Published on October 24, 2014
1. 9 Reasons Why You Should Eat More Chocolate For A Healthier Life
2. Cacao packs a powerful punch PackedwithhealthychemicalslikeflavonoidsandTheobromine,thecacaobeanisadiseasekillingbulletandalsothesourceofchocolate’sdistincttaste.Makesureyourchocolateofchoiceishealthy,withatleast70%cacao.Sincecacaohasahighfatandsugarcontent,limityourselfto7ounces,orabout4chocolatebarsperweek.
3. Dark chocolate is a nutritious beast Abarofchocolatewithatleast70%ofcocoaisrichinfiber,iron,magnesium,copper, manganese,potassium,phosphorus,zinc,andselenium.Chocolatealsohasagreatfattyacidprofile,withfatsbeingmostlysaturatedandmonounsaturatedwithsmallamountsofpolyunsaturatedfats.
4. Chocolate may lower cholesterol levels AccordingtoastudybytheTheJournalofNutrition,regularconsumptionofchocolatebarscontainingplantsterolsandcocoaflavanolsmaysupportcardiovascularhealthbyloweringcholesterolandimprovingbloodpressure.
5. Chocolate: A little secret to a healthy heart A9yearstudyinSwedenofmorethan31,000womenshowedthosewomenwhoate1or2servingsofdarkchocolateeveryweekreducedtheirchanceforheartfailurebyathird.Anotherstudy,inGermany,showedthateatingasquareofchocolateperdayreducesriskforhighbloodpressure,stroke,andheartattackby39%duetothepresenceofflavonoids.Infact,achocolatebarhasabout5timestheamountofflavonoidscomparedtoapples.
6. Chocolate can prevent memory decline Differentareasofthebrainneedmoreenergytocompletetheirtasks,andthus,needgreaterbloodflowaswell.Thisrelationship,knownasneurovascularcoupling,mayplayanimportantroleinconditionssuchasAlzheimer’s.Hotchocolatecanhelppreservebloodflowinthebrain.
7. Chocolate can help with weight loss? Inaway,yes!Darkchocolateismorefillingthatlightercoloredchocolatesandlessenscravingsforsweet,salty,andfattyfoods.Therefore,youcaneatasmallerportionofdarkchocolatethanotherchocolatesandstillsatisfyyourcraving,makingiteasiertosticktoyourdiet.
8. Going out in the sun? Grab a piece of chocolate! Theflavonolsfoundincocoacanprotectagainstsun-induceddamage,improvebloodflowtotheskinandincreaseskindensityandhydration.
9. Happier Babies AstudyfromFinlandfoundthatwomenwhoatechocolatedailyduringtheirpregnancywerebetterabletomanagestressthanwomenwhodidn’t.Thebabiesofthesewomenwerealsohappierandsmiledmore.Toughchoice:apieceofdarkchocolateorapacifierforyourscreamingbaby’smouth?
10. Chocolate: Diabetes’ Secret Foe AccordingtoClaudioFerri,leaderresearcherattheUniversityofL’AquilainItaly,theflavonoidsfoundinchocolateincreasenitricoxideproduction.Anincreaseinnitricoxideproductionhelpsinsulinsensitivityandcandropinsulinresistancebyhalf.
11. Thanks for viewing our presentation. For more helpful medical information, please visit our site, www.medkohealth.com
You might think chocolate is sinful, but it’s a lot better for you than you think. In fact, it has been used for hundreds of years by medical ...
4 Health Reasons to Eat Chocolate ... rich dark chocolate seems that much more ... Magazine I have come across several health reasons to justify ...
1. It helps keep your heart healthy. A 2010 study found that eating chocolate seems to decrease the risk of heart disease, in part because it helps lower ...
17 Reasons You Should Eat Chocolate ... In case you needed another good reason to eat chocolate, ... people who consumed more chocolate reported ...
World Chocolate Day: 10 convincing health reasons you should eat more of the stuff
Good news: It turns out there are valid health reasons for a little chocolate in your diet. Here, chocolate's top 5 surprising benefits.
lifestyle. 9 Reasons to Eat More Chocolate, as Told by Mindy Kaling. I mean, Dr. Lahiri is a medical professional.
The next time you walk past the chocolate aisle, don’t feel sorry about browsing. Just pick up some dark chocolate, which provides plenty of nutrients ...
6 more reasons to up your chocolate intake On a detox? Cutting calories? Low-carb fiend? Yes, you too should eat MORE chocolate this January (and beyond).
5 Proven Reasons You Should Be Eating More Dark Chocolate. Leslie Baehr; Mar. 21, 2014, 5:23 ... Here are five delicious reasons to chow down ...