporting requirements more structured reporting Balance Sheet, trail balance, daily close PNL (profit and loss reporting). • • Flexible Report Layout and Page Orientation Options with Interactive Sorting, Saved Data Selections. Formula/Field find and Duplicate Enhancement • Custom Cross-Tab Rows, Columns and Summaries (Earlier it was a limitation) • Dynamic interactive reporting using Flash/Xcelsius/Flex Integration (Flash animation objects to be embedded directly in the Crystal Reports) • Improve XML Export . Improve support for SAP as data source. • Enhance Support for Web-Based Data Sources and Crystal reports.com (Allowing for direct connection to your Sales force CRM data, XML Web services as Data Sources) • Hyper linking Wizard And many more… like
- Non Intuitive reporting. - Less dynamic slice and dice capability. - Less intuitive representation of hierarchical data.Level of hierarchy. - Less suitable for multi-dimensional reporting - Band based reporting structure header, footer, summary and detail section. New non band based reporting structure have emerged. - More later….
What can replace Crystal Reports 2008 Limitations? • Unlike crystal WebI has intuitive reporting. • WebI has better dynamic Slice and dice capability. • Bex-Analyzer has better support for User Exits , replacements and text variables. • Web-dynapro better support for fetching CRM data. • Xcelcius has more dynamic interactive reporting.
Query Level • Synchronize multiple data providers • Utilization of @ variables @prompt , etc. • Cooked Tables , use of Aggregate awareness. • More later.. • • • • • Report Level # multi-value multiple value for break Fold option in WebI #error, #sync, Formatting issue with graphs like drill down hierarchy in Graphs. More later…
Use Aggregates for measures Index Awareness Use Partitions for high volume fact tables
• More intuitive interactive dynamic Flex/Flash based reporting. • Can be created integrated with Excel/crystal report interfaces. • More intuitive controls like slider for data input, linked graphs, maps etc. • Offline interactive capability.
Limitations of Xcelsius
What can replace Xcelsius Limitations?
Note - According to SAP , we can overcome the limitations of S AP Universes by integrating Business Objects with Information Management (Data Services) .
• • • • • • @ variables Aggregate awareness @user, @prompt at universe level Cooked table Context and duplicate better tuned SQL query like equal to instead of like in formed SQL.
(Bringing SAP Roles to BO environment as groups) SAPR3 SAPBW View Standard Integration BO- Central Management Console Authentication Full View on Demand Schedule Access Levels Content SAP Manually Custom General Role Import Application SAP ROLES BO GROUPS System
• SAP BO uses Enterprise LDAP Windows NT Windows AD SAP Authentication • SAP BO converts SAP Roles into BO groups. • SAP BO has standard access levels Full Schedule View View On Demand • SAPBO also gives a facility to create Custom Access Level using General, System, Application, Content . Security Mode ApplicationUser SecurityGroupAccess level Pre Requisites • User should be created and mapped to group. • Create Access level and provide restriction to Access level.
SAP BO uses • Enterprise • LDAP • Windows NT • Windows AD • SAP Authentication SAP BO converts SAP Roles into BO groups. SAP BO has standard access levels • Full • Schedule • View • View On Demand SAPBO also gives a facility to create Custom Access Level using General, System, Application, Content . Security Mode: ApplicationUser SecurityGroupAccess level Pre Requisites: User should be created and mapped to group. Create Access level and provide restriction to Access level.
How SAP BO Security Model is associated with Business Warehouse?
SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence Landscape - ERP system (SAP / non SAP) with Non SAP DWH & SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse
Import Wizard Development Import Wizard Staging .BIAR Production .BIAR • System Repository (SR) Contains Semantic Layer, Reports, Users, Groups, etc • Audit Repository (AR) Contains Metadata • Performance Management repository(PR)Contains metrics for the scorecard Note - Import Wizard
Data Federator Data Services Data Quality Business Planning and Consolidation Predictive analysis etc.
Data Federator Data Services Data Quality Business Planning and Consolidation Predictive analysis etc.
SAP BO Data Services
Data Services Advantages Limitations
Data Federator Advantages Limitations
Future Face of SAP Business Objects with OLAP-MDX-BWA • SAP HANA • In-Memory BI.
SAP Business Objects , BI More details in other presentations • • • • Universe Design issues. BO Administration and deployment. BO Server Architecture Design. Each 16 reporting flavour in detail, Webi, Crystal, xcelsius, polestar, quaas, voyager, Dynapro, Bex analyser, • Business Planning Simmulation SAP-BPS, Business planning and consolidations SAP BPC.
Participants will gain SAP Netweaver Business Warehouse knowledge necessary for successful implementation and ... and accurate SAP training ...
SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence. Within SAP BusinessObjects BI solutions, the SAP BusinessObjects administration curriculum demonstrates how you ...
"I knew I wanted to do SAP but was a little bit confused as to which module will really help me out. business objects training online counseled and told me ...
Your Trusted SAP Business Objects Training Partner. SAPBOONLINETRAININGS.COM offers quality SAP BO Online training classes through our Experienced ...
Official Product Tutorials – SAP BO BI Suite. ... SAP Education also offers a BI training catalog, ... SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence platform;
Enroll for Business Objects Certification training and tutorial classes online. Learn Business Objects reports and dashboard to become certified from SAP
SAP BO training is intended for: IT & business intelligence professionals who want to hone their skills in SAP Business Objects or SAP BO; Students ...
SAP Business Objects(BO) online training is for those who wants to start their career in IT (SAP) even from non-IT background. SAP BO is very user friendly ...
The most cost-effective SAP Business Objects training in the UK, offered by an SAP Gold PCOE Partner. Fully certified in all areas of SAP Business Objects ...
Wherever you are in your Business Intelligence journey, find resources here that will help your organization be successful with SAP BusinessObjects BI ...