Published on July 14, 2016
1. PRESENTATION IN KAVADARCI, MACEDONIA – MAY 2015 MINISTERUL EDUCAŢIEI ŞI CERCETĂRII ŞTIINŢIFICE Ş C O A L A G I M N A Z I A L Ă “IOAN BĂNCESCU” LOC. ADÂNCATA, JUD. SUCEAVA, 727005 TEL/FAX 0230-528840 E-MAIL : email@example.com ROMANIAN TRADITIONAL FOOD Erasmus+ KA2 Strategic Partnerships for the school education project : “Puppets mission: childhood without borders“ 2014-1-LT01-KA201-000540_9 This project is funded by the European Union Proiect finantat de Comisia Europeană
2. SARMALE - You can cook them on any holiday and not only
3. INGREDIENTS 3 ¼ cups long grain rice, rinsed 1 kilo of pork loin roast, finely minced ½ kilo of grated carrots ½ kilo of chopped onions 1 pinch of salt to taste 3 tablespoons of tomato paste ½ of teaspoon dried dill weed ¼ of cup of sunflower seed oil 100 g of chopped parsley roots 1 medium head cabbage
4. HOW TO MAKE IT: Place rice in a medium bowl, and pour boiling water over it. Let it soak for about 15 minutes, then drain. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium- high heat. Add the carrots, parsley roots, onions and tomato paste. Cook and stir until the vegetables are tender. Transfer the vegetables into the bowl with rice. Heat 2 more tablespoons of oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork, and cook it for about 2 minutes, just until browned on the outside. Transfer this to the bowl with rice and vegetables; season with dill and black pepper. Stir until everything is well mixed. Set the mixture aside to cool. Carefully remove the leaves from the head of a cabbage, and place them in a large pot with about 5 cm of water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 5 to 10 minutes, until tender and flexible.
5. Remove the cabbage leaves from the pot, but leave enough at the bottom to cover. On each of the remaining leaves, place about 2 tablespoons of pork and rice mixture in the center, and wrap the leaf around to cover. Place the stuffed cabbage leaves into the pot. When the pot is full, place a few boiled cabbage leaves over the top. Pour boiling water into the pot to cover the cabbage rolls, and place over medium-low heat. Cover, and simmer for about 30 minutes, until the rice is tender. In Adâncata we can also use burnt clay pots for cooking sarmale in wood ovens. They are much more delicious!
6. COZONAC (sponge cake) It is a traditional Romanian cake, which people make mostly at Christmas and Easter.
7. INGREDIENTS FOR THE DOUGH: 2 kilos of wheat flour 4 eggs 0.5 l milk 400 grams of sugar 25 g of yeast 2 teaspoonfuls of salt 200 ml of oil 100 grams of butter lemon zest nuts cacao rahat lakoum
8. A dough is made of flour, yeast, milk and a little sugar. Then, this dough is kneaded with more milk and sugar, lemon zest, 1 teaspoonful of salt. Next, more ingredients are added: melted butter with oil, lemon juice, the eggs mixed with the rest of the salt. The dough shouldn`t be as thick as doughnut dough. Raisins can be added into the dough. You should let aside the dough for about 1.5 h. These ingredients are enough to make four cakes, which have the size of a loaf of bread. The dough is put on a board and stretched. Then, it is filled with a sweet mixture and rolled, put in a tray and then in the oven. When it is brown, it is ready. The sweet mixture can be made of: crumbled nuts, cocoa powder, hot milk, sugar, the white of eggs, lemon, vanilla. The nuts can be replaced with poppy seeds or rahat lakoum
9. In Adâncata, there is a an annual Festival with food for fasting, at its 3rd edition, organised by the local church, where the local people cook different dishes. TRADITIONAL FOOD FOR FASTING
10. SARMALE (for fasting) SPONGE CAKE MASHED BEANS RED BEETROOT SALAD
11. OTHER ROMANIAN TRADITIONAL DISHES - Răcituri-pig’s trotters, pârjoale-meatballs -Mămăligă-polenta, tochitură -Ciorba from Rădăuţi -Rasol-boiled meat with horseradish and sour cream -Zamă de găină-chicken soup -Ciulama-white sauce stew with mushrooms and sour cream -Fasole cu ciolan afumat de porc-beans with smoked pork leg
12. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENTION! This material reflects only the point of view of the author. The National Agency and the Commission are not responsible for any use of the contained information. We are waiting for you in Adâncata to taste our traditional food!
Food Revolution Day Romania, Pipera, Romania. 1,677 likes · 8 talking about this. We are the team of enthusiastic Ambassadors of Jamie Oliver's Food...
Saint Andrew Romanian Orthodox Church cordially invites you to the 5th edition of the Romanian Food Festival. The event will last three days between Friday ...
Think that Romanian food is all meat and potatoes? ... We head to Romania for a month in a few days. ... hecktic travels directly to your inbox.
Romanian Food and Wine ... Romanian Foods ... I had two tastings on the same day of the Blue Train Feteasca Neagraand I have to say my first impression was ...
10 Romanian Traditional Dishes, Eating Habits and Secrets You Didn ... this is the first fast-food concept in Romania. Small day bars with garden and ...
12 Traditional Romanian Recipes. By Barbara Rolek. ... Recipe of the Day About Food International Cuisine. You might also enjoy: Libations ...
Home / Food / 28 Romanian Foods The Whole World Should Know. ... they need to sit for 2-3 days to gain a ... Bean soup is one of the core foods in Romanian ...
Holidays in Romania in 2016. ... Duration between two dates – Calculates number of days; Date Calculator – Add or subtract days, months, years;
Food Revolution Day Romania, Pipera, Romania. 1.680 de aprecieri · 6 discută despre asta. We are the team of enthusiastic Ambassadors of Jamie Oliver's...