Published on June 15, 2016
1. Running Pearson’s Correlation on SPSS http://www.palmx.org/drtamil/spss/ sga-ttest-youtube.sav
2. ©email@example.com 2016 Factors Affecting SGA SGA (Y/N) (Birth weight) Mother’s Nutrition (BMI/Obesity) •Weight •Height Smoking Hypertension
3. ©firstname.lastname@example.org 2016 Dependent Outcome Birth weight of the babies Small for gestational age i.e. less than 2.7kg for term babies – Y/N By Yehudamalul - Own work, CC BY-SA 3.0,
4. ©email@example.com 2016 What test to use? Conduct the appropriate statistical test to test the strength of relationship between MOTHERS’ BODY MASS INDEX (in kg) and BIRTH WEIGHT (in kg).
5. ©firstname.lastname@example.org 2016 Factors Affecting SGA Birth weight (in kg) Proxy for Mother’s Nutrition; Body Mass Index in kg/m2 Smoking (Y/N) Hypertension (Y/N)
6. ©email@example.com 2016 What test to use? Birth weight – interval/continuous data. Body Mass Index – interval/continuous data. The aim here to show the strength and direction of the relationship. Assuming both BMI & birth weight are normally distributed, most suitable test is Pearson’s Correlation.
7. ©firstname.lastname@example.org 2016 Relationship of BMI & Birth weight
8. Running Pearson’s Correlation on SPSS http://www.palmx.org/drtamil/spss/ sga-ttest-youtube.sav
9. ©email@example.com 2016 Results Correlation coefficient; r = 0.432 This indicate that there is a positive and fair association between mothers’ BMI and birth weight.
10. ©firstname.lastname@example.org 2016 Conclusion There is a positive and fair association between mothers’ BMI and birth weight. As the mothers’ BMI increases, the birth weight of the babies also increases. Mother with BMI of 41, had a child of 4.72 kg. Mother with BMI of 17, had child of 1.92 kg. “Big Mothers Get Big Babies!”
11. ©email@example.com 2016 Exercise Repeat the same statistical test between; ◦ Mothers’ Age and Birth Weight ◦ Mothers’ Weight and Birth Weight ◦ Mothers’ Height and Birth Weight
Pearson's Product-Moment Correlation using SPSS ... an association between height and long jump performance by running a Pearson's correlation. SPSS ...
I demonstrate how to perform and interpret a Pearson correlation in SPSS. Category ... Interpret SPSS output for correlations: Pearson's r ...
Pearson’s correlation; ... To run a bivariate Pearson Correlation in SPSS, click Analyze > Correlate > Bivariate. ... Running the Test.
SPSS Tutorial -- Pearson's Correlation SPSS Tutorial - How to do a Pearson's Product Moment Correlational Analysis - ... SPSS Tutorial -- Pearson's Correlation
Using SPSS for Correlation. ... use SPSS to calculate Pearson's r. ... gives the values of the specified correlation tests, in this case, Pearson's r.
Spearman's Rank-Order Correlation using SPSS ... for conducting the Pearson's product-moment correlation. ... running a Spearman's correlation ...
Annotated SPSS Output Correlation. This page shows an example correlation with footnotes explaining the output. These data were collected on 200 high ...
By Ruben Geert van den Berg on September 16, 2014 under Correlation in SPSS. SPSS Correlation Test. ... Before running any statistical tests, ...
Correlation Objectives ... We need to get SPSS to calculate the correlation between height and weight separately for males and females.