Published on December 20, 2016
1. Confidential, Maart 2016 A novel method for low-stress euthanizing on the farm
2. The principle Animals are brought into a foam filled with nitrogen gas. They get stunned within 15-30 seconds, almost no additional stress. Animal die if left for over 3 minutes in the foam. According to EU Regulation 1099/2009, stunning with inert gases is allowed for pigs and poultry.
3. Anoxia® Foam Technology : Focus on farm Anoxia can be used as single stunning method, no need for bleeding or pithing Anoxia Foam can safely be used in-doors Anoxia Foam is scalable – from small till large animals, so no additional methods needed First sales focus on farms Piglets on the farm (10-15% of all piglets born die prematurely) Poultry heavier than 3 kg (manual methods cannot be used) Parent stock (poultry)
4. Overview of the stunning box
5. Nitrogen gas Nitrogen gas cylinder with reducing valve
6. Foam agent Certified foam agent is inserted in water flow by water pressure driven pump (Dosatron ®)
7. Foam generator
8. Connection of the tubing
9. Semi-automated operation
10. Low oxygen For quick and reliable stunning within 15-30 seconds, oxygen content should be 1% or lower. The Anoxia® method guarantees this.
11. Mission statement of Anoxia Animals live, animals die. Sometimes scheduled as at slaughter, sometimes unscheduled during outbreaks of animal diseases, or if farm animals cease to be vital. Death is inherent to life. Anoxia's philosophy is that existing stunning methods can, and should be, improved. It is a responsibility of all chain partners to take care of this. Both in the poultry and pig industries euthanizing methods are used that do not deserve their name, and cause stress for farmers, staff and animals alike, and are rejected by the public Anoxia develops and markets its Foam Technology to stun production animals without added stress or pain, fitting in a sustainable animal husbandry that merits its ‘licence to produce’. We work to improve animal welfare in agriculture. . http://www.anoxia.eu Anoxia is a Member of the