Published on September 8, 2015
1. Bookings: Calculating and Optimizing SaaS Bookings Price Intelligently’s SaaS Metric Mondays
2. Let’s talk about Bookings The truest look into the committed spending dollars of your SaaS customers SaaS Bookings
3. Bookings = The total dollar value of all new signed contracts SaaS Bookings
4. More about Bookings It’s typically recorded as an annualized number even if the agreement period is longer than a year. This metric allows you to accurately visualize and keep track of the money customers have committed to spending with you Want To See What Your SaaS Metrics Right Now? Get your free ProfitWell account – 1-click SaaS Metrics >> SaaS Bookings
5. Here’s How You Visualizes Bookings (Spreadsheet Example) SaaS Bookings
6. All that stuff is great but…why should you care? SaaS Bookings
7. “Not tracking Bookings is like inflating your financials with hot air; it’s just not accurate” SaaS Bookings
8. More specifically… Understanding your Bookings can help: Finance Better predict your companies financial future and accurately account for incoming dollars See the breakdown of your SaaS metrics with ProfitWell >> SaaS Bookings Product Develop an amazing experience with complementary features that help increase committed contracts
9. Lets dive deeper and calculate Bookings like a #SaaS superstar SaaS Bookings
10. What items are included in calculating Bookings? Bookings Criteria Breakdown Include Exclude New Contracts Set up fees Renewals Credit adjustments Upgrades One time charges Downgrades/Churned MRR Discounts SaaS Bookings
11. The calculation breakdown EQUATION Bookings is simple, its just the total value of a new contract agreement. Yet if you want to tabulate the Net Bookings of your SaaS business you take Bookings (New Customers) + Expansion Bookings – Churn and that will give you the total bookings for your business SaaS Bookings
12. Once you master calculating Bookings, Optimize It! SaaS Bookings
13. Increase the number of Bookings in your SaaS business by: 1. Make sure your product is aligned with a value metric: 2. Reduce MRR Churn through quantifying your buyer personas 3. Annual and longer term contracts $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ SaaS Bookings
14. By aligning your product with a value metric you ensure that the value of your offering is in tune with your customer persona. This in turn allows you to expand the amount of revenue your customers are committing to you as their usage expands Key Optimization Make sure your product is aligned with a value metric SaaS Bookings
15. Quantify your buyer personas beyond a few clever names and slide decks, because you know your customer, you’ll start to be able to identify where you can improve in reducing churn. MRR Churn is the kryptonite you need to avoid in your business. Key Optimization Reduce MRR Churn through quantifying your buyer personas SaaS Bookings
16. The longer you get your customer/prospect to commit to a contract, the longer and more your bookings will rise. Work on making sure you’re optimizing for longer contracts that expand on a value metric Key Optimization Annual and longer term contracts SaaS Bookings
17. Boom. Now you can maximize the health of your SaaS business with your new mastery of the Bookings metric. SaaS Bookings
18. Want real time SaaS Metrics? Know and understand your SaaS Metrics with ProfitWell for free – the most accurate metrics on the market Click here to get your free ProfitWell account >> SaaS Bookings
Not tracking Bookings can cause you to miscalculate and falsely inflate your financials. The true path to mastering your SaaS financials is understanding ...
Bookings are an annualized recognition of the many streams of recurring revenue (MRR and ARR) your SaaS business generates. Put another way: bookings are ...
The complete SaaS guide to calculating and optimizing ARPU. ... SaaS ARPU: Calculating and Optimizing from Price Intelligently. ... , SaaS Bookings ...
Updates in SaaS.de Time keeping after ... This working days are then concidered for example when calculating the ... Active Project time bookings are now ...
The complete SaaS guide to calculating and optimizing MRR/ARR blog.profitwell.com
Optimizing Marketing and Sales of SaaS Solutions to Enterprises. ... Social media is a good fit for SaaS; How not to calculate a SaaS marketing ...
As a SaaS CEO you want to know what a ... Mktr2Mktr » Blog Archive Review These 3 Elements Before Calculating Your ... Stop Optimizing for the Wrong ...
Enter Now and Discover How to Increase Your Renewal Rate and Ensure You ... segments is key to optimizing your SaaS ... bookings , customers, or ...