Published on January 2, 2017
1. Leviticus 23:24 Yom ha-zikkaron (Rosh Hashanah) Yom Ha-Zikkaron (the day of remembrance) or Yom Teruah (the day of the sounding of the shofar). The holiday is instituted in Leviticus 23:24-25.
2. Objective • Students will be able memorize Leviticus 23:24, (the scripture that introduces this holy day) by using the 5Ws (Who?, When?, What?, Why?, How?). • This can be a Sabbath lesson in itself. Sectioning this scripture verse allows for easy memorization and increased understanding. Teacher can expound and create discussion around each segment which is also color coded for easy distinction.
3. Scripture verse Lev. 23:24 • “Tell the people of Isra’el, ‘In the seventh month, the first of the month is to be for you a day of complete rest for remembering, a holy convocation announced with blasts on the shofar.” CJB
5. Tell the people of Isra’el….. for you
7. Tishri 1 •In the seventh month, the first of the month The 7th Month Day 1
9. A holy day Image source; http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/03/16/us/16rabbi1.span.jpg
11. …..For Remembering
13. “…a holy convocation announced with blasts on the shofar.’