Published on November 22, 2016
1. facebook.com/qgl.doha twitter.com/qgl2010 firstname.lastname@example.org +974 5516 8239 Q A T A G R E E N L E A D E R S T H E F U T U R E I S G R E E N !
2. RESIDENTIAL COMPLEX AT ENTERTAINMENT CITY Category: Green Building: Residential Building Qatar Green Leaders Green Building Certification, Design Management & Training (LEED/GSAS). ISO 9001:2015 Certified www.qatargreenleaders.com email@example.com
3. P R O J E C T T E A M Project Owner Lead Consultant GSAS Service Provider Qatar Green LeadersEHAF Consulting EngineersAl Asmakh Real Estate
4. Client Al Asmakh Real Estate - EHAF Plot Area 210,940 m² Total Built-Up Area 120,817 m² GSAS Scheme GSAS V2.0 Mixed-Development Targeted Level 2 Stars Status Obtained LOC – Under Construction Qatar Green Leaders | qatargreenleaders.com RESIDENTIAL COMPLEX AT ENTERTAINMENT CITY The project is a Residential Compound located at Entertainment city in Lusail. The compound is comprised of typical Residential Buildings, typical villas, club house and a nursery.
5. G R E E N B U I L D I N G R A T I N G Certification denied L E V E L Ac h i e v e d 3.00 2.50 2.00 1.50 1.00 .50 0.00 -0.50 -1.00 .023 0.08 0.17 0.32 -0.08 Water Site Energy Urban Connectivity Materials -0.08 Indoor Environment 0.15 Cultural & Economic Value 0.00 Management & Operation 0.26 0.29 0.74 0.48 0.26 0.50 0.40 0.09 AchievedPoints Attainable 0.780 G L O B A L S U S T A I N A B I L I T Y A S S E S S M E N T S Y S T E M
6. S U S T A I N A B I L I T Y P R A C T I C E S Sustainability & Management QGL and Project Design Team applied an integrated approach during all the different design stages. A whole building approach has been applied for the project, several meetings were held to discuss all targeted GSAS criteria and what are the best strategies to follow for fulfilling the criteria’s requirements. Sustainability & Community The project is located in Lusail City, inherited the score of the Lusail Master Planned Development for Urban and Connectivity and Site GSAS Criteria that includes: UC.1 Proximity to infrastructure, UC.2 Load on local traffic conditions, UC.3 Public Transportation, S.1 Land Preservation, S.2 Water Body Preservation and S.3 Habitat Preservation. The compound provides clubhouse, swimming pool and Landscaping Areas to achieve suitable environment for the community. The project is considered a high priority site which is located in entertainment city facing Place Vendôme. The Buildings’ design, colors and features did not fully consider the cultural and heritage identity, but it fitted well in the urban context.
7. Sustainability & Resources S U S T A I N A B I L I T Y P R A C T I C E S Energy and Water The project considered the following strategies for indoor and outdoor water use reduction: • Utilizing drip irrigation system along with sprinkler • Using native and adaptive plants • Reusing collected rainwater for irrigation • Using Low flow rate sanitary fixtures The project considered the following measures to reduce the energy usage: • Using Double glazing with low U-value of 1.8 w/m2k and shading coefficient of 0.23 for windows • Using high performance insulated materials for roof and walls • Using Solar water heaters • Using Efficient Low wattage lighting Fixtures • Using Operable windows for Natural Ventilation • Using Enthalpy Heat Recovery for ventilation The Project will support the National Economy by dedicating more than 30% of total construction expenditure to the Qatar national economy. Sustainability & Health Safety measures are taken during construction by conducting safety inductions and providing PPEs for the construction team. For enhanced air quality, the project considered natural ventilation strategy for the residential buildings by using Operable windows which represent 40% of total building glazing area. Green Building Rating System The project achieved LOC (Letter of conformance) certificate with score of 0.78, which corresponds to 2 Stars in the mixed development Design Rating Scheme.
8. T H A N K Y O U ! Qatar Green Leaders | Green Building Certification, Design Management & Training (LEED/GSAS) Global Business Center (Opposite to Old Arrival Terminal) | C-Ring Road | Entrance 1 | 3rd Floor | P.O. Box: 63382| Tele-Fax: +974 44340477 | Doha | Qatar (Map) www.QatarGreenLeaders.com – info@QatarGreenLeaders.com