Published on October 15, 2016
1. Why are you here?
2. Replenis h To make complete again by supplying what is lacking
3. He came to a cave and camped there, and the word of the LORD came to him, and He said to him, “Why are you here, Elijah?”
4. And he said, “I have been very zealous for the LORD, Lord of Hosts, for the children of Israel have forsaken Your covenant, thrown down Your altars, and killed Your prophets with the sword, and I alone am left, and they seek to take my life.”
5. He said, “Go and stand on the mountain before the LORD.” And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind split the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind.
6. And after the wind, an earthquake came, but the LORD was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake, a fire came, but the LORD was not in the fire, and after the fire, a still, small voice.
7. When Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his cloak and went out and stood in the entrance to the cave. And a voice came to him and said, “Why are you here, Elijah?” 1 Kings 19:9-13
8. Why are you here?
9. We’re RUNNING Fast but LOSING GROUND Elijah was EXHAUSTED Are you being fed in worship, prayer, service?
10. We’re driven more by FEAR than by FAITH Elijah was HIDING Are you prepared for the work of a Disciple?
11. We want the SPECTACLE not the STRUGGLE Elijah was DISILLUSIONED Are you serving in ministry?
12. Walking with Elijah Learn to make sense of THE WILDERNESS
13. Walking with Elijah Learn to listen for God’s WHISPER
14. Walking with Elijah Learn there is more to Church THAN JUST SUNDAY
15. Replenish Why are YOU here?