Published on September 23, 2015
1. Commodity Trading Research S&P 500 Chart Foretells A Bearish October…
2. Welcome to Commodity Trading Research Your premier site for fundamental and technical analysis for profitable Commodity Trading. For more info on Commodity Trading Research visit our website www.CommodityTradingResearch.com
3. Get Your Free Report on the BEST Commodity Stocks! We’ll tell you about this Special Offer at the end of the video!
4. Hi, My name is Justin and I‘m with Commodity Trading Research, today were reviewing our recently published article…
5. Does This S&P 500 Chart Foretell Another Stock Downturn?
6. Last week’s Federal Reserve meeting did little to soothe stock market anxiety… In fact, major indices dropped sharply last Friday as investors tried to decipher the US central bank’s Thursday decision to keep interest rates at 0%.
7. Making matters worse, stocks traded sideways in a volatile fashion yesterday as indecision ruled the day. Why are stocks acting so poorly?
8. Much of the recent equity bearishness has to do with the looming onset of higher interest rates. According to Fed Chairwoman Janet Yellen, the US economy is doing welland higher rates coming soon.
9. However, the Fed chose not to raise rates in September since there’sstill adistinct risk of a US slowdown due to global economic weakness. Of course, most of the global weakness worriesstem from China.
10. Recent economic data from the world’s second largest economy reveals a sharp slowdown in manufacturing and export activity.
11. While these fundamental factors are certainty having an impact on market sentiment, it’sa technical development that really has me sitting up in my chair…
12. As you can see, investors made a valiant attempt to rally the S&P 500 above 2,000 last week- an important psychological level.
13. But it didn’t work…
14. The closely watched market index reversed sharply lower by the end of last week, leaving a foreboding reversal bar on the weekly chart.
15. Here’s the deal- should the S&P 500 break below 1,950 in coming days (the low of last week’s bar) there’s a very good chance the index retests the 1,875 area (red line)last seen in August.
16. And get this… If data arrives supporting the idea China’s economy is actually worse off than expected, a test of the October 2014 lows at 1,825 (green line) isn’t out of the question.
17. As a result, we could be on the cusp of a 7-8% downturn in the S&P 500. And remember, we’re smack dab in the middle of a historically bearish period for the markets.
18. September and October are typically the weakest months of the year for stocks.
19. What would such a bearish move in the S&P 500 do for gold?
20. As I’ve mentioned before, gold is typically seen as a flight to safety asset in times of extreme market uncertainty. While the metal saw firm upside as stocks plummeted in August,
21. the yellow metal has failed to impress the past few weeks. But that may soon change…
22. Notice how gold has failedto make a new low in September. When a market fails to set a new low after a long downtrend it’s a good sign selling momentum is waning.
23. You also notice how the metal is on the verge of breaking above an important downtrend line near $1,150 an ounce.
24. Should gold rally above this technical resistance level, a rush to higher prices may ensue as short sellers buy back their positions.
25. Bottom line…
26. The past few days have been highly indecisive and volatile in the S&P 500. But if the index breaks below 1,950 in coming days there’s a very good chance of another sharp downturn in stocks.
27. Such a situation may provide the bullish environment needed to push gold above technical resistance at $1,150 and onto higher prices. Remember, there are some great options for trading the yellow metal via gold ETFs.
28. Want More from Commodity Trading Research.com? Follow us on Social Media
29. Want more FREE information on Commodity Trading? Commodity Trading Research.com Get Your FREE Report Now
30. The 3 BEST Commodity Stocks for 2015 Trading Success! Click Here READ THIS FREE REPORT!
S&P 500 Chart Foretells A Bearish October… Does This S&P 500 Chart Foretell Another Stock Downturn? Last week’s Federal Reserve meeting did little to ...
... the S&P 500’s lift from the lows has lacked conviction, ... Charting the S&P 500’s bearish technical turn ... The charts below add color:
... General Bearish tone of the market. Charts 0020 to 0035 reflect weakness. ... MEDIUM TERM (Weeks): 25Sep15 - The Large Caps (S&P 500 Weekly Chart, ...
October Forex Seasonality Foretells End of ... gains of +387.5-pips while bearish Octobers have ... Seasonality in the US S&P 500 ...
Charts. Interactive; News & Info. Headlines; S&P 500 (^GSPC)
Updated Index chart for S&P 500 ... Stock investors haven’t been this bearish in 15 ... Vertex Pharmaceuticals leads S&P 500 decliners ...
The chart below shows the S&P 500 with ... traders can use the whole month of October to ... The chart below shows DIA with weekly MACD, bearish cycles ...
October Forex Seasonality Foretells End of ... month of the year for the S&P 500, ... practice account and trading charts from ...
What was originally thought to be a bearish symmetrical triangle on the S&P 500 morphed ... and a trip to critical chart support at 1,820 or the October ...
... SPX 500 Chart Setup Shows Bearish ... S&P 500 Technical Setup ... a Bullish Engulfing candle pattern at support set from October ...