Published on July 14, 2016
1. Produced by Containers and Security Modernizing traditional IT and accelerating new application delivery with containerization Lars Herrmann GM, Integrated Solutions Business Unit
2. Why Containers?
3. Development vs IT Operations
4. Top 5 Container Misperceptions Containers are new. Containers equal virtualization. Containers are universally portable. Containers are secure by default. Containers are not enterprise-ready. 1 2 3 4 5
5. Containers are an OS technology
6. Containers deliver flexibility & agility ● Deploy applications faster ● Reduce efforts to deploy apps ● Streamline development ● Gain consistency between dev/test/prod environments ● Lower deployment costs ● Reduce overhead
7. Containers provide consistency across traditional and cloud-native workloads
8. Security is not a default configuration
9. What’s inside the container matters ● High vulnerabilities: ShellShock (bash), Heartbleed (OpenSSL), etc. ● Medium vulnerabilities: Poodle (OpenSSL), etc. ● Low vulnerabilities: gcc: array memory allocations could cause integer overflow
10. Containers ARE ready for enterprise . . . and government
11. Deep Container Inspection
12. The OS actually matters ● SELinux ● iptables/firewalld ● Linux Auditing System ● pam_tty_audit ● OpenSCAP Security in RHEL that makes containers more secure: ● IdM / IPA ● Docker standard formats ● Control Groups (cgroups) ● Kernel namespaces CONTAINER ISOLATION WITH SELINUX
13. Red Hat’s Container Solutions
14. Red Hat’s Container Benefits Modernize Application Delivery Standards and Automation Gain Agility Flexibility and Ownership Achieve Consistency Dev, Test, and Production Deploy Anywhere Baremetal, Virt, Private, Public
15. Produced by Thank You
Red Hat’s Industry Leadership with Containers Lars Herrmann GM Integrated Solutions BU, Red Hat
View Lars Herrmann's business profile as Senior Director, Product and Business Strategy at Red Hat Inc and ... in the IT industry and with ...
View Lars Herrmann's business profile as Senior Director, Product and Business Strategy at Red Hat Inc and see work ... Leadership; News and Press; Awards;
Learn. Upcoming Events. Adobe ... Red Hat's Industry Leadership with Containers - Lars Herrmann, GM Integrated Solutions BU, Red Hat .
... said industry executives and federal IT officials at the 2015 Red Hat Government Symposium. ... Leadership with Containers Lars Herrmann, Red Hat
Reflexionen von Red Hats Präsident und CEO Jim Whitehurst über den Stand der ... Zudem beinhalten Container ... Lars Herrmann auf ...
Lars Herrmanns berufliches Profil anzeigen LinkedIn ist ... Integrated Solutions Business Unit at Red Hat. ... Software Industry; Thought Leadership ...
View Lars Herrmann’s professional profile ... Integrated Solutions Business Unit at Red Hat. ... Software Industry; Thought Leadership; Containers; IT ...
At Red Hat, we have not been shy ... and today has quickly expanded into the burgeoning world of containers. In application containers, ... All industries;