Published on February 16, 2014
RE-VISITING LANDSCAPE AUDITS MATT CHURCHILL FEB 2014
LANDSCAPE AUDITS ARE ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT DIGITAL MARKETING TOOLS WE HAVE AT OUR DISPOSAL
USE DATA AND ANALYSIS TO INFORM STRATEGY: YOU CAN’T RATIONALISE ANY PLAN YOU WANT TO PITCH TO YOUR CLIENT OTHERWISE
YOU DON’T NEED TO BE A STATISTICIAN!
CATEGORISE YOUR QUESTION
LANDSCAPE AUDITS ARE INCREDIBLY POWERFUL WAYS TO BEGIN SOLVING A PROBLEM
• What does a community think about my company? • What does a community talk about that’s relevant to my company? • Who are the main voices engaging around my company? • Which conversation topics are most associated with my company? • How does a community behave online?
KNOW YOUR TOOLS
MAKE VENDORS YOUR FRIENDS
• Sign up for trials with different vendors • Learn their capabilities • Find out how they can help answer your client’s questions
LEARN STANDARD OUTPUTS
MOST TOOLS KICK OUT THE SAME SORTS OF DATA
• Platform distribution • Conversation volumes • Linguistic analysis • Sentiment analysis • Influencer analysis
DATA IS JUST THE START
CLIENTS WANT YOUR OPINION AND INSIGHT
• Find out the catalyst for conversation spikes • Understand how word clouds reflect actual conversation • Investigate the platforms where content is being created
USE YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF PEOPLE
NURTURE YOUR INNATE EXPERTISE
• Are they sharing content? • How are they sharing content? • What content are they sharing?
LOOK FOR PERSONALITY TYPES
THERE ARE THREE TYPES OF PERSON
• People who generate • People who curate • People who amplify
TREAT EACH AUDIT AS IF IT’S YOUR FIRST
KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN AND YOUR MIND RECEPTIVE
• It keeps the data from being misinterpreted • It won’t prejudice your insight formulation • It ensures you find a unique answer that will benefit your client
I am a Digital Manager at Burson-Marsteller in London with more than 5 years’ experience of working in social media and the digital space, managing and executing UK, EMEA and global programmes for multinational companies. I have cross sector experience in the social business, corporate, financial, FMCG, consumer and pharmaceutical industries, in strategy development, landscape analysis, crisis and issues management, paid media, editorial management, content creation and community management. I work with companies to help them understand the digital landscape that they operate in and to identify the opportunities that social media can bring to their business. The aim of this is to help them provide a service that their customers will want to interact with and ultimately benefit from – for me, the community comes first. Feel free to drop me a line at email@example.com or @geetarchurchy. All images courtesy of www.unsplash.com.
Small deck used during Use Case roundtable at JiveWorld 2014. On each on the 14 ta...
This 30 minute presentation was given at the 2014 Rochester Young Professionals En...
Re-visiting Landscape Audits Other legal audits Oracle Quality Audits ... RECOMMENDED. Sales Audits - Enterprise Technology Firms. Securitization Audits.
Retail Audits; Sales; Service; ... note the type of store you're visiting. Type of ... paint a clearer picture of the competitive landscape. ...
Green Infrastructure Audits – A Five Step Approach. 4. Green Infrastructure Audits – A Five Step Approach Overview. Step 1 Vision and Partnering
Retail Audits; Sales; Service; Pricing; About; Blog; Login; Start Trial Close Features. Appointment Scheduling; Custom Reporting ...
Sheri Chee pwc.com/sg ... A new landscape for Fund MAS Enhanced Fund Management Regime ... Independent Annual Audits and Internal Audit
Ian D. Rotherham of expert stakeholder workshops to examine and review issues of woodland indicators, woodland inventories, and related landscape issues.
2. ROI Model vs. Strategic ApproachMANEL BLAU RIFAIStrategicApproach Step 8: Step 1:Measure andMake monitor adjustmentsturnover and andretentioncontinue ...
The Green Infrastructure Audit Best Practice Guide pioneered by Victoria BID is a ... Landscape Institute, 2013 ... • Re-visiting the vision at ...