Published on July 4, 2016
1. ROLE OF TEACHERS IN ACTION RESEARCH
2. Types of Action Research Individual research: It focuses on single issue in the classroom. The teacher may be seeking solution to problems of classroom management, instructional strategies, use of materials or student learning. The teachers may have support of their supervisor or principal, and instructor for a course they are taking, or parents. One of the drawback of the individual research is that it may not shade with others unless the teacher chooses to present a findings in a faculty meeting, make a presentation in a conference, or submit written material to a journal, or a newsletter. collaborative action research: It may include as few as two teachers or a group of a several teachers and others interested in a addressing a classroom or department issue. This issue may involve one class or common problem shared by many classrooms. College wide research: It focuses on issues common to all. For Example : A college may have a lack of students involvement in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, and is looking for a way to reach more students to involve them in meaningful ways. The teams of staff from the college work together to narrow the question, gather and analyse the data, and design on a plan of action.
3. Areas of Action Research Learner Teacher Methodology Evaluation Curriculum School Administration Educational Context Parental Co-operation
4. Area-wise Specification Related to learner Motivation Learning style Attention span Concentration Related to teacher Level of competencies Commitment Teaching style Motivation Attitude towards weak students Attitude towards notoriously inquisitive students Social profile
5. Role of Teachers in Action Research Identify the problems Diagnose the problems thoroughly Remedial measures to solve the problem Solutions to solve the problem Find outcome of the problem Evaluation Follow-up action
6. Discussion on Action Research Problems Group 1 Whether the mobile phone is to be prohibited or permitted to the college staff and students during the class hours? Considered to be a problem Remedial measures to solve the problem Solution to solve the problem Follow-up action
7. Group 2 Whether the dress code of the college students is to be compulsory or liberally? Considered to be a problem Diagnose the problem Remedial measures to solve the problem Solution to solve the problem Follow-up action
8. Group 3 Whether the counseling forum for college students is to be enhanced institutional climate or not? Considered to be a problem Diagnose the problem Remedial measures to solve the problem Solution to solve the problem Follow-up action
9. Group 4 How to eradicate drug addiction among the college students? Considered to be a problem Diagnose the problem Remedial measures to solve the problem Solution to solve the problem Follow-up action
10. Group 6 Can technology replace the teacher in classroom? Considered to be a problem Diagnose the problem Remedial measures to solve the problem Solution to solve the problem Follow-up action
154 The importance of action research in teacher ... Action research within teacher education programs Action research plays an important role in the ...
Explore Teacher Research and Action ... because it has redefined their roles as teachers. ... Teacher Research empowers teachers to make a positive ...
The teacher’s primary role is to teach and ... the role of action research in ... “action research is a dynamic, ...
... by allowing lecturers to combine their roles of teacher and researcher ... Educational action research has the potential to help improve ...
The Center for Collaborative Action Research supports ... not all teacher research is action ... The researcher might see a role for technology ...
The importance of action research in teacher education ... Action research plays an important role in the preparation and professional development of ...
Collaborative Action Research For English Language Teachers by ... 3.4 The role of theory in ... 7 Disseminating the research and sustaining the action 181
Action research is a combination of both action and research. ... Teacher as researcher: Roles and ... How to use action research in the self ...
ACTION RESEARCH: A TOOL FOR IMPROVING TEACHER QUALITY AND CLASSROOM PRACTICE ... review of the role of action research in teacher improvement.
Teacher-As-Researcher. ERIC Digest. ... Teacher action research is, ... Teacher as researcher: Roles and expectations.